Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
CSS:
.fr-box > span.fr-counter {
    left: 0;
    right: auto;
    display: inline-block;
}

Add that to your extra.less and the counter will be rendered at the left side of the editor.

There's nothing to keep track of the cursor position inside the editor, so nope.

Hi, is it possible to make the character counter transparent so that people can actually see also what they write? Or add an extra line to the editor so that it doesnt overlay with the content? Or some other solution...

Take a look at this pic:

inprogress-png.4782

Thank you.

I finally got this installed, and it seems wonderful, though I'm still testing it out on people. A few things took me time to figure out, so I thought I'd mention them in hopes of making things easier for other folks:
  • I couldn't get things going until I found out that the critical controls are under Content > Editor Manager in the Admin Control Panel, not inside Add-ons > [KL] Editor Manager preferences.
  • Then you have set up permissions before anything happens.
  • It wasn't clear how/what to add under Dropdowns > Icon (in the Editor Toolbar Layout area). It turns out to be the name of a FontAwesome icon - e.g. ellipsis-h
  • It also wasn't clear what "character code" means exactly when adding special characters. Something like & seems to be the correct format. (But   is transformed into a plain space - not sure where that's going wrong.)
One thing isn't working: Selecting some text in a message and trying to use the action-bar Reply pop-up to quote that text* just results in the progress bar animation going non-stop without doing anything.

*Select-to-quote and Multiquote are enabled in Setup > Options > Messages.

Last edited:
I just installed this addon, because I wanted to disable the button for hotlinking images "by url", but it seems that it's only possible to disable the image button as a whole and not only the part "by url".

Is there another solution I could hack into anywhere?

I just installed this addon, because I wanted to disable the button for hotlinking images "by url", but it seems that it's only possible to disable the image button as a whole and not only the part "by url".

Is there another solution I could hack into anywhere?

Is your goal to make all images attachments? If that's the case, you may want to look at AndyB's add-ons: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/convert-attachment-all-paid.138348/ Although not free, you get access to all of his XF2 mods for the one payment.

It's a slightly different approach. Instead of preventing hotlinking, it converts hotlinks to attachments.

It's a slightly different approach. Instead of preventing hotlinking, it converts hotlinks to attachments.
Yepp, I know, I have already installed this addon, but my goal is to prevent hotlinking and that the users has to upload the images from the beginning.
If the user is uploading a copyright protected image, it is his problem, but if he is hotlinking it and the software will do the "copy process" automatically it is maybe in my responsibility.

Short feedback:
I had to deactivate your addon, because I got trouble with using quotes in the editor as long as your addon was active.

@katsulynx could you add
as a self-closing tag?

It's pretty common in some major open-source forum software and converting from them leaves a lot of debris, so to speak.

You can do it without content if you set it up like in the attached file (just import the XML into your custom bb codes section). Still won't get you around the requirements of having to close the tags though.

Attachments

I have millions of posts and messages. Adding a closed hr tag completely breaks things, so I'd have to run an extremely lengthy database conversion.

It's easier to patch the parser. For now I'm putting it into suggestions.

I have millions of posts and messages. Adding a closed hr tag completely breaks things, so I'd have to run an extremely lengthy database conversion.

It's easier to patch the parser. For now I'm putting it into suggestions.

What do the tags on your site currently look like? Although I don't have a site with millions of posts to test on, I've used a query similar to this on one of my sites around 140 times in under 15 minutes, so I wouldn't expect it to be extraordinarily lengthy:

Code:
UPDATE `xf_post` set `message` = replace(message,'[HR]','[HR][/HR]');

This example should replace

(or whatever your current code is)​

with

which is how the HR works on XF2 (with the line break). I'm not sure why it only works with the line break. Before you attempt it, though, someone who knows Regex better than me should probably verify that. I don't know if the way I put it will insert a line break or just add the text '\n' in there.

Edit: Apparently if you set things up as Katsulynx indicates below, the line break is unnecessary, making this slightly more straightforward.

Last edited:
@kbryant414 when setting up the BB code, make sure to check "Display HTML replacement when empty", then it'll work without anything between the opening and closing tag as well and you can safely leave the new line away.

Feature request for when you have time.
It would be nice when the "fullscreen" modus would include the Post Reply and Preview buttons, so one can post a message or preview it without toggling back.

And are there phrases for the special character category names (and the descriptions for the special characters)? I couldn't find those.
Bump.

You want to run this for every place that potentially uses BB codes, such as conversation messages and potentially other places.

Right. I did a search of my database for
and it only popped up in half a dozen places (xf_conversation_message, xf_post, and xf_search_index being the ones with the most hits). Your results may be different from mine, but I do think it should be manageable, especially since it's a one-time fix and not something needing to be done regularly.

Top Bottom