1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

Frequently Asked Questions / Knowledge Base management.

1. Iversia

Iversia Well-Known Member

Iversia submitted a new resource:

[Iversia] FAQ Manager (version 1.0.0) - Frequently Asked Questions / Knowledge Base management.

Read more about this resource...
    resonansER, Alien, Inkman and 4 others like this.
  2. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Love too see if we can like a FAQ item (an answer).
    alexD, The Forum Heroes and yavuz like this.
  3. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

looks great but it doesnt seem to work with Chris's auto installer addon.

When trying to load the zip file i get the following error :
    Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.
  4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This looks awesome! Great stuff! (y)
  5. Iversia

resonansER and Luis like this.
  6. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I see that you have a fulltext index on one of the tables. Does this integrate with XF built in search or have you rolled your own? (Great mod btw)
  7. Robyn Unc Privette

Robyn Unc Privette Active Member

Do the sidebars work with bd widget?
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

I did a quick translate and attempt to change the route from /faq/ to /s.s.s/ via Jake's Route Changer but it didn't work.
  9. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

FAQ tab is only active when selected. It would be nice option to set faq tab always in help section.
  10. Iversia

Liking questions will be added. :)

There's no search enabled at the moment, but it's a feature that I'd like to add eventually. I'm still not sure if it'll be integrated with XF, or standalone.

I haven't made any widgets specifically for bd widget. So it isn't currently possible to display latest questions, etc., on the forum index. Is that what you're asking?

That's an issue with the Route Changer. It looks like it breaks when periods are added to the route. /sss/ works, /s.s.s/ breaks.

The very first option for the FAQ Manager lets you always display the FAQ link in the main NavBar. Otherwise, yes, it is only active when selected.
    Luis, yavuz and Shelley like this.
  11. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

12. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Please please integrate into XF search. Don't make it standalone.
    Morgain and Luis like this.
  13. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

What is the point of the FAQ tab (active only when selected)? I cannot see why it appears? What purpose does it bring? Feeling I must be missing something? Is there an option for it to not appear?
  14. Iversia

Sliding the question open and clicking through to a new page are the only two ways to display questions at the moment. You can order your questions like that by assigning numbers to the beginning and then ordering them by title alphabetically. At the moment there is no manual sort order option. And no, you cannot use HTML. You can only use BBcode. You would require another add-on that allows the use of HTML through BBcode in order for that to work.

If you want to remove it completely you can either disable the code event listener "Development > Code Event Listeners" and uncheck "navigation_tabs" under the FAQ Manager section. However, that will break the auto-generated breadcrumb hierarchy (I still haven't found a way to gracefully degrade that).

Or you can hide it completely with CSS.
    .navTab.faq {display:none}
    Morgain and Luis like this.
  15. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Luis likes this.
  16. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

This is a great AddOn, thanks.

Do you have planned to allow the tags, CODE, PHP, HTML and attachments (ZIP, RAR, TXT, DOC, ......) in the FAQ.

Thanks, Luis.
    Daniel 'RTRD' likes this.
  17. Matthew Hawley

I did that. I had #1 test, and #2 testing (example) and #2 was first.
  18. Matthew Hawley

How do I change the text color? I tried

.navTab.faq {color:yellow}
    and it didn't work.
  19. Luis

Luis Well-Known Member

Try this
    .navTabs .navTab.faq.PopupClosed .navLink
  20. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Lovely addon thank you.

There is no slider effect for me. [Edit - yes I selected it in admin]

It would be REALLY nice to have the option of my FAQ Categories appearing on the secondary navtab bar.
    I expect i can construct something with a template hack, in serting the links manually but then I have to redo if my Category structure changes.
    For longer lists of Categories perhaps a limit of the first 7 to appear on the secondary navtab bar?

Also Stick a FAQ - I am doing that by numbering the ones I want to appear at the top but Sticking is better.

Great work. Particularly like the clear instructions. Painless install YAY!