[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
I always review the add-ons that I use, and @DragonByte Tech knows it. Because I share my experience of using add-on in my review (like what you did in your 4 reviews on this add-on so far :D)
And because I didn't start using it so far, I wait a little more until I use it for a few days. Then surely will share my experience of using it by my review. (As I did with Donate add-on, and I think soon will do with Credit add-on.)

I already rated it a while ago. Plus the site I'm using it on isn't live yet, so I haven't really been able to see it thoroughly in action. I'll be reviewing it more once that changes and I'm working with it more than just initial setup and test cases.
Thank you for your responses! :D I didn't want to be rating consecutively, so just thought I'd ask. I hope you didn't mind :)

One thing we can all agree on, @DragonByte Tech is a reliable and solid developer who listens to our feedback and acts on things quickly and efficiently. I'm sure I've caused Fillip a lot of headaches recently :p but I'm very, very satisfied with the development, add-on and the developer himself.

Thank you to you two as well, because recently as I see in this thread improvements are being suggested and made. We use the shop for a very specific purpose and may not use all of its features, but the add-on is growing due to customers like you who provide valuable input and it also increases the quality of the add-on for other customers (like me).

Thank you very much for the kind words @Divvens, much appreciated :)

Just to let you guys know, I'm currently in the process of moving house so things are very very hectic for me right now (plans having to be accelerated by a full day didn't help :P) so I can't really read and write down suggestions just now as I don't have the mindset for it.

It's very likely that your suggestions made in the past week, and for the next week, will get entirely lost unless they are literally just a couple lines in a template (e.g. "hide buyback information if buyback price is 0"), I do apologise for that :(

I'll try to be on top of bug reports as much as I can until I'm all settled down, at which point I'll ask for a recap of suggestions so I can begin to filter through them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

Fillip

It seems there is some problems with draw date of lottery.

Yesterday (morning) I created a lottery and set its next draw for today. (in front end it wrote next draw Tomorrow 07:00) and today I checked it at 08:00 but no draw was done and in front end it says next draw Today 07:00 (although it was set to 26 oct 2016 and it says 07:00, but the cron in acp for lottery says next run is 27 oct 2016 at 03:30 am) and next to Prev draw is NEVER.

Also a suggestion:
  • please change the date next to "Next Draw" from a simple date to a counter. its a lot better.
  • Please add LIST OF BUYERS for each item, in front end (for example where "Sales Statistics: x Items Sold" is. make "x Items Sold" clickable to see list of buyers). (who will see this list? item owner + anyone who has its usergroup permission)

Last edited:
Suggestion:
  • when an item is about usergroup permission, please make it active by default when a user purchase it (today a permission purchased by a user and we saw the permission wasn't added to his account. after a few playing with it I saw that I should go to its setting and activate it manually.) you may say its not good in some cases. OK, so please add an option to create item form, to let us choose if we want to set the item active by default after purchase or not.
Question:
  • How we can Discard another user's item? (we = site admins => in some cases it will be needed to discard a user's items.)
Bug:
  • I purchased a Gift for A. In A's profile page, in inventory tab, I see "Gift received from Dadparvar" but the {message} doesn't show my message.

It seems there is some problems with draw date of lottery.

Yesterday (morning) I created a lottery and set its next draw for today. (in front end it wrote next draw Tomorrow 07:00) and today I checked it at 08:00 but no draw was done and in front end it says next draw Today 07:00 (although it was set to 26 oct 2016 and it says 07:00, but the cron in acp for lottery says next run is 27 oct 2016 at 03:30 am) and next to Prev draw is NEVER.
If the draw time of the lottery is past the run date of the scheduled task, it'll take up to 24 hours for the draw to complete.

In the future I can look at changing it to an hourly cron job instead of daily.

Fillip

How we can Discard another user's item? (we = site admins => in some cases it will be needed to discard a user's items.)
In the Admin CP, in the shop section go to Inventory Management. There's an option there to search by player and you can see a list of everything in their inventory and a delete option.

a few new error logs:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: languageid - library/DBTech/Shop/Model/Shop.php:909
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 5:33 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shop/Model/Shop.php(909): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/xenforo/d...', 909, Array)
#1 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shop/XenForo/CronEntry/Feedback.php(8): DBTech_Shop_Model_Shop->cronRequestFeedback()
#2 [internal function]: DBTech_Shop_XenForo_CronEntry_Feedback::request(Array)
#3 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999969005585, '')
#6 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999969005585, '', false)
#7 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "http://mysite.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(44) "/user/salman-omidali-com.7885/trophies"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: message - library/DBTech/Shop/Action/Buyitem.php:421
Generated By: Hamed-Azimi, Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shop/Action/Buyitem.php(421): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/xenforo/d...', 421, Array)
#1 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shop/Application/Core.php(333): DBTech_Shop_Action_Buyitem->actionBuyGift()
#2 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/DBTech/Shop/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Shop.php(38): DBTech_Shop_Application_Core->runAction()
#3 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DBTech_Shop_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Shop->actionIndex()
#4 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/xenforo/domains/mysite.com/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(213) "http://mysite.com/shop/%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%AF%D9%87-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%85-%DA%AF%D9%81%D8%AA%DA%AF%D9%88-%DA%86%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%DA%A9%D8%B3.10/buyitem?action=buy-gift"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["action"] => string(8) "buy-gift"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(12) {
    ["recipient"] => string(9) "Dadparvar"
    ["message"] => string(27) "دسترسی مدیریتی"
    ["itemid"] => string(2) "10"
    ["shopid"] => string(1) "3"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["purchase"] => string(8) "خرید"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(160) "/shop/%D9%81%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%B4%DA%AF%D8%A7%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%85%DA%A9%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A8-%DA%A9%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%B1%DB%8C.3/shop"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["do"] => string(7) "buyitem"
    ["id"] => int(10)
  }
}

Are there any php callbacks for when you give a user an item from the Inventory Management in the admin cp?

I have some items with post-purchase php callbacks, but those don't activate in this situation. I tried the gift php callback as well, but that doesn't seem to trigger either.

Please let us set more than 5 permissions in items that are for usergroup permission type.

We have some items that will give 7 or 8 permissions to user and we can't split them to multiple items. (I also have some items in my list that want to create that will give 15 permissions and can't be splitted to multiple items)

(be able to add as many permission as we need would be awesome. )

Last edited:
Please add:
  • after each Draw in lottery, even if the ticket buyers don't win, send them a conversation containing "Draw Results".

when I gift an exclusive item to user that already has it, the error says "Already Owned / In Cart". Its not clear. Please change it to a clear error (me as admin of site may know what it means, but users that are purchasing and gifting won't understand it)

Hey @Dadparvar, on your installation when user A gifts an item to user B, does it activate automatically for user B? I'm trying to make sure that this isn't exclusive to our installation.

Any item such as UN color/usergroup change doesn't activate automatically [now, after 4.8.0 update], the receiving user has to activate it by going to shop -> inventory -> settings (on that item).

Top Bottom