[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
I'm making the assumption that posting a new showcase item is kind of like posting a new thread, or adding a new resource to the XFRM, etc etc.
This is correct.
Can you elaborate on the "display showcase fields for items the user owns"?
Similar to custom fields in the XFRM, Showcase has custom fields. I would like the poster/author/owner of the entry to be able to purchase the right to fill in and display certain fields. For example let say we add a field 'URL' and make that purchasable for $1 for 1 month. So if the author purchase that right then they will see the field and can fill in their website URL. Then their website URL will be visible on the entry until the term of 1 month expires.

Similar to custom fields in the XFRM, Showcase has custom fields. I would like the poster/author/owner of the entry to be able to purchase the right to fill in and display certain fields. For example let say we add a field 'URL' and make that purchasable for $1 for 1 month. So if the author purchase that right then they will see the field and can fill in their website URL. Then their website URL will be visible on the entry until the term of 1 month expires.
Does Showcase have the ability to limit fields by user or user group? If it doesn't, then I will not be able to add this functionality.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Feature: Per-item flag: Auto Discard Expired Items
Feature: Confirmation dialogue boxes for Discard and Sellback actions
Change: Removed the "View Shop Inventory" button when adding items to cart, as it’s superfluous
Change: Error messages now use the correct response type
Change: There’s now a separate "New Gift From <user>" PM for when the gift giver didn’t leave a message
Change: Temporarily hidden a few settings pertaining to features not yet...

Read the rest of this update entry...

a few bug reports and suggestions:
  • in "Lottery Management" page, in list of lotteries, the "Ticket Price" doesn't respect the credit. I mean, our credit doesn't have decimal, but prices below Ticket Price shows .00 at the end of price.
  • yet we don't have "Item Purchased" as phrase.
  • in Inventory and even shop page, below "Buy Back Price" please add "Buy Back Time" and it shows a counter of remaining time like "x days, y hours, z minutes remains". and when finished, it shows "buyback time is passed" or something like this. (and it strike through the Buy back price above it) Now users can't see how much time they have for buy back. if you add this, then will be so clear for them.
  • Please add ability to post comment on items (at least users who purchase or receive the item as gift, be able to post comments in item page to discuss about it) this has lots of usages that if needed, I can explain some of the most important examples. (if you want to add it, please use XF's structure. mean use editor, use edit, delete, like and report and other stuffs, ability to reply to comment => just like what you see in profile posts in xenforo + editor)
  • when visiting the shop with mobile, items are like this: 2016-10-18_12-46-00.webp Info of item is all packed in right side. Isn't it better to float title of info to left and the value to right? 2016-10-18_12-50-48.webp
  • when we give the direct link of a product to someone, they can't see "Purchase" or "Gift" buttons in that page. Please add those buttons to item page.
  • breadcrumb in item page doesn't have any info but it is there. So, please add steps in breadcrumb in item page.
  • Please add sidebar and its blocks (blocks that are used in shop sidebar) in item page.
  • when we create a category for shop and add Description to it, where the descriptions is displayed to users? (please add Description below the category tab or on mouse hover on tab)
  • when we click on an item, a popup comes to show some info, please add Category of item somewhere there.
  • Please add "WishList" feature.
Thanks in advance :)

We can set currency for each item. Its perfect.
We can also set a "Item Buyback Price" for each item. Its perfect too.

But I hope we be able to also choose Currency for Item Buyback Price for each item too.

Why? we have different currencies and just one of them has same name of our real currency and that is widely usable in site (but other currencies has special usages) now we want to set different currency than the currency used to purchased the item, for Item Buyback Price for some items. (it has useful usages and you surely know it. but if needed I can explain our goal to see why we need it in fact)

in "Lottery Management" page, in list of lotteries, the "Ticket Price" doesn't respect the credit. I mean, our credit doesn't have decimal, but prices below Ticket Price shows .00 at the end of price.
Will be fixed for the next version.

yet we don't have "Item Purchased" as phrase.
There are no instances of "Item Purchased" as hard-coded text in the product. You will need to tell me where exactly this is if you believe you're still experiencing this issue.

in Inventory and even shop page, below "Buy Back Price" please add "Buy Back Time" and it shows a counter of remaining time like "x days, y hours, z minutes remains". and when finished, it shows "buyback time is passed" or something like this. (and it strike through the Buy back price above it) Now users can't see how much time they have for buy back. if you add this, then will be so clear for them.
I'll look into this for the next version.

when visiting the shop with mobile, items are like this
I'm using XF's own CSS for this, I don't have control over it.

when we create a category for shop and add Description to it, where the descriptions is displayed to users? (please add Description below the category tab or on mouse hover on tab)
Mouseover isn't mobile-friendly, so this is not something I would be looking at adding at this time. In the future, when the Shop page has been re-designed, the category descriptions will surely display somewhere :)

when we give the direct link of a product to someone, they can't see "Purchase" or "Gift" buttons in that page. Please add those buttons to item page.
That page is not designed to be used as a direct link page. It's the non-overlay version of the overlay popup.

when we click on an item, a popup comes to show some info, please add Category of item somewhere there.
The overlay is already cluttered with a lot of information, I don't really want to add any more information to it at this time.

• Please add ability to post comment on items
  • Please add "WishList" feature.
I feel like these features offer way too little return on the significant time investment it would take to add them to be worth focusing on at the moment. Those would be features to be added much, much later down the line when more pressing features have been added :)

We can set currency for each item. Its perfect.
We can also set a "Item Buyback Price" for each item. Its perfect too.

