[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite]

[DBTech] DragonByte Shout [Lite] 7.2.0

No permission to download
Why DragonByte copyright creates another DIV block with same ID "copyright", instead of using the default copyright block? Isn't having two DOM elements with same ID against the spec?

Untitled.webp

Last edited:
Why DragonByte copyright creates another DIV block with same ID "copyright", instead of using the default copyright block?
As far as I could tell, there was no way of inserting additional text into XenForo's default copyright block. The hook existed AFTER that <div>.

XenForo also styles their copyright block based on the ID, not a class, meaning we had to use the ID.

It would be way more computationally expensive to insert into the default block than it would be to add a whole new block.

Isn't having two DOM elements with same ID is against the spec?
Maybe so.

Fillip

Thank you Fillip. Actually I asked because I saw other add-ons insert their copyright inside XF copyright block. But I am not any expert in XF at any level, so may be you are right about being computationally expensive.

Thanks again :).

Thank you Fillip. Actually I asked because I saw other add-ons insert their copyright inside XF copyright block. But I am not any expert in XF at any level, so may be you are right about being computationally expensive.

Thanks again :).
Are there any free mods that do this, so I can check to see how they did it?

When I designed the copyright footer code, I knew even less about XF than I do now, so I may very well be completely wrong here. I'd be happy to be proved wrong :)

Fillip

When I designed the copyright footer code, I knew even less about XF than I do now, so I may very well be completely wrong here. I'd be happy to be proved wrong :)

Fillip

I don't have many add-ons installed right now, but below are two examples.

First one is Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0, which is free.

Second one in a style by PixelExit. Though the snapshot was taken with a paid style, I am pretty much sure they follow the same for free styles as well, like Flat Awesome

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

upload_2017-2-6_9-28-36.webp

Also, can you please tell me if I can remove the "Active Users" Tab, as I show the active user block to the right?

Last edited:

Fillip
I don't have many add-ons installed right now, but below are two examples.

First one is Digital Point Ad Positioning 1.3.0, which is free.

Second one in a style by PixelExit. Though the snapshot was taken with a paid style, I am pretty much sure they follow the same for free styles as well, like Flat Awesome

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

View attachment 147630
I know PixelExit, Digital Point and myself all use the Template Modification System for that hook. I use a simple replacement, while Digital Point (iirc) uses a regular expression and a callback to the code.

Hi, is there any Shoutbox Commands to shout to a particular user (like \whisper)?
/pm Belazor; Hi!

I know PixelExit, Digital Point and myself all use the Template Modification System for that hook. I use a simple replacement, while Digital Point (iirc) uses a regular expression and a callback to the code.
I am switching to using the same Template Modification as DigitalPoint uses, but without a callback. We did some research and it seems like the XenForo community as a whole reacts very strongly (negatively) towards callbacks, so while it would make it slightly easier for administrators to have the BF check happen automatically in the background (like DP's products), we opted against using a callback.

Instead, I have completed an internal rework of the way the branding is added to the product, to coincide with an update to our download generation system that should mean that the "Branding Free Key" system is no longer needed. If you own a Branding Free licence attached to the same site (in our Customer Area) as the product you're downloading, the branding will be stripped from the code automatically.

This change has gone live for all our existing vBulletin modifications. For our XenForo mods, this change will go live with the next wave of updates :)

Fillip

Instead, I have completed an internal rework of the way the branding is added to the product, to coincide with an update to our download generation system that should mean that the "Branding Free Key" system is no longer needed. If you own a Branding Free licence attached to the same site (in our Customer Area) as the product you're downloading, the branding will be stripped from the code automatically.

Pure genius. :)

/pm Belazor; Hi!
That's perfect, thanks.

If I may, I want to suggest two things:

1) Add /pm in the list of Shoutbox Commands
2) The shout target look up does not work for partial username. If it can auto-complete the partial username (like shout text does), it'd be very much helpful.

Top Bottom