[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging

[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($17.49)

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging - Allow members to use hash tags in posts and tag users in threads.

Uses
The DragonByte User Tagging mod adds multiple new features to your site, including extending the user mention feature to also work for user groups (auto-complete enabled). It also adds the ability to add Twitter-style hash tags to your posts, with auto-complete for existing hash tags used by other members.

These extra features help increase content discoverability and drive user engagement by offering them new ways of interact with each other and with the rest of...

Read more about this resource...

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Update highlights

This update fixes a couple minor issues from the initial RC1 release. Numeric hash tags (e.g. #4 etc) are no longer allowed, and neither are spaces.

This should reduce the amount of incorrect hash tags being generated 😄

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed an issue where numeric values (such as #4) would be considered valid hash tags
Fix: Fixed an issue where spaces would be allowed in hash tags

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, If I Tagging group or mentions group All user in (Primary user group) Or (Secondary user groups ) Or Both will mentioned ?
Does the user get an alert or email ?

Hi, If I Tagging group or mentions group All user in (Primary user group) Or (Secondary user groups ) Or Both will mentioned ?
Does the user get an alert or email ?
Secondary user groups only, as the Primary group should always be "Registered", which should never be mentionable.

The users will receive the normal alert as they would if they were mentioned by user name :)

Fillip

A quick question just to make sure I'm paying attention....

The 'hashtags' option is it's own separate 'tag' item and is not using XF's stock tags, is that correct?

What I'd be after would be something that would allow a user to use a tag in a post and then have those tags automatically added to the post as a normal XF tag (so that "Have you seen the new #Godzilla movie?" would result in "godzilla" being added as a tag to the post, assuming that the normal XF tag limitations/permissions/etc. passed).

The 'hashtags' option is it's own separate 'tag' item and is not using XF's stock tags, is that correct?
Correct, they function very similar to how Twitter's hash tags work in that regard.

What I'd be after would be something that would allow a user to use a tag in a post and then have those tags automatically added to the post as a normal XF tag (so that "Have you seen the new #Godzilla movie?" would result in "godzilla" being added as a tag to the post, assuming that the normal XF tag limitations/permissions/etc. passed).
That is not currently supported, but I could look into adding an option for that in the future. Would it be possible for you to post this as a Feature Request @ our site in this forum: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forums/dragonbyte-user-tagging.452/ ?

The new resource guidelines have given me a bit of work to do to update our older XF2 mods, so I won't be able to be as "on the ball" with these type of feature requests as I would like to be.

Thanks!

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte User Tagging with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Release Candidate 3

Update highlights

This update fixes an issue where editing content where hash tags are supported would not correctly insert an entry into the "hash tag usage" table, leading to an incorrect error message saying "no usage found".

To resolve this issue for existing posts, you will need to edit each individual post and remove the BBCode, e.g. [HASH=1]#test[/HASH] should be edited to #test and then save the post. That will correctly rebuild the...

1.0.0 Gold

Update highlights

This update fixes an issue with the Change Log in XF2, where installing this mod would only display correctly for this mod (and other mods loading after this), breaking default XF2 change log entries.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed an issue where the user change log for XF itself and other addons would display phrases

Update highlights

This update adds support for the minified JavaScript loading in XF2, meaning that while your site is running in production mode (i.e. not in debug mode), the JavaScript files loaded will be much smaller.
  • core.js has been reduced from 5kb to 3kb
  • editor.js has been reduced from 11kb to 6kb
Support for minified JS for other XF2 products will be rolling out as I update them.

Complete Change Log...

@DragonByte Tech fyi but my free User Mentions Improvements add-on does user group mentions. Would you be willing to ensue these two add-ons don't conflict?

My User Essentials add-on then supports sending user & user group mentions when a post is edited without sending dupes too.

Last edited:
The hashtagging part of this add-on seems hidden away (if only going by the add-on name) and I'd bet more people would be interested in that side of it. Possibly a lot more than the usergroup tagging.

Just a suggestion but it might be worth breaking that feature out into a standalone add-on.

@DragonByte Tech fyi but my free User Mentions Improvements add-on does user group mentions. Would you be willing to ensue these two add-ons don't conflict?
Sure, what do you propose? :)

The hashtagging part of this add-on seems hidden away (if only going by the add-on name) and I'd bet more people would be interested in that side of it. Possibly a lot more than the usergroup tagging.

Just a suggestion but it might be worth breaking that feature out into a standalone add-on.
The addon name was chosen to create an association with our vBulletin product, since it is aimed at the same market (people who were interested in it on vB would likely also be interested in it after switching to XF2) :)

Fillip

Completely agree.

No real interest in tagging members/groups but a decent hashtag addon would be awesome.

No real interest in tagging members/groups but a decent hashtag addon would be awesome.
Well, you're not required to use the members/groups mentioning feature of this mod - in fact, by default I believe it's off for all user groups :)

Is there anything you're missing from this mod in terms of hash tags?

Fillip

Top Bottom