[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
There is, the latest version of this mod will not install on PHP < 5.6.

Fillip

Right now I am working on updating the PHP to newest version and taking note of all the installed add-ons thats when i noticed this issue with this add-on. But unfortunately, its a Catch 22 situation for me... The old version of this add-on won't uninstall and the new add-on won't install until PHP is updated... so the traces of the obsolete code keep on residing in the forum database...

Are there any manual steps to remove the traces of the add-on from the database?

Thank you

Right now I am working on updating the PHP to newest version and taking note of all the installed add-ons thats when i noticed this issue with this add-on. But unfortunately, its a Catch 22 situation for me... The old version of this add-on won't uninstall and the new add-on won't install until PHP is updated... so the traces of the obsolete code keep on residing in the forum database...

Are there any manual steps to remove the traces of the add-on from the database?

Thank you

I didn't even know Xenforo as a whole was compatible with php version 5.3.29

You must be running a much older version of Xenforo 1

I would definitely upgrade. I suggest PHP 7.0 its much better and faster

I didn't even know Xenforo as a whole was compatible with php version 5.3.29

You must be running a much older version of Xenforo 1

I would definitely upgrade. I suggest PHP 7.0 its much better and faster

Yes, did not want to mess with what is working wonderfully fine for me... just like many vBulletin users are still running 3.8.x even after 10 years. But now my Mission is xF 2.x... :giggle:

I've tried installing this last night, and had another crack at it today. I keep getting an error message which kills the forums and ACP. I need to disable listeners to go and disable and get the site working again.

It simply won't even process the install;

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/broncos/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/Model/Shoutbox.php on line 595

1528505387474.webp

This is where line 595 lives.

Code:
// Shorthand
            $settingNameShort = substr($settingName, strlen('dbtech_vbshout_'));

if (in_array($settingNameShort, [
                'enabledesktop'
            ]))
            {
                // Take the true value from this
                $userOptions[$settingNameShort] = ((int)$userInfo['dbtech_vbshout_settings'] & (int)$bit) ? 1 : 0;
            }
            else
            {
                // Auto set
                $userOptions[$settingNameShort] = (!in_array($settingName, array(
                    'dbtech_vbshout_hidealtcolours',
                    'dbtech_vbshout_hideavatars',
                    'dbtech_vbshout_enableoverride',
                    'dbtech_vbshout_disableshoutbox'
                )) ? 1 : 0);
            }
            /
        }

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '/' in /home/broncos/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/ActionAdmin/Notifications.php on line 32

Removed and works again.

@DragonByte Tech I've purchased $100s if not $1,000s of dollars worth of add-ons.
I've never met a developer that denied a refund request, ESPECIALLY a PARTIAL refund request, on software that wont be used when it comes to paying for branding removal within under an hour. The fact you are adamant at keeping even the branding removal on unused software says a LOT about your company. Your sales must be suffering quite horribly if you're not even willing to refund something like branding removal on broken software. 😂

Pathetic.

Highly advise users do not purchase.
Also it amazes me that our PMs were not included in the review response.
Very easy for a website owner to hide the truth. Good job ;). No wonder you conduct business on an external site.

I've never met a developer that denied a refund request, ESPECIALLY a PARTIAL refund request, on software that wont be used when it comes to paying for branding removal within under an hour.
Of course, you didn't ask for a partial refund: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/wanna-buy.23029/#post-116095
Can you reverse the purchase please.

The fact you are adamant at keeping even the branding removal on unused software says a LOT about your company.
This shows you have a misconception about how PayPal's new way of operating. While a claim is in process (even a claim where the customer is lying to PayPal, like yours), money is no longer deducted from the seller's account until the claim is resolved one way or another. If PayPal decides the claim in your favour, the money will be deducted from our account and both the DragonByte Shout license and the Branding Free add-on license will be removed from your account.

As of right now, you still have access to both licenses for this reason.

I trust you wouldn't deliberately omit the fact that you still have access to both the product and the Branding Free add-on in an attempt to make yourself look better, so now you know :)

Also it amazes me that our PMs were not included in the review response.
I wonder if that could be because we have never exchanged PMs? 🤔 You have never messaged us @ this site, and you have never messaged me @ DragonByte-Tech.com:

188962 188965

I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve here.

Very easy for a website owner to hide the truth. Good job ;).
...thanks? 🤨

No wonder you conduct business on an external site.
...you do know that there's no way to actually sell add-ons @ this site, right? Every single add-on developer "conducts business on an external site". If you've bought "hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of add-ons" you would know that.

I'm extremely confused about what exactly you're trying to achieve here.

Fillip

Useless to continue this when I literally PMed you and you’re showing half the story here. I guess screenshots you can easily change around prove your point though 👍

Top Bottom