FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
Hi, @Iversia!

This addOn is very good and easy to customize, but still there's missing few features witch I would like much. :) Here they are:
  • You would be able to add answers to several categories (e.g. Cars, Bikes, Dogs, Cats...) and add question "How do you start the motor of your vehicle?" to Cars and Bikes
  • Member, who asks question can choose will his name displayed in FAQ page of question (can be disabled using permission)
  • "Was this article helpful?"-question (yes / no) in FAQ and display results for users who have permission to view it
  • Star ratings for FAQ
  • Possibility to change between like, yes / no and star rating systems
  • Reporting Questions with new answer or comment, if data of FAQ is invalid or expired/too old
  • When users submitting question, give them option to add answer suggestion
  • Display list of asked questions for users who have permission and give possibility to answer suggestion
  • Display help pages in left sidebar, under categories and add question
Thank you for reading! My english skills are not best :D

Is there a way you can add a confirmation when deleting a question? It doesn't ask it currently just deletes the question can lead to data lose that wasn't intended.

Could a option be added to this addon so only admins and moderators can access it while it is being populated with basic questions?

Firstly, I would like to thank Iversia for creating such a awesome plugin! The plugin is working fine. But I get the following error in my Server Error Logs.

ErrorException: Undefined offset: 5 - library/Iversia/FAQ/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:15
Code:
#0 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/Iversia/FAQ/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/scriptdr/...', 15, Array)
#1 [internal function]: Iversia_FAQ_BbCode_Formatter_Base::renderTagFAQ(Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text))
#2 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text))
#3 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#6 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Text.php(89): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#7 [internal function]: XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text->handleTag(Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text))
#8 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Text))
#9 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#10 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#11 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#12 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(526): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#13 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#14 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Thread/Preview.php(14): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[COLOR=#000000]...')
#15 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): XenForo_ViewPublic_Thread_Preview->renderHtml()
#16 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(229): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_list_ite...')
#17 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(92): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->getDefaultOutputArray('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_list_ite...')
#18 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(607): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_list_ite...', NULL)
#19 /home/scriptdr/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#20 /home/scriptdr/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#21 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(174) "https://www.scriptdrive.org/index.php?threads/mega-script-list-tags.2619/preview&_xfRequestUri=%2Findex.php%3Fforums%2Fmovie-scripts.4%2F&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfResponseType=json"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["threads/mega-script-list-tags_2619/preview"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/index.php?forums/movie-scripts.4/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Anyone know what this means?
Thank you,

First, it's a great addition to a XF forum. Great add-on. @Iversia (y)

I found a few bugs and have a few suggestions here.
  1. I purchased the branding removal for 30.- USD, but when I want to deactivate the Template Modification I get a JavaScript Error. The Browser Console is full with a full page document of error. I helped myself with removing the copyright with CSS, so it's not a big problem but should be taken care of.
  2. PERMISSIONS MUST HAVE: Since I am having a private forum, the FAQs are mostly internal and shall not be seen by unregistered/guest users. Here a general "Can View FAQs" permission is absolutely necessary. If you can not view the FAQs, the links and access must be removed entirely. This must be added even before an adaption to XF 2.0
  3. Permissions Suggestion (for later udates): Have permissions to FAQs per category. Regulate permissions per category to have FAQs for different user groups: Unregistered, Registered, Moderators, Stuff, Admins specifically.
  4. Breadcrumbs... missing... When I create a FAQ entry or a category, I am completely lost and have to click on the FAQ main link again.
  5. Confirmation for "Delete" operations missing. When I use the FAQ Tools to delete an entry/category, it just deletes without asking "Do you really want to delete?".
  6. BB Code not working: When I want to use the BB Code to linke an FAQ entry to a forum post, it shows "FAQ: The question was not found." Instead a Server Error is generated:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 4 - library/Iversia/FAQ/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:15
Generated By: XXXXXXXXX, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/Iversia/FAQ/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/www/client...', 15, Array)
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(745): Iversia_FAQ_BbCode_Formatter_Base::renderTagFAQ(Array, Array, Object(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_ImageCount))
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(652): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(565): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(526): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(415): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render('[faq=4][/faq]')
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(65): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_checkMessageValidity()
#9 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenGallery/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(10): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_checkMessageValidity()
#10 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(345): XenGallery_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_checkMessageValidity()
#11 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1460): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave()
#12 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(571): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#13 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#14 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#15 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(65) "https://www.mywebsite.com/threads/test-thread.951/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/test-thread_951/add-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(24) "<p>[faq=4][/faq]<br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(56) "https://www.mywebsite.com/threads/test-thread.951/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "b289d4a5f351982f2d870d7c52154f8a"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1478351374"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1478351374"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(25) "/threads/test-thread.951/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
This no longer work?

I can not add categories or edit/delete answers even though I am admin and have given myself all permissions

I have 3.2.0 working fine on XF 1.5.13 and am able to add categories and edit/delete answers. Maybe analyze permissions and see if something's canceling it out?

I have 3.2.0 working fine on XF 1.5.13 and am able to add categories and edit/delete answers. Maybe analyze permissions and see if something's canceling it out?

good call..

I am in the admin group, the admin group as been granted all permissions, but when I analyze my permissions it is showing I dont have the proper permission

Hello there,
Sorry to bother but wondering where do I add categories? I don't see anywhere to add despite installing fine. Permission are all fine. :) thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom