[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.7.0

No permission to buy ($12.45)
We're still really enjoying the shop, thank you Fillip. Unfortunately we've come across a bug:

View attachment 182148

Deleted user's posts get a <div> wrapper around them. With posts that have a lot of [code] tags they become indecipherable.

I'm able to reproduce the issue on a default XF installation with default settings.
Interesting, that may be an issue with the template modifications. Can you try disabling them one by one until you find the culprit?

Fillip

Interesting, that may be an issue with the template modifications. Can you try disabling them one by one until you find the culprit?

Fillip

Post Style was the culprit, and since we don't use any post style items I'll just leave it off :) Thanks for putting me on the path to a fix

@DragonByte Tech I am getting issue with UI.X Pro Material. Shop page are not showing correctly, Also Quantity box are not showing. Only problem with Material style but UI.X style does not have this issue. Also tag to @Ian Hitt @ThemeHouse If there need any compatible update.

Description and Feedback not showing correctly:

ScreenShot00657.webp

Quantity box are not showing:

ScreenShot00655.webp

Issues with custom skins should be brought up with the skin developer first and foremost, I can only guarantee compatibility with the default style.

Fillip

Hey,

I was wondering if it is possible to show a preview of the items. Currently I sell "forum ranks" in the shops which iwill be sold as "Usegroup Change" Item, meaning the user will be added to secondary usergroup.
These usergroups will give the user an userbanner and an username style.

Is there a way to preview this item as rank perks (=> username style & userbanner) in the shop?

Thanks

Hey,

I was wondering if it is possible to show a preview of the items. Currently I sell "forum ranks" in the shops which iwill be sold as "Usegroup Change" Item, meaning the user will be added to secondary usergroup.
These usergroups will give the user an userbanner and an username style.

Is there a way to preview this item as rank perks (=> username style & userbanner) in the shop?

Thanks

Another request linked to this one. Would it be possible to have an item which simply gives a user a different user style without having to add him to another group? It'd avoid creating 100000 groups just to change the appearence of the name (avoiding setting permissions etc).

Not at this time, sorry.

Another request linked to this one. Would it be possible to have an item which simply gives a user a different user style without having to add him to another group? It'd avoid creating 100000 groups just to change the appearence of the name (avoiding setting permissions etc).
User name style and user title style are separate items, yes.

---
Hijacking this post to let everyone know I've started the re-write of this mod that will bring it up to the standards of the rest of the re-written XF2 mods. The goal for the first beta version will be feature parity and fixing some design issues that have been reported here and @ our site, not new features.

There's no ETA at this time.

Fillip

Reactions: jul
DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Hotfix: Interest logging bug

Hey all,

A bug has been discovered which caused the "Interest" cron job to log transaction entries for for all members even if the interest feature was disabled. Depending on the size of your forum, this could cause your xf_dbtech_shop_transactionlog table to grow out of control.

I have patched every available download starting with v6.0.0 onwards, so even if your license has expired you should still be able to download the fix.

The only file changed is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks a lot! Size of table reduced from 2GB to just 6MB!
Oh deary me... Similar on the table I discovered this bug on, 11.3 million rows and 1.1 GB to 39,562 rows and 6.5 MB :p

Normally I would say "I'd like some of whatever I was smoking when I designed the original feature" but I'm reasonably certain whatever it was, it would not be healthy 🤔

Fillip

I have multiple credits on my site and they are achieved using different addons.

Could you consider adding a purchase credits from one column to another? I personally think it would be a great addition :)

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this, can you clarify please?

Fillip
With the shop you can have multiple currencies, but you can't exchange one for another via the shop.

I'm thinking you could have different requirements to achieve each currency and give users the option to purchase one for another.

With the shop you can have multiple currencies, but you can't exchange one for another via the shop.

I'm thinking you could have different requirements to achieve each currency and give users the option to purchase one for another.
That’s a feature of the Credits mod, there’s no plans to bring this to the Shop mod at this time.

Fillip

That’s a feature of the Credits mod, there’s no plans to bring this to the Shop mod at this time.

Fillip

I implore you to reconsider.

I've mentioned before that my users have difficulties with currency exchanges using the "Transfer" option (partly my fault for having so many currencies). Being able to 'buy' another rarer currency with the standard currency users earn is a common request where these two add-ons are concerned. Like microtransactions without real world money involved. If there was an Event set up to work between your two add-ons, it could potentially be configured to work between other add-ons like madness85 was describing.

Although if that's more trouble than it's worth, allowing users doing a transfer from A to B, to see how much of B they will receive from a Transfer event would clear up confusion.

I have seen that you have a credit system but you indicate that it is not compatible with this store.

Which one do I need to buy?

Top Bottom