Digital Point Spy

Digital Point Spy 1.3.0

No permission to download
Getting a couple of these recently, any idea what could cause this (from Server Error Log):

Error Info:

Stack Trace:

Request State:
What version of PHP are you using? Some of the older (like PHP 5.2.x) had some issues with UTF-8 data sometimes when trying to encode certain characters.

If you are using PHP >= 5.3.x, try going into the library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php file and change this line:

PHP:
return json_encode($input);

to this:

PHP:
return json_encode(utf8_encode($input));

We are relying on the XenForo JSON encoder function, so the fix for bad data being passed to it may have to come from XF (the above change).

If you are using PHP >= 5.3.x, try going into the library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php file and change this line:

PHP:
return json_encode($input);

to this:

PHP:
return json_encode(utf8_encode($input));

We are relying on the XenForo JSON encoder function, so the fix for bad data being passed to it may have to come from XF (the above change).

Hey,

I finally got around to trying this out, and changing that code renders several things wonky on the site including the shoutbox being completely blank so that won't work. :P

Hey,

I finally got around to trying this out, and changing that code renders several things wonky on the site including the shoutbox being completely blank so that won't work. :p

Are your bugs still exist now?
I have same issue. This bug come from Xenforo.

I think that whatever is going on has to do with the json_encode() function requiring that UTF-8 encoded data is what is passed to it. Unfortunately since I haven't been able to make it happen on my end, it's nearly impossible to try and debug (like maybe if I knew a specific title that it was failing with I could debug it).

Not only that, as far as I know, all data within XenForo should already *be* UTF-8, so not even sure why some other encoding would be passed (or even HOW you could pass non UTF-8 data even if you wanted to).

is it possible to have a "private" Forum-Community, so literally hiding the member-list and also the forum-list ?
But using the "Digital Point Spy" for showing the "Recent Activity" at the homepage only ?

Similar to this:

http://www.mfg.com

Would this make sense for a very small forum with only a few posts?

Many thanks!

I guess if your style didn't link to anything like in the header it would work... although probably not terribly useful for a low traffic site since it self-prunes and any events older than 4 hours are removed from the spy.

Is there an easy way to prevent not registered / not logged in users from using this? I would like to use this as incentive for people to register/log in rather than lurk.

Thanks!

Is there an easy way to prevent not registered / not logged in users from using this? I would like to use this as incentive for people to register/log in rather than lurk.

Thanks!

Quick and dirty:

Templates / spy_index

Add to the very top of template:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

Add to the very bottom of template:

PHP:
<xen:else />
Sorry, you must be a registered member to view the Spy.
</xen:if>

Should be good enough to work for now, maybe we'll get a future option.

Quick and dirty:

Templates / spy_index

Add to the very top of template:

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

Add to the very bottom of template:

PHP:
<xen:else />
Sorry, you must be a registered member to view the Spy.
</xen:if>

Should be good enough to work for now, maybe we'll get a future option.
That worked! Thanks!

Hi there. Members can see others whom report posts. Is there a way to disable this part (the reporting)?

Edit: Figured it out. Edited library/DigitalPointSpy/Listener/LoadClassDAtaWriter.php and manually deleted the reported from the dp_spy table.

Feature request: Allow status / profile posts/comments to be added to it. :D

I can confirm the already reported error about the varchar(25) limit in the action column of the dp_spy table.

While testing moderator essentials from syndol we found out that the DPS addon adds extra text to the action log entry before saving it in its table going over the limit occasionally.

The problem was solved raising the 25 chars limit to an higher value (in my case i set it to 100, you probably need a much lower value to fix the problem).

Hi

I find this addon very interesting. But I only want to allow my moderators and/or administrators/ specific usergroups to use it. Would you be willing to make a payed customization for this? I am sure others would support this enhancement financially too.

If yes, could you please give me a quote on this per PM?

Top Bottom