Digital Point Spy

Digital Point Spy 1.3.0

No permission to download
O.K., give it a go :p:D;)
lol... Oh sure. :)
Hi

I find this addon very interesting. But I only want to allow my moderators and/or administrators/ specific usergroups to use it. Would you be willing to make a payed customization for this? I am sure others would support this enhancement financially too.

If yes, could you please give me a quote on this per PM?
Sorry, I don't offer any consulting services (just don't have the time unfortunately). But what you are asking would be pretty easy... Just add a check within the controller.

Sorry, I don't offer any consulting services (just don't have the time unfortunately). But what you are asking would be pretty easy... Just add a check within the controller.

Thanks for the quick answer. Unfortunately, I have no clue about programming/coding. I only can copy&paste code on specific places (if s.o. tells me where exactly...). Is somebody out there, who could help here out?

If you open up the "DigitalPointSpy/ControllerPublic/Spy.php" file and change this:

PHP:
	public function actionIndex()
	{
		return $this->responseView('DigitalPointSpy_ViewPublic_Spy_Index', 'spy_index', array());
	}

to this:

PHP:
	{
		$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
		if (!$visitor->get('is_admin') && !$visitor->get('is_moderator'))
		{
			return $this->responseNoPermission();
		}
		return $this->responseView('DigitalPointSpy_ViewPublic_Spy_Index', 'spy_index', array());
	}

That should do it.

It doesn't prevent the link from showing in the member tab, but you could do the same sort of thing to get it to not show to non-mods/admins.

How far back does the mod grab posts from,

I now its supposed to be a live view of what happened but,

some members who havene't logged in for a a day or so still only see the very latest events. is it possible to change from when its starts showing the latest threads /posts etc

I think the vb version showed an hours worth of activity, any way to extend this

Extending to time it keeps logs would only make sense if there are less than 25 actions happening on your forum every hour since it only shows the last 25 at most anyway...

Extending to time it keeps logs would only make sense if there are less than 25 actions happening on your forum every hour since it only shows the last 25 at most anyway...

yeah, its quite a private forum, only 400 members and invite only, there's members from all over the world and sometimes are busier than others and obviously with such a low user base some days are busier than others. So yes sometimes there are less than 25 actions when members log in.

If it is possible to exend the time it would be useful.

is it just a mater of changing the number in the chron or is there more to it than that

I noticed on the demo running at DP that i'm able to see actions like
"reports a post" (with reason)
and "deletes a post" (same)

Is that expected behaviour ? I'm not sure a guest like me should see stuff like that...

I noticed on the demo running at DP that i'm able to see actions like
"reports a post" (with reason)
and "deletes a post" (same)

Is that expected behaviour ? I'm not sure a guest like me should see stuff like that...
That is the expected behaviour, complete transparency.

thank you,

it's a great mod by the way. I'm just trying to integrate it on top o the forum homepage instead of on a separate page. I know this is probably a mod by itself, but i'd appreciate any pointers, hints, etc

I wanted it to
  • show only for registered members - done
  • show only the posts - done
  • respect the forum view permissions - Not sure how to do it. Any suggestions? :(

If you open up the "DigitalPointSpy/ControllerPublic/Spy.php" file and change this:

PHP:
{
}

to this:

PHP:
{
$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
if (!$visitor->get('is_admin') && !$visitor->get('is_moderator'))
{
return $this->responseNoPermission();
}
}

That should do it.

It doesn't prevent the link from showing in the member tab, but you could do the same sort of thing to get it to not show to non-mods/admins.
Can this be included in the addon as a permission toggle for each usergroup?

There's not any plans to make the core of it permissions based (if a user can't view a thread or post, obviously they can't see it on the spy already)... but as far as using the spy in general... no plans for that.

One of the big issues I'm seeing in forums is the lack of respect for spoiler tags. That is, if someone is monitoring Spy, and a spoiler is posted, the tag is ignored and the spoiler is seen... I know spoiler tags are not built within Xenforo, but is there a way to make it so that information within a certain tag (like a spoiler) is not shown in Spy?

Top Bottom