Fixed Width

Mark.B

Had to do a new thread for this to draw attention to it, I spotted earlier that the style chooser has been enabled and there's a fixed width style available.

For those of us who are fans of fixed width styles on forums, try it out...XF looks even MORE amazing in fixed width.

One window?? You're clearly not busy enough! ;)

Try managing my desktop...

all-four-displays-png.361

3FGCg.png

Also, nice monitor setup. 2x vertical + 2x horizontal = awesomeness. As far as *my* desktop goes, I currently have 24 Firefox tabs open + 11 other windows. I just prefer to have the content be the sole focus of my attention when I'm reading through threads. It's not like I can draw in Photoshop and read at the exact same time. I guess I just switch windows while you have no need. :D

phpmyadmin?? obviously not hardcore enough :p

but yeah, don't know how people manage to have a window full screen at any point. I've got about 5 windows I'm working with at the moment and I'm not even at work.

what I like most about kiers desktop, is that it's obviously organised (at least it appears that way), despite looking like a complete mess. move one window to another screen and he'll get lost :)

What, this?

dev-header-jpg.367

That's just my local development installation, which has a different background on the header so I don't confuse it with the live site. It also has a couple of style properties tweaked, making the tabs taller. About ten seconds' work, but it helps remind me where I am.

Attachments

• Dev-Header.webp
    Dev-Header.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 187
My ideal monitor setup would be 2560 x 1600 x 3. If you had 3 GTX 480's (around $1500 for the cards alone) you could probably do 3D surround gaming (3D on all three monitors). That would be the coolest thing imaginable. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. :P

What, this?

dev-header-jpg.367

That's just my local development installation, which has a different background on the header so I don't confuse it with the live site. It also has a couple of style properties tweaked, making the tabs taller. About ten seconds' work, but it helps remind me where I am.

Yeah, I thought it looked cool. :D Also, I think that's what Brandon meant by:
Is that a custom xenforo background i see?

My ideal monitor setup would be 2560 x 1600 x 3. If you had 3 GTX 480's (around $1500 for the cards alone) you could probably do 3D surround gaming (3D on all three monitors). That would be the coolest thing imaginable. Anyways, I'm getting off topic. :p

The best thing I ever did for writing code was rotating one of my displays into portrait orientation. It's a revelation. Now I have two vertical displays and two horizontal - it's a joy to work with.

The best thing I ever did for writing code was rotating one of my displays into portrait orientation. It's a revelation. Now I have two vertical displays and two horizontal - it's a joy to work with.
I totally agree!
On 1 system, I use 2 22" verticals and 1 23" horizontal.

I also have my 22" imac.

Yeah, I don't quite understand why people need a fixed width, if you can choose to change the size of your browser window as well. What are the benefits of a fixed width then compared to fluid?
Layout.

As a site owner it lets me control how the page is displayed which is obviously very important.

Top Bottom