[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Nope, I mean purchasing with the virtual currency.

I have three currencies currently; credits, xp, and skill points. I'd like to be able to create an item that is purchasable with credits, and that gives the member a set amount of xp and skill points.

I have three currencies currently; credits, xp, and skill points. I'd like to be able to create an item that is purchasable with credits, and that gives the member a set amount of xp and skill points.
This is also a feature in the Credits mod, you can use the Transfer event for this :)

You are able to set exchange rates using a single event as baseline, see this post for more information: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-credits-paid.112884/page-20#post-1106366

Fillip

Transfer isn't really what I was looking for either, especially since I wouldn't want people to freely exchange currencies.

I'd basically like the ability to make a package of currencies for sale. An item in the shop that, once purchased/gifted, gives the user one or multiple currencies all in one go. So if somebody buys the "New Character" item that lets them create a new character in my game, that then gives them 20xp and 10 skill points (my currencies) to create that character with.

Item packs in general would be great to see. Where you can sell multiple items and/or currencies together in a pack with its own pricing and permissions.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Feature: New, improved design! Sidebar navigation, direct links to shops, improved navigation on the item list
Feature: Separate Buyback Currency
Change: "View Shop Feedback" list has been redesigned
Change: "Trade Offer" page has been redesigned
Change: "Purchase As Gift" has a redesigned purchase flow that aims to improve reliability for items with expiry dates
Fix: Lottery Management page now uses currency formatting
Fix: The Auto Discard...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech wonderful update, the add-on just keeps improving and there's no end to it! Keep up the great work!

One issue with the update, even if a message is input while gifting the non-message conversation is sent (message is not shown in PM even if written by user).

any of you wish to rate this wonderful add-on?
I always review the add-ons that I use, and @DragonByte Tech knows it. Because I share my experience of using add-on in my review (like what you did in your 4 reviews on this add-on so far :D)
And because I didn't start using it so far, I wait a little more until I use it for a few days. Then surely will share my experience of using it by my review. (As I did with Donate add-on, and I think soon will do with Credit add-on.)

Last edited:
Great Update, specially about the new design.

A few suggestions:
  • Please make the sidebar a little wider. (you will see the reason below)
  • Please apply this change to "Your Wallet" block in sidebar.
  • when someone modify a trade and save it, please add a reload (its a little confusing specially when a party offers an item. the inline moderator box is still open and party thinks that something went wrong. Just a simple reload and unchecking the item can make it clear enough for now)
  • when parties want to accept and finalize the trade, a popup comes and ask them to see if they are sure or not. In that popup, please add a content below that text with this content, each in one line: 1. you will give xxxxxx 2. you will get yyyyyyy (this makes it a lot clear)
  • in a shop, next to each item, you see its price. when you don't have that amount of credit in your wallet from that currency, it shows "Insufficient Funds" next to price. Please add a [Purchase x] next to "Insufficient Funds" (x = name of the currency that is needed to purchase that item. of course this is a feature that will be displayed for those who also have your Credit add-on, and added Purchase event. like us.)
Bugs:
  • In Offer page, it shows Items below currency part and Currencies below item part (see screenshot)
  • A started a trade with B.
    • A offered his item.
    • B offered 433 credit.
    • both accepted and trade completed:
      • Item transfered to B (its ok)
      • 443 credit added to A's wallet. (its ok)
      • Nothing is decreased from B's wallet (!! you know what is weird? when I check Transactions page, I see that 433 was decreased from B's wallet's credit for a few seconds (by checking his other transaction in that page and changing of his credit in each transaction) but after a few seconds it seems that 433 is backed to his wallet.)
    • to be sure I did one more trade and the same thing happened.

Attachments

• 2016-10-25_11-55-12.webp
    2016-10-25_11-55-12.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 8
about:
Feature: Separate Buyback Currency
There are some bugs:
  • I set the item price to 5 and its currency to C2.
  • I set the item buyback price to 100 and its currency to C1.
  • But the result of buyback price in front end was "5 C2" and in acp was "5 C1" .

@Dadparvar @Gossamer any of you wish to rate this wonderful add-on? :) I want to rate this version but I don't want to be the third consecutive rating.
I already rated it a while ago. Plus the site I'm using it on isn't live yet, so I haven't really been able to see it thoroughly in action. I'll be reviewing it more once that changes and I'm working with it more than just initial setup and test cases.

Hotfixed the buyback currency display as well. You'll need to re-download, re-upload the files and re-import the XML file.
Doesn't work yet. Still it doesn't accept new currency for buyback (maybe because the number of new currency for buyback price is higher than the number of price for purchase currency? Becuase it even change the 100 to 5 => 5 is the price of purchase and 100 is the price of buyback)

A few more suggestions:
  • Add Top Items block (both in main page of shop to show top items of the whole shop system, and in each shop individually to show top items of that individual shop)
  • Add Top Shops block
  • add Featured Shop and Featured Items fundtionality and the way they will be displayed will be something like the way how Featured Resources are displayed (or better way if you have ;))

Doesn't work yet. Still it doesn't accept new currency for buyback (maybe because the number of new currency for buyback price is higher than the number of price for purchase currency? Becuase it even change the 100 to 5 => 5 is the price of purchase and 100 is the price of buyback)
Ah I see, it's currently intended that the buyback price cannot be higher than the sell price. I'll look into that for a future version.

Fillip

When buying a lottery ticket:
  • Prize info is in wrong position. I added 3 <br> and it went to its right place. But by default its on wrong place. (it seems its ok in firefox and it is just in chrome, but again in firefox the last number is in second line)
  • Prize's title is displayed, but prize's description is not there (please add each prize's description below its title in buy ticket popup) also when clicking on lottery name, a popup comes. also please add it there.

Attachments

• 2016-10-25_20-36-36.webp
    2016-10-25_20-36-36.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
  • When a group is banned from a lottery (now next to the price it shows nothing. it just hides the buy ticket button), next to ticket price please add "No Permission". see screenshot. (otherwise users will start asking us why they don't see buy button in some lotteries.)

Attachments

• 2016-10-25_20-49-49.webp
    2016-10-25_20-49-49.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 5
  • In lottery, when a user doesn't have enough credit to buy a ticket, please add "Insufficient Funds" next to price. (just like this. or better like 5th suggestion here.)

Top Bottom