Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
@Lukas W.

In version 2.1.10 having this enabled breaks the admin panel styling. Disabling this addon fixes the issue. Tracked this add-on from the contents of kl_em_app.less in the admin template cache

• XF\CssRenderException: Error rendering template admin:app.less: ParseError: missing opening { in admin:app.less on line 4651, column 1 (on or near line 4651)
  • src/XF/CssRenderException.php:87
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • May 27, 2020 at 4:42 PM
Stack trace
4648 | background-position: center center;
4649 | color: inherit;
4650 | fill: currentColor;
4651| }
4652 |
------------

#0 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(408): XF\CssRenderException::createFromLessException(Object(Less_Exception_Chunk), 'admin:app.less', '// Note that th...')
#1 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(342): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('admin:app.less', '// Note that th...')
#2 src/addons/vw/vw/XF/CssRenderer.php(39): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('admin:app.less', NULL, true)
#3 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(250): vw\vw\XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('admin:app.less', NULL)
#4 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(116): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#6 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 0, 1, '79b18e8537a8789...')
#7 {main}

-------------

Previous Less_Exception_Chunk: ParseError: missing opening { in anonymous-file-18076.less on line 4651, column 1
4649| color: inherit;
4650| fill: currentColor;
4651| }
4652| - src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php:677
#0 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(621): Less_Parser->GetRules(NULL)
#1 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(449): Less_Parser->_parse()
#2 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(404): Less_Parser->parse('// Note that th...')
#3 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(342): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('admin:app.less', '// Note that th...')
#4 src/addons/vw/vw/XF/CssRenderer.php(39): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('admin:app.less', NULL, true)
#5 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(250): vw\vw\XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('admin:app.less', NULL)
#6 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(116): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#7 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#8 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 0, 1, '79b18e8537a8789...')
#9 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(139) "/css.php?css=public%3Anormalize.css%2Cpublic%3Acore.less%2Cadmin%3Aapp.less&s=0&l=1&d=1590594109&k=79b18e8537a8789e68d728c19b8a731f100cd6a0"
["referrer"] => string(34) "site/admin.php"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["css"] => string(52) "public:normalize.css,public:core.less,admin:app.less"
["s"] => string(1) "0"
["l"] => string(1) "1"
["d"] => string(10) "1590594109"
["k"] => string(40) "79b18e8537a8789e68d728c19b8a731f100cd6a0"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Lukas W. might have conflict with this add-on and [TH] Donate.

While having this add-on disabled donate comments work fine & editor box shows:
Annotation 2020-06-09 063730.webp

But once both add-ons are enabled editor box doesn't show and your unable to comment:
Annotation 2020-06-09 063839.webp

How do I override the option to add special characters to custom BB code?
  • Please enter a value using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and _ characters.

Hi
Just wondering if we use this to limit who can use certain bbcodes, when it doesn't work for the user, can the bbcode tags be hidden?

I love to use "hide", but how can i just hide?

hide]lala[/hide

should be seen be nobody, also there should be no info about hidden content.
Then i choose bypass for admin, and admins can see the text.

Why there is no option "do nothing, just hide" for hide?
Now hide is only a shortcut for hidereply or others.

I understand this is nice for faster writing, but then there should be a hide2, hideall, justhide or something?
For me this wouldbe the most important hide to throw hints into the forum that are readable only by the stuff.

Last edited:
No i sit here for more than one hour trying to find a really simple bbcode:

[admin]Very import message to Admin only[/admin]
should be seen by admin and not seen by anonye else.

[meandmyadmin]Another unbelievable important message from me to my admin[/meandmyadmin]
should be seen by the poster and the admin.

[meandmybuddy=Lala|123]Hey, Where is the my gun?[/meandmybuddy]
should be seen by me and the user Lala or the user with user_id 123

Is there really nobody who has done something like this?
You have to make a plugin for this to work, using the "PHP callback" fields on the Custom BB code. Because the only way you're going to limit the display of the data based on usergroup is by using IF conditionals: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements-for-xenforo-2.5795/

And they only work via templates, not the HTML replacement field. I know, I tried it.

Oh, you have my deleted text here. :)
I am just wondering that nobody has solved this or need this, while i really like the idea for small communications between mods or user and mods or user and user.

Oh, you have my deleted text here. :)
I am just wondering that nobody has solved this or need this, while i really like the idea for small communications between mods or user and mods or user and user.

Probably because some of us don't see a need for it. We have other ways to communicate just between user & staff rather than directly on a public thread.

But I understand why you want it. Unfortunately I'm not a Developer, and don't know how to make a plugin.

I just know that you have to do this via a plugin. I downloaded someone's custom bbcode test plugin here, and modified it to work exactly to my needs, so that it pulls from a template I created that uses IF conditional. Unfortunately, I don't even know where that custom bbcode was posted here anymore, so I can't even link you to that.

You could commission someone to make you this officially.

hello,
i am wondering how this addon fits into xen 2.2...

has it been fully replaced? or are some parts of this still useful....i have not quite begun testing yet however this is one of the bigger question marks poking in my head so far...

regards

At least the new Editor can't handle that Bb Codes are limited to some UserGroups That was my main reason for using this AddOn.

Edit: And the Google Font, the Google Fonts!

It would be really good if this will get a 2.2 compatible Version.

Last edited:
@Lukas W.
I'm attempting to add an external google font, but I keep getting this error when trying to save it:
d085639adb6219093c6761b63c56f16c.png

Top Bottom