But I hope we be able to also choose Currency for Item Buyback Price for each item too.
I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to add this for the next version, since it does require changing a lot of sellback code, but I'll see :)

Fillip

There are no instances of "Item Purchased" as hard-coded text in the product. You will need to tell me where exactly this is if you believe you're still experiencing this issue.
when I purchase an item, "Item Purchased" comes from top of screen. I mean that.

I'm using XF's own CSS for this, I don't have control over it.
But it looks a little bad and not neat. You can customize it when XF's codes are bad :D

Mouseover isn't mobile-friendly, so this is not something I would be looking at adding at this time. In the future, when the Shop page has been re-designed, the category descriptions will surely display somewhere :)
Perfect. I really to see a 100% change in Shop Page. I even suggested one way of looking in a few posts above. and I'm ready to talk about it in detail. (but any changes will be appreciated. ;) as we really don't like the way it is now. Even for me as site's admin its a little hard to use it. Now think about members that are not familiar with site yet :confused:)

That page is not designed to be used as a direct link page. It's the non-overlay version of the overlay popup.
So, I hope you add a page for item to be able to be used for direct link. (you surely know how important it is, mostly when you have different shops and categories and items)

I feel like these features offer way too little return on the significant time investment it would take to add them to be worth focusing on at the moment. Those would be features to be added much, much later down the line when more pressing features have been added :)
Thanks. That's right. but also this is a fact that those features are somehow must have for any shop. So I hope one day we see them too, more likely before we start to use shop widely in our site (because if we start, then we will loose lots of comments and discusstions about items until one day this useful feature be added)

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to add this for the next version, since it does require changing a lot of sellback code, but I'll see :)
Thanks a lot :) anyway will be appreciated.

when I purchase an item, "Item Purchased" comes from top of screen. I mean that.
dbtech_shop_items_purchased is the phrase for that, it was added in the latest version :)

So, I hope you add a page for item to be able to be used for direct link. (you surely know how important it is, mostly when you have different shops and categories and items)
When the re-design is completed, we can re-visit this part of the design.

Fillip

Any idea when you will add "User Upgrades" item to DBShop? as previously suggested upon purchase it just upgrades the user the same if a user were to purchase an user upgrade with money.

its been a little while since last requested, can you plaese add it?

Any idea when you will add "User Upgrades" item to DBShop? as previously suggested upon purchase it just upgrades the user the same if a user were to purchase an user upgrade with money.

its been a little while since last requested, can you plaese add it?
Sorry, could you please remind me about the differences between this and the existing "Usergroup Change" item? By using secondary usergroups with that item, when the item expires it will also revert the user group.

Fillip

Sorry, could you please remind me about the differences between this and the existing "Usergroup Change" item? By using secondary usergroups with that item, when the item expires it will also revert the user group.

Fillip
Eh I see what you mean. There's a Item Duration option is that what you're referring to? If so yeah it's pretty much the same thing.

Eh I see what you mean. There's a Item Duration option is that what you're referring to? If so yeah it's pretty much the same thing.
Great, I'm glad to hear that will work for you. I'm still new to XenForo, having never used it as a forum administrator, so I'm not overly familiar with all of the options yet, which is why I wondered whether there was a difference that I wasn't aware of :)

Fillip

please add these usergroup permissions:
  • can use lottery (I know each lottery is permission based, but if the whole lottery system be permission based too, we will have more features specially for adding items to shop)
  • can use trade
  • can steal
Thanks

One more suggestion:
  • Please allow item descriptions to parse html (I assume shop and category descriptions have the same limitation).
I may be able to add that functionality, but do bear in mind that no criteria from custom modifications would appear there.

I'll post back when I've investigated whether this is feasible.
Also, have you had a chance to look into this yet? About the item that can edit custom user fields + a custom user-field based permission on items.

Please allow item descriptions to parse html (I assume shop and category descriptions have the same limitation).
They support BBCode, there won't be HTML support due to security concerns.

Also, have you had a chance to look into this yet? About the item that can edit custom user fields + a custom user-field based permission on items.
Not just yet, sorry :(

Fillip

Thanks! I tried that, but it doesn't seem to be working. Or else my permissions aren't setup properly.

My account's primary usergroup (Registered) has Default Item Permissions: Deny Access set to "Yes". Every other usergroup has this set to default. None of my shop items have item permissions set. They're all set to default. I assumed this mean that none of the items would appear in the shop. However, they all still appear in the shop.
I've been playing with this some more, and I found out that the only way I can only deny access to an item or category is if I explicitly set the permissions to "No" for each primary/secondary usergroup that is associated with a user. It looks like the default permission (which isn't denying access even when I have it configured that way) is overriding even the explicit "No" permission? I had expected it to work like standard xenforo permissions, where the not set/default permission is always overridden by the explicit Yes or No permission.

I've been playing with this some more, and I found out that the only way I can only deny access to an item or category is if I explicitly set the permissions to "No" for each primary/secondary usergroup that is associated with a user. It looks like the default permission (which isn't denying access even when I have it configured that way) is overriding even the explicit "No" permission? I had expected it to work like standard xenforo permissions, where the not set/default permission is always overridden by the explicit Yes or No permission.
I've not finished testing the new default permissions yet, so I can't really comment on that just now. Once we've confirmed those work, then we can look into whether there's still an issue with the Unset/Yes/No system :)

Fillip

Can you add an item that ties into your credits add-on that lets you purchase a set amount of one or more other currencies?

Top Bottom