Digital Point Spy

Digital Point Spy 1.3.0

No permission to download
One of the big issues I'm seeing in forums is the lack of respect for spoiler tags. That is, if someone is monitoring Spy, and a spoiler is posted, the tag is ignored and the spoiler is seen... I know spoiler tags are not built within Xenforo, but is there a way to make it so that information within a certain tag (like a spoiler) is not shown in Spy?
No sorry... there is no such feature in it.

Like for instance, as another member in a forum I frequent points out... Media tags just say [media] and nothing else. Images just show [ img ]. Can't we add [ spoiler ] as a tag that just shows Spoiler instead of the contents within?

Like for instance, as another member in a forum I frequent points out... Media tags just say [media] and nothing else. Images just show [ img ]. Can't we add [ spoiler ] as a tag that just shows Spoiler instead of the contents within?
That's dependent on the spoiler addon itself. It's the BBCode that spits out "text-only" versions of itself when requested.

I believe internally it's the "plainChildren" flag on BBCode stuff. Basically if you want it to show
when plain text rendering is done (like with the Spy), it's up to the addon itself as to what it spits out for plain text. It sounds to me like it doesn't do anything different, but it should.

1.0.5 is still broken in 1.2 Beta 3, in fact it seems to break all the JavaScript, making the site unusable if installed. Uninstalling Spy restores things to normal.

[Edit] Then I reinstalled it, and uninstalled it, and it seemed to break permanently. Not sure if it's at B3 problem or a Spy problem.

Last edited:
This is broken in RC2 as well, though I don't get errors just NO content when visiting the page.

Looking forward to an update to this.

Thanks for the update Shawn. Is there any way to add a "time" (posted x minutes ago...) column to this?

Top Bottom