FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download

Iversia

Iversia submitted a new resource:

[Iversia] FAQ Manager (version 1.0.0) - Frequently Asked Questions / Knowledge Base management.

XenForo add-on for Frequently Asked Questions management.

Features
  • Full FAQ with adding, editing and deleting
  • Question categories
  • BBCode supported answer fields
  • Permissions for managing questions, and for managing categories
  • Custom BBCode for linking to specific FAQ entries: [faq=10][/faq]
  • (Option) Multiple sort options (alphabetical, submit date, view count)
  • (Option) Show answers on the same page (slide down), or a new page
  • (Option)...

Read more about this resource...

looks great but it doesnt seem to work with Chris's auto installer addon.

When trying to load the zip file i get the following error :
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

I see that you have a fulltext index on one of the tables. Does this integrate with XF built in search or have you rolled your own? (Great mod btw)

I did a quick translate and attempt to change the route from /faq/ to /s.s.s/ via Jake's Route Changer but it didn't work.

FAQ tab is only active when selected. It would be nice option to set faq tab always in help section.

Liking questions will be added. :)

Does this integrate with XF built in search or have you rolled your own?
There's no search enabled at the moment, but it's a feature that I'd like to add eventually. I'm still not sure if it'll be integrated with XF, or standalone.

Do the sidebars work with bd widget?
I haven't made any widgets specifically for bd widget. So it isn't currently possible to display latest questions, etc., on the forum index. Is that what you're asking?

I did a quick translate and attempt to change the route from /faq/ to /s.s.s/ via Jake's Route Changer but it didn't work.
That's an issue with the Route Changer. It looks like it breaks when periods are added to the route. /sss/ works, /s.s.s/ breaks.

FAQ tab is only active when selected. It would be nice option to set faq tab always in help section.
The very first option for the FAQ Manager lets you always display the FAQ link in the main NavBar. Otherwise, yes, it is only active when selected.

What is the point of the FAQ tab (active only when selected)? I cannot see why it appears? What purpose does it bring? Feeling I must be missing something? Is there an option for it to not appear?

Can we have the option of making the category pages like this?Can we order the questions? like have 1, 2, 3...also can we use html.
Sliding the question open and clicking through to a new page are the only two ways to display questions at the moment. You can order your questions like that by assigning numbers to the beginning and then ordering them by title alphabetically. At the moment there is no manual sort order option. And no, you cannot use HTML. You can only use BBcode. You would require another add-on that allows the use of HTML through BBcode in order for that to work.

What is the point of the FAQ tab (active only when selected)? I cannot see why it appears? What purpose does it bring?
If you want to remove it completely you can either disable the code event listener "Development > Code Event Listeners" and uncheck "navigation_tabs" under the FAQ Manager section. However, that will break the auto-generated breadcrumb hierarchy (I still haven't found a way to gracefully degrade that).

Or you can hide it completely with CSS.
Code:
.navTab.faq {display:none}

This is a great AddOn, thanks.

Do you have planned to allow the tags, CODE, PHP, HTML and attachments (ZIP, RAR, TXT, DOC, ......) in the FAQ.

Thanks, Luis.

Sliding the question open and clicking through to a new page are the only two ways to display questions at the moment. You can order your questions like that by assigning numbers to the beginning and then ordering them by title alphabetically. At the moment there is no manual sort order option. And no, you cannot use HTML. You can only use BBcode. You would require another add-on that allows the use of HTML through BBcode in order for that to work.

If you want to remove it completely you can either disable the code event listener "Development > Code Event Listeners" and uncheck "navigation_tabs" under the FAQ Manager section. However, that will break the auto-generated breadcrumb hierarchy (I still haven't found a way to gracefully degrade that).

Or you can hide it completely with CSS.
Code:
.navTab.faq {display:none}

I did that. I had #1 test, and #2 testing (example) and #2 was first.

Try this
PHP:
.navTabs .navTab.faq.PopupClosed .navLink
{
    background: blue;
	color: red;
}

Lovely addon thank you.

There is no slider effect for me. [Edit - yes I selected it in admin]

It would be REALLY nice to have the option of my FAQ Categories appearing on the secondary navtab bar.
I expect i can construct something with a template hack, in serting the links manually but then I have to redo if my Category structure changes.
For longer lists of Categories perhaps a limit of the first 7 to appear on the secondary navtab bar?

Also Stick a FAQ - I am doing that by numbering the ones I want to appear at the top but Sticking is better.

Great work. Particularly like the clear instructions. Painless install YAY!

Top Bottom