[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Hi.
Would like to use DBShop to sell attendance to multiple events (real world events, not XF events). Seems like the best XF mod to do so IMHO. Also, you've got lots of great reviews about your support!
Questions I could not find answers to:
  1. Does the buyback function as a sort of refunds mechanism, as in if I cancel an event and have to refund everyone?
  2. Can I, on the back end, easily generate a list, of all the buyers (attendees) to use as an attendance roster?
  3. Is there any way to add a location/map to any product using the custom fields? If not, maybe I can do this in the product thread, right?
  4. Is there any way to tie a product to a calendar thus making the 'product' into an 'event' with date and time? Barring that, can products be sorted by custom field allowing me to enter event date, using reverse ISO yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm, into the custom field and have it sort itself?
I have other questions but they're minor. These are important for my decision.

Thanks so much!!

Okay, so I have two more questions or suggestions.

1.) Not sure if the features is there already, but it would be cool if there was a way for people to purchase points via PayPal or another form to take real life currency.

2.) having it somehow link to a store that sold real merchandise would be cool.

I'm just starting to learn the capabilities of this add-on and it's AMAZING so far. Great work.

Hi.
Would like to use DBShop to sell attendance to multiple events (real world events, not XF events). Seems like the best XF mod to do so IMHO.
Our mod really isn't designed to handle anything RL related (be it cash monies, shipping or events) :(

1. Does the buyback function as a sort of refunds mechanism, as in if I cancel an event and have to refund everyone?
Each user would have to click the Sellback link in their inventory manually, there's no automated system for this at the moment.

2. Can I, on the back end, easily generate a list, of all the buyers (attendees) to use as an attendance roster?
You could search for the item in the AdminCP, though you would need to ensure you had 1 item per event so your results weren't mixed up with previous events.

3. Is there any way to add a location/map to any product using the custom fields? If not, maybe I can do this in the product thread, right?
Custom fields are filled in by the user, not the admin, so you wouldn't be able to use that to add a location, sorry :(

Is there any way to tie a product to a calendar thus making the 'product' into an 'event' with date and time? Barring that, can products be sorted by custom field allowing me to enter event date, using reverse ISO yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm, into the custom field and have it sort itself?
There's no integration with any form of calendar product at this time, sorry :(

1.) Not sure if the features is there already, but it would be cool if there was a way for people to purchase points via PayPal or another form to take real life currency.
At the moment, the best way of doing that would be to use a credits mod like DragonByte Credits, which has this feature :)

2.) having it somehow link to a store that sold real merchandise would be cool.
This mod is explicitly designed to only deal with virtual items, it's not meant as a Classifieds or any other form of marketplace mod.

Fillip

Thanks for the demo. Have been testing it for a few minutes. You have a very nice set of products. They don't work for what I need right now and yet you have all the functionality, spread across various add-ons, to do exactly what I need. I'll keep looking for a more fitting solution but if I don't find one, I'll come back and try to figure out how to possibly use yours' to create an event oriented booking system. The only thing I could not find is how to buy credits with real money. I found how to pay with PayPal for a donation, but not a credit. Did I miss it or is it not possible to buy credits with real world money? Thanks.

The only thing I could not find is how to buy credits with real money. I found how to pay with PayPal for a donation, but not a credit. Did I miss it or is it not possible to buy credits with real world money? Thanks.
You would need to set up a new Purchase event in DB Credits to do that. You should look in both the event trigger settings for the Purchase event trigger, as well as the advanced settings of the Purchase event itself once that's been created :)

Fillip

running php 7.0.6 (with 5.6.21 same issue), using latest credit and shop (pro) versions and getting this error after buying an item:

error.webp

I also have two more questions:

I see that this plugin has the built-in fancy User Title Text option. Which is awesome. However, I would like to use custom classes that are defined in my Extra.css to take the customization any further. How could I achieve this?

Also, I have a group of custom child themes that I have created for my users. What would be a good way to make those purchasable besides having to create a usergroup that has access to those themes and letting users purchase access to the UserGroup.

I see that this plugin has the built-in fancy User Title Text option. Which is awesome. However, I would like to use custom classes that are defined in my Extra.css to take the customization any further. How could I achieve this?
That depends entirely on what you mean by that, it's not enough info for me to really give an answer :(

Also, I have a group of custom child themes that I have created for my users. What would be a good way to make those purchasable besides having to create a usergroup that has access to those themes and letting users purchase access to the UserGroup.
As far as I know, UserGroups are the only way of doing that just now.

Fillip

That depends entirely on what you mean by that, it's not enough info for me to really give an answer

I simply want to use my own css to be able to do more with the pre-defined user name and user title stylings.

For Example: we have the option to add a shadow, add a hex value for color, and add glow, but that's where it stops. So, I figured if there was a way we could at least use a custom css class that we created for the styling, that would give us a lot more flexibility with it.

For Example: we have the option to add a shadow, add a hex value for color, and add glow, but that's where it stops. So, I figured if there was a way we could at least use a custom css class that we created for the styling, that would give us a lot more flexibility with it.
You can add to it the same way you would add to the regular username style :)

Fillip

Hello!

I'd just like to ask why am I getting this server error with shop

EbtVyXa.jpg

Thanks!

Top Bottom