1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Facebook, Twitter, Google and Steam in Sidebar Visitor Panel 1.0

Let guests sign up or sign in through the sidebar visitor planel.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The8thLegion submitted a new resource:

Facebook, Twitter, Google and Steam in Sidebar Visitor Panel (version 1.0) - Let guests sign up or sign in through the sidebar visitor planel.

Read more about this resource...

J0K3R likes this.
  2. Travis

Travis Active Member

looks good! However,is there a way to not enable steam login? our users won't use it,so it isn't needed.

The8thLegion likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'll edit the resource with directions how to do that. Gimme a moment.

Edit: K go check.

MsJacquiiC and Travis like this.
  4. Travis

Travis Active Member

Awesome! Thanks

The8thLegion likes this.
  5. Travis

Travis Active Member

if not using steam,I don't need the steam pre-requisite,correct?

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's right. It says that in Step 1 of Directions (without Steam).

7. Travis

Travis Active Member

my bad. I saw that after I posted. That'll teach me to read things thoroughly! lol. Works a treat :)

The8thLegion likes this.
  8. bogus

bogus Guest

Is it possible, in profile/-page, to have a Social Tab with singles social login buttons in a submenu?

9. duydangle

duydangle Active Member

I have a problem that Login with steam work fine, but the button looks like login with vk...

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Follow the second set of directions, download the png file from the resource and upload it to your styles/social folder.

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

12. Banana Pup

Banana Pup Well-Known Member

Nice job! Thank you.

The8thLegion likes this.
  13. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

The only step missing, although it depends on if you have The TMS pre-made collection or not... Is to un-check the options for adding facebook log-in into the sidebar.

This works wonderful. Thank you :)

And as soon as I can figure out how to turn this into a template; thus not requiring all those edits.... I'll get back here and share.

14. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Maybe im missing something but I just did the version without Steam 1 & 2 and thats it, is that all I need to do? Its still not coming up and I have the other mods installed no problemo.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you have both this mod: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-network-authentication-twitter-google-vk-com.645/

and this mod installed: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/template-modification-system-tms.293/

and it's not working, then I think you might have messed up the string replace in the new directions.

So instead of doing this.

Go to AdminCP/Appearance/Styles/Template Modifications
    Create Template Modification: Social Sidebar Visitor Panel Template: sidebar_visitor_panel
    String Replace this:

Do this.

Go to AdminCP/Appearance/Styles/Templates
    Open Template: sidebar_visitor_panel
    Replace this:

Code:
    <div class="section loginButton">       
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
    With this:

Code:
    <div class="section loginButton">       
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>
    <div align="center">
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link register/facebook, '', 'reg=1'}" class="fbLogin"><span>{xen:phrase login_with_facebook}</span></a></li>
    </xen:if>
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.twitterConsumerKey}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link register/twitter, '', 'reg=1'}" class="twitterLogin"><span>{xen:phrase social_login_with_twitter}</span></a></li>
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.googleAppId}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link register/google, '', 'reg=1'}" class="googleLogin"><span>{xen:phrase social_login_with_google}</span></a></li>

16. Adam Howard

And if you're like myself, have a dislike for Facebook or simply decided to boycott them completely

PHP:
    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}">
    <
    li><a href="{xen:link register/facebook, '', 'reg=1'}" class="fbLogin"><span>{xen:phrase login_with_facebook}</span></a></li>
    </
    xen:if>
    Do not add that part and be sure to remove any Facebook key and secret key you may have in "Facebook Integration" ;)

17. Adam Howard

Hhmmm..... That actually didn't work.... I'm puzzled.

Liam23 likes this.
  18. Adam Howard

I was doing things to needlessly hard way...... All I needed to do was remove the facebook keys in settings and not code

Clearly over thinking things on my end. Pay no attention. :p

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

If you want to use Jake Bunce's Change Login Bar to An Overlay Template edit, then you would have to do it include the edit in the social_sidebar_visitor_panel TMS edit instead of creating a brand new one or it won't work.

20. bogus

bogus Guest

I just reinstalled tthis modification but the Steam Image wont be shown up under Sidebars Login Button.
    I have done all steps now the third time but dont get it working...
    Take a look here. Many thanks