Digital Point Spy

Digital Point Spy 1.3.0

No permission to download
I just installed this but want to remove the tab on the Navigation where it says Spy.
Anyone done that before?

to remove the Spy that is to the far right, you first need to have Debug Mode set to True in your config.php.

ACP -> Development -> Code Event Listeners

Find template_hook under Digital Point Spy and uncheck it.
So I did that and went into the Code Event Listeners, but the template_hook wasn't under the Digital Point area.
So could un check it.
Screen Shot 2557-09-25 at 8.56.55 PM.webp

Quick and dirty:

Templates / spy_index

Add to the very top of template:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

Add to the very bottom of template:

PHP:
<xen:else />
Sorry, you must be a registered member to view the Spy.
</xen:if>

Should be good enough to work for now, maybe we'll get a future option.

What mod to this code would be needed to make it for a User Group? i.e. Only display Spy if you're in a "Premium User Group"?

What mod to this code would be needed to make it for a User Group? i.e. Only display Spy if you're in a "Premium User Group"?

PHP:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, X}">

Where X is the usergroup #.

Note: That will apply to all members in user group X, whether primary or secondary.

Is it possible to tweak this so that reported posts and moderators actions are not reported by Spy? I've seen some mention of this in posts above, but an idiots guide as to how I can do this would be great. Thanks.

I've used this add-on for vb for a couple years and it always worked great. We just moved to XF and spy seems to "hang" often and has to be refreshed. On vb I could leave a window open for days and it would stay updated.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Where would that code be added?

You would put the first line at the top of the spy_index template, and the last line (closing the statement) as the last line in the same template.

For example, let's pretend it is for your premium members group only...

PHP:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $user, X}">

...REST OF TEMPLATE AS IS, HERE...

<xen:else />
Sorry, you must be a premium member to view the spy!

If you had more than maybe 50,000 users watching the page at the same time, it might. But any normal number of users, not by anything measurable.

Top Bottom