FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
Can anyone point me to the exact template to align the category description text. There are many FAQ templates and I've tried to fix it but can't seem to find the right place. :)2017-08-21 (4).webp

@Iversia I second Floyd's comment ... any plans to upgrade this to XF 2+ ... would a donation help with this? Or anyone else developing this or an equivalent? Thanks,

Also here to voice my support for a XF2 version. I'm planning my upgrade and the FAQ is pretty core functionality, would hate to have to start from scratch. One of the best add-ons on XF imo.

Iversia updated FAQ Manager by Iversia with a new update entry:

FAQ Manager for XenForo 2 is underway

Hey folks,

Programming has begun for the XenForo 2 version of this add-on. It is going to be for XenForo 2.1 and up, as I'd rather implement reactions instead of likes for the FAQ entries. There will be a beta release sometime in Q1 and I'm uncertain how much backwards compatibility I am going to do (if any) given how much the add-on structure has changed.

Sneak peeks will be available to my patrons, and I will be emailing people...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@electrogypsy The /help url structure would make sense. Kind of hilarious to think about that when I first wrote this in 2013, a lot of the help hooks didn't exist. It'd be so much easier to do now.

We just updated our forum to 2.0 and were users of the old FAQ. Now of course, we have no FAQ and are looking around at our options. We really liked the way the old one worked...and would LOVE for V2.0 to include an upgrade, but your post suggests that might not be in the cards....

Looks like our options are:

1. Get an update from Iversia (and either auto or manually redo our FAQ)
  2. Port the FAQ content to a different system, perhaps a post with internal links, a blog, a wiki, a resources page.
  3. Run a separate instance of XF 1.5 for the FAQ that links to the the main forum.

We'd be happy to be a beta site for V2.0, and might be able to fund it (this is a hobby, but we have 13k members so are eager for a solution).

Any insights into v2.0 you could provide would be helpful.

Julian

We just updated our forum to 2.0 and were users of the old FAQ. Now of course, we have no FAQ and are looking around at our options. We really liked the way the old one worked...and would LOVE for V2.0 to include an upgrade, but your post suggests that might not be in the cards....

Looks like our options are:

1. Get an update from Iversia (and either auto or manually redo our FAQ)
  2. Port the FAQ content to a different system, perhaps a post with internal links, a blog, a wiki, a resources page.
  3. Run a separate instance of XF 1.5 for the FAQ that links to the the main forum.
We'd be happy to be a beta site for V2.0, and might be able to fund it (this is a hobby, but we have 13k members so are eager for a solution).

Any insights into v2.0 you could provide would be helpful.

Julian
Why don´t you upgrade to XF 2.1 and just wait for Jodie to come up with the compatible version since there most likely won´t be a XF 2.0 version? As far as I understood, Jodie will provide some importing functions, so you could use your old FAQ.

Top Bottom