Fixed Width

Mark.B

Had to do a new thread for this to draw attention to it, I spotted earlier that the style chooser has been enabled and there's a fixed width style available.

For those of us who are fans of fixed width styles on forums, try it out...XF looks even MORE amazing in fixed width.

From my experience people hate Fixed Width.

But I prefer it.

On our site we have one style, but the users can choose whether they want it fixed or fluid via an option in their Preferences. There's then a conditional in the template that loads a different CSS file if you want it fluid width.

Giving people the choice is always nice.

From my experience people hate Fixed Width.

But I prefer it.

On our site we have one style, but the users can choose whether they want it fixed or fluid via an option in their Preferences. There's then a conditional in the template that loads a different CSS file if you want it fluid width.

Giving people the choice is always nice.

I've designed alot of sites, and in my experience most of my customers prefer fixed width, but only after I've showed a comparison of the two. It doesn't take much convincing after that.

I used fixed width as often as I can. I think it makes the content looks neater.

Top Bottom