[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
I think it's time I share a few Work-In-Progress images of v6.1 :)

Per-item permissions

Per-category permissions

"Custom fields" feature for items‽ Oh my!

Item prefixes

Category list*

New UI for editing lotteries

New UI for editing items **
192840 192841 192842 192843

Main page

Item overview

Check out the checkout!

Gift options during checkout, why not!

Inventory

* The old "Categories" and "Shop" features have been merged into just "Categories". Categories can now be nested and works how categories work everywhere else in XenForo and other addons.

** Items are now assigned to categories in a 1:1 relationship. Old items that exist in multiple Shops (now Categories) will be duplicated during the upgrade process.

And that's all for now :) Everything is, as mentioned previously, a work in progress. Some of the stuff may have been changed since those screenshots were taken (particularly, item editing UI didn't have item configuration support at the time), and some of the stuff hasn't been shown off (inventory management being the main part there).

Off the top of my head, this is the list of things left to do:
  • Inventory
    • Configure
      • Configuration UI for every configurable item type
      • Configuration activation code for every configurable item type such as "Username change"
      • Configuration notification conversations
    • Settings
      • Activation code for every item type that supports toggle-able activation
      • Deactivation code for every item type that supports toggle-able activation
    • Discard
    • Sellback
    • Gift
    • Viewing current configuration when viewing purchase info
      • Requires separate UI for every configurable item type
  • Bank
    • Main page
    • Deposit
    • Withdraw
    • Manual interest collection
  • Steal
    • Main page
    • Steal action
      • "Immunity" item check
    • Steal result
  • Lottery
    • Main page
      • Paginated list of lotteries
    • Lottery overview
    • Buy ticket
  • Trading
    • I don't fully remember everything that this needs to do but it's a complex feature
In short, there's a lot left to do, but please look forward to it!

Excellent, What does when update from old Version and no data loss? I like to have option reply to thread when purchase and thread close option.

What does when update from old Version and no data loss?
There's no ETA, sorry. I don't plan on there being any data loss, but given what a complete overhaul it is, it'd be impossible to guarantee 100%.

Certainly the per-item permissions as they are defined right now will be completely discarded, and will need to be re-configured using the new item permissions system.

If there's anything major, I'll be sure to announce it and add it to the upgrade as a warning screen before the upgrade proceeds.

Reactions: jul
Is it possible to have a user select font size for the post style? In the overview it shows -
  • Allows users to configure font colour and effects to be used on their posts
  • Admins can enable Bold, Italic, Underline, Colour, Glow and Shadow to be configurable by the user when configuring this item
The font size is one feature that we really need on one site and would purchase if it was possible.

Is it possible to have a user select font size for the post style? In the overview it shows -
  • Allows users to configure font colour and effects to be used on their posts
  • Admins can enable Bold, Italic, Underline, Colour, Glow and Shadow to be configurable by the user when configuring this item
The font size is one feature that we really need on one site and would purchase if it was possible.
I’m currently working on the v6.1 upgrade, and I’ve added this to my design notes so I can implement it in that release, as it’s pretty easy to do :)

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

XenForo 2.1 Support

Because my development efforts have shifted towards XenForo 2.1, the upcoming v6.1 update will require XenForo 2.1.

It is unknown whether the current v6.0 branch works on XenForo 2.1. If you are using this mod, please either wait with upgrading to XF 2.1 or try it out on a test board.

Please be advised that it is currently not feasible for me to fix issues with XF 2.1 compatibility in the v6.0 branch, and assistance with any such issues may be limited.

In order to speed up the process at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A few more progress pics? A few more progress pics.

Item configuration improvements
Item types that take a thread ID will be able to work with the thread ID itself, or with a link to the thread. As the description says, any links will be converted to thread IDs when saving, so the next time the item is configured, only the ID will remain.

Purchase View improvements
Not only will you be able to see the full range of properties of the item you've purchased, but the "Configuration" section will be able to show you a parsed view of the values you've entered.

Rich conversation message
The conversation message will also parse the values a user enters when configuring an item, so you will (for example) get a link to the thread if the item type takes a thread ID.

---
There's still a lot more to do before the first preview build can be released, but if I add anything else particularly cool I'll be sure to let you know ;)

Looking good!

Question on Shop,

We have one Xenforo site right now on 1.5 and am starting the process to upgrade to Xenforo 2 with plans to upgrade to 2.1 when stable version is out. We would like to get the Shop and set it up for Xenforo 2 and then upgrading it to Xenforo 2.1 down the road. Just wondering if we purchase the Shop now for Xenforo 2 now is the upgrade to Shop for Xenforo 2.1 included in the price or will it be another purchase for Shop 2.1

Just trying to decide if its better to wait or what to buy.

Looking good!

Question on Shop,

We have one Xenforo site right now on 1.5 and am starting the process to upgrade to Xenforo 2 with plans to upgrade to 2.1 when stable version is out. We would like to get the Shop and set it up for Xenforo 2 and then upgrading it to Xenforo 2.1 down the road. Just wondering if we purchase the Shop now for Xenforo 2 now is the upgrade to Shop for Xenforo 2.1 included in the price or will it be another purchase for Shop 2.1

Just trying to decide if its better to wait or what to buy.
There will not be any additional costs to upgrade to 2.1, but I’m not sure I would recommend installing the existing Shop version unless you specifically want to use the features that won’t be available in the initial Alpha version.

