Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Just as a matter of fact, in the one year this add-on has been here, only three people have actually bought a license, and I've given every single one of them a discount. It's mostly the honesty of these people that counts, and it's the honesty of these people that has kept me one or two times from turning this into a paid add-on for everyone.

I'm not gonna hunt anyone down for using this add-on against the license, I don't have the resources for that, so if anyone feels the price is unjustified and feels too much in his right to just use it instead of asking for a discount, then by all means, I'll let them have their will. I just like to remind them, that it'll be on them, should this add-on be turned into a paid one in the future.

If anyone wondered why I introduced this license scheme for my XF2 add-ons in the first instance: Back in XF1, I had all my add-ons published under the MIT license. Only in hindsight I realized, what a mistake that was. People take your work for granted. They'll take it, they'll use it, they'll earn money with it. And not a single one will bother with giving back. So with XF2 I decided for a more radical course of kindly forcing people who earn money through this add-on to give back, so it stays free for everyone who offers his content for free. There's no recurring license, there's no expiry date, there's no copyright notice, there's no access limitation. It's a one-time investment, and you'll do good with it. If that's not worth it to anyone, I can live with that.

That said, I'll keep this add-on free as long as I have the feeling that the people that use it against the license are not gaining the upper hand. I've seen quite a few around, even more who use it rightfully though. And I appreciate all the people that leave reviews and bug reports here.

I would say 90+% of the people who use this addon have either ads, classifieds, google adsense, subscriptions, etc. running on their forums. None of them are paying.
If I were you, I would do the other way around. Turn it to a paid addon and give it for free for non-commercial sites.

I considered that in the past, but it also implies a lot of administrative effort that I'd rather invest into the product than licensing, sales and controlling boards for actually being free.

I understand. You could have just use the Product Manager from Chris or the Dragonbyte one, so all stuff could have been tied to licenses and domains. And non-commercial ones could write you a pm or sth. and get their license extended for 5 years or something. But as you don't have your own site and work for another company, it might be difficult now.
Anyway, this addon is really one of the biggest addons on XF. Thank you.

Just as a matter of fact, in the one year this add-on has been here, only three people have actually bought a license, and I've given every single one of them a discount. It's mostly the honesty of these people that counts, and it's the honesty of these people that has kept me one or two times from turning this into a paid add-on for everyone.

I'm not gonna hunt anyone down for using this add-on against the license, I don't have the resources for that, so if anyone feels the price is unjustified and feels too much in his right to just use it instead of asking for a discount, then by all means, I'll let them have their will. I just like to remind them, that it'll be on them, should this add-on be turned into a paid one in the future.

If anyone wondered why I introduced this license scheme for my XF2 add-ons in the first instance: Back in XF1, I had all my add-ons published under the MIT license. Only in hindsight I realized, what a mistake that was. People take your work for granted. They'll take it, they'll use it, they'll earn money with it. And not a single one will bother with giving back. So with XF2 I decided for a more radical course of kindly forcing people who earn money through this add-on to give back, so it stays free for everyone who offers his content for free. There's no recurring license, there's no expiry date, there's no copyright notice, there's no access limitation. It's a one-time investment, and you'll do good with it. If that's not worth it to anyone, I can live with that.

That said, I'll keep this add-on free as long as I have the feeling that the people that use it against the license are not gaining the upper hand. I've seen quite a few around, even more who use it rightfully though. And I appreciate all the people that leave reviews and bug reports here.
I would recommend an all you can eat subscription model for you add-ons - e.g. 25€/year - creates a lower entry price point than a flat purchase cost of single add-on, but the benefit of multiple add-ons, and you only pay for it if you continue to use it and see value. This also keep a revenue stream for maintaining the add-on. Another XF2 add-on developer is very successful with this model.

It seems I failed at reading the fine print, because I didn't even realize there was a paid option. My board's non-commercial, but I may buy a license anyway, when budget allows. This has been one of the most useful add-ons I've picked up, so it'd be worth it to me to support it.

Suggestions?

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: url
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php:44
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 17, 2018 at 8:19 AM

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(44): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/rolltide/...', 44, Array)
#1 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(272): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->offsetGet('url')
#2 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(49): KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(29): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/View/Forum/Rss.php(83): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('Nick Saban talk...', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): XF\Pub\View\Forum\Rss->renderRss()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Xml.php(74): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Xml->renderView('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Rss), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'rss')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/forum/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I have the undefined index errors fixed for the next update.
Suggestions?

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: url
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php:44
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Aug 17, 2018 at 8:19 AM

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(44): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/rolltide/...', 44, Array)
#1 src/addons/KL/EditorManager/XF/BbCode/Renderer/Html.php(272): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->offsetGet('url')
#2 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(49): KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\Renderer\Html->renderTag(Array, Array)
#3 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(29): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/BbCode/Traverser.php(18): XF\BbCode\Traverser->renderAst(Array, Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/View/Forum/Rss.php(83): XF\BbCode\Traverser->render('Nick Saban talk...', Object(XF\BbCode\Parser), Object(KL\EditorManager\XF\BbCode\RuleSet), Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/AbstractRenderer.php(77): XF\Pub\View\Forum\Rss->renderRss()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Xml.php(74): XF\Mvc\Renderer\AbstractRenderer->renderViewObject('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Xml->renderView('XF:Forum\\Rss', '', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Rss), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'rss')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1879): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/forum/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

The next update is going to include video and audio BB Codes including proxy options to make them usable on SSL secured installations.

Lukas W. updated Editor & BB Code Manager with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Beta 3

Changelog

Important: This is a beta update. Installation on a live site is not recommended and timely updates to fix urgent issues cannot be guaranteed. Use at your own risk.

Please note: You may not upgrade to this version from any Beta or Release Candidate version. Please upgrade your installation to at least 1.0.0 before upgrading to this or any future update.

Please note: Due to the extensive rework, your current...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom