Fixed Width

Mark.B

Had to do a new thread for this to draw attention to it, I spotted earlier that the style chooser has been enabled and there's a fixed width style available.

For those of us who are fans of fixed width styles on forums, try it out...XF looks even MORE amazing in fixed width.

I usually try to set my board to around 80% fixed width of the browser's window. I, too, prefer how fixed width boards tend to look, as it prevents the content from getting overly wide...

I tend to create a hybrid version on my sites... using min-width and max-width... So I create a fluid style but one that can not be narrower than x and wider than y... This I fine pleases the biggest number of people as it is the best of both worlds...

It would be cool if this is possible with xenForo from the outset..

I run 1920x1200, yet I'm fine with fixed because I very rarely run my browser full screen so 900->1200px is my normal browser width (changes all the time). How do people browse the internet with so much whitespace?

I run 1920x1200, yet I'm fine with fixed because I very rarely run my browser full screen so 900->1200px is my normal browser width (changes all the time). How do people browse the internet with so much whitespace?

I scan lines much faster then I'll scan blocks of text, so the longer the line, the faster I can read it.

I scan lines much faster then I'll scan blocks of text, so the longer the line, the faster I can read it.

But when that line gets much bigger into the case of many many lines... it is not comfortable to be turning your head back and forth to get from the end of one line to the beginning of the next... On my screen if I have fluid width on and browser maximized reading a big block of text is like being at Wimbledon... My head has to turn so much...

Top Bottom