Easy User Ban 2 by Siropu

Easy User Ban 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (€19.99)
I think the cron entry is re-added every time. You can try creating a new cron entry with the same details but with custom time and assigned under no add-on.

@Siropu, I want to buy it. Does it work with 2.1? Will it work for quickly banning unregistered guests by IP from their front-end post if they spam? Thanks.

We have given unregistered guests posting permissions for more participation. So we really need this to be quickly able to ban from the front-end and prevent misuse of guest posting.

Last edited:
It doesn't work with guests at the moment but I can add it in a future version.

Thanks a lot. Any rough ETA when you will add it, so I would know when to buy it? Really would be very helpful and will make your addon fully featured. And make it work on 2.1 too.

With each license you purchase, you get 10% off for the next one, up to 50%. It applies automatically.

Could you add the option to replace banned users' usernames with a custom username, the way you do with avatars? And remove link to profile from posts? I want to anonymize posts made by one of the banned usergroups, the way guest posts are - generic avatar, generic username, no link to profile.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Don't rename the user, just don't display their username and a link to their profile on their posts, while the ban lasts.

There is a CSS class that you can use to hide the username without an add-on.

.username--banned { display: none; }

Hi @Siropu, great add-on, thanks for making it.

One suggestion: On the member_macros list of links, can the add-on hide (or replace) the "Ban Member" link which is part of XenForo core?

See attached screenshot.

Clicking the "Ban member" link opens the default XenForo ban form, without the pre-defined Ban Reasons and option to Ban IPs. Clicking the "Ban" link at the bottom shows the add-on form. I think it is better to have just a single Ban link which uses your add-on features otherwise it will be confusing for moderators.

The built in XenForo link / form can be disabled by not giving the "Ban users" moderator permission but again, that's not ideal in my opinion. With your add-on installed there should be only one way to manage how moderators ban members.

What do you think?

Attachments

• easy-ban-list.webp
    easy-ban-list.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
I don't know about that. In my opinion that is beyond the purpose of the add-on but if more users are interested in this, I could add it.

Top Bottom