First of all, support is more difficult to provide for an older version.

Secondly, it’s not a guarantee that the upgrade will preserve all configuration for your items. Specifically, I do know that per-item permissions will be discarded as I move to the content permissions system in XF2.

In short, while the initial v6.1 version may be flagged as Alpha, purely due to the missing features, it is likely to be much more stable as a clean install than an upgrade.

That being said, if you do decide to install Shop now and upgrade later, then run into any issues as a result of the upgrade, support will of course be provided :)

Thanks for the info! Did not know that v6.1 was available so just purchased and will play around with it.

Thanks for the info! Did not know that v6.1 was available so just purchased and will play around with it.
It isn't, sorry for the confusion. It's still in testing, I still have a lot of testing to do on the upgrade steps from v6.0 :)

I'm working as hard as I can to bring it out as soon as possible :D

Development update

After a lot of hard work (and a tiny amount of swearing, okay maybe a lot of swearing), the first test update from v6.0 to v6.1 on a real-world actual proper site has been completed 🎉

Unfortunately, what with it being a test board, I can't show it off to the public :P Screenshots wouldn't look different to the progress pics either.

What I learned from the upgrade:
  • You definitely need to disable the Shop add-on before upgrading to XF 2.1 and before upgrading to v6.1.

• All items without an owner may or may not be assigned to the account running the upgrade. I've tried to work around this in the upgrade process.

• Given that the old "Shop" feature will merge into "Categories", your category tree will be a complete mess. Items will be imported into the category that is created from the old "Shop" the item was assigned to. This means all your existing categories will be empty. You should consider whether you want to delete the existing categories, or manually move the new categories to be sub-categories of the old categories.

• If you are currently running DB Credits and DB Shop, the old "DragonByte Shop: X" events in Credits will become non-functional after completing the upgrade, and should be deleted. They will be easy to identify because their phrases will be missing. You will lose transaction history, but no actual points will be lost by deleting those events.

• If you are currently using the "Custom Item" item type, then the upgrade will leave these items with blank entries, like so:
    To fix this, simply edit and save the item, and any blank entries will be removed.

• You may or may not need to rebuild Item and Category permissions manually after upgrade. The way to do this would be to click the "Permissions" link in the Item and Category lists, for any item and category, then click the "Private" checkbox, save, then un-tick that box and save again. I do call for a permissions rebuild, but I'm not sure if these permissions will be rebuilt properly.

I've let the admin team of that site know about the change, and they'll be giving it a bit of testing over the course of today and the rest of the week. Unless some major fires break out somewhere*, I plan to release Alpha 1 of DragonByte Shop v6.1.0 at some point during the week starting tomorrow.

* By "fires" I mean either things actually going wrong, or I spend too much time playing Kingdom Hearts 3 :P

hip hip hooray for dragon byte tech!! you are the new king!!

tank you for all the hard work!! i am excited for new credits add-on and shop add-on!! and happy to be a customer

it is currently the best credits add-on on xenforo!!

Could you add to your notes to add Font Family to the post style item, this way a member can select font color, font size, and font style. I remember older versions of the shop probably for Vb had it.

Thanks

Could you add to your notes to add Font Family to the post style item, this way a member can select font color, font size, and font style. I remember older versions of the shop probably for Vb had it.

Thanks
At the moment, font size isn't configurable in the Post Style items, as the release of XF 2.1 RC1 forced me to expedite my plans. The focus right now is to make sure the initial version is stable, then work on bringing the remainder of the v6.0 features into v6.1 to reach feature parity, then I'll work on extending functionality :)

I've made a note to add both font size and font family I won't forget!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

6.1.0 Alpha 1

Update highlights

Welcome to the first preview version of DragonByte Shop v6.1.0 🎉

Version 6.1.0 represents a complete re-write of the product, making it more deeply integrated with XenForo 2.1, improving performance, and making bugfixes easier.

Before we delve into the (rather staggering amount of) changes, let's get some things out of the way:
  • This version requires XenForo 2.1.0. It will not install on XenForo 2.0.x.

• This version is flagged as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Has anyone posted some great uses that they have done with this add-on?
I'm interested in it, but would love to see some ideas on what websites have "sold"... primarily user upgrades or experience upgrades.

Has anyone posted some great uses that they have done with this add-on?
I'm interested in it, but would love to see some ideas on what websites have "sold"... primarily user upgrades or experience upgrades.

i just bought this add-on several weeks ago, and so far it is alot of fun, it has many features!

i also bought the dbtech store add-on because then i can sell store products,

so far, i have gold, silver, bronze usergroup upgrades , and username change, and more

it's so much fun, i am estimating all my users will enjoy and buy my products as much as i do,

i also think dbtech give me good customer service

here you can see a screenshot of my products

i have to add avatar for my products and many other things, it is so much work

i will add more products , i have many ideas, my current users like earning credits for every action they do

currently i dont have many users, but many users is not important,
i like small community with low users because it is easy to manage
but i have also estimated this will bring more users to my forum because many forums out there are so boring!

i think my forum is unique and everyone like it, also my grandma told me she like it also

i am happy with dbtech credits add-on

Top Bottom