[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Also, can you please show me what's on line 143 of that file for you? The line numbers are different for me, and I'm unable to replicate that issue.
I see this:

upload_2016-4-17_22-13-49.webp

Line 143:
Code:
      $this->set('blacklist', !empty($this->_getDb()->fetchRow('SHOW COLUMNS FROM ' . $tableName . ' LIKE ?', [$this->get('column')])));

Dang. Well as soon as it does, you got a sale on both this and the credits addon :)

I'd love to see this as well, so +1 for me on this.

Just purchased and installed the mod, and I have a couple of questions/suggestions.

1. Is it possible to turn off the cart? If possible, I'd like a one-click buy option (maybe with just a confirmation) since I have a fairly simple shop in mind.

2. Is it possible to create a usable permission item? Where the purchaser has to "use" it (and thus discard it) get the effect permanently applied to their account?

3. Can permission value items be incremental? For example, with a value of +1 or +2 to raise the user's current permission value by 1 or 2.

I have a roleplay site, and one of the things I'd like to use this for if possible is allow people to purchase an additional character slot from the site shop. I'm using the ThemeHouse subaccounts mod, which has a maximum subaccounts permission. I setup a permission item to change that value, but it doesn't look like it can increment it right now.

I'm also looking for #2 and #3, so I'd love to see these implemented one day, too. Fingers crossed! For #2, I saw you implement something similar, but how does it work? Do users actually click on the item and then choose to use it, and the effect is then applied to their account?

Are you dealing with primary or secondary usergroups? Can you please give me more details as to the configuration of your items so I can test this?
Secondary usergroups. The usergroups were created and the only thing changed about them was assigning them a user banner, by filling out the text and choosing a style (custom CSS in this case).

They are set up in the store as 'Add' for a Secondary Usergroup, and otherwise seem to just use the defaults, like not being giftable.

Could you please provide more information? This is not an issue we are able to replicate on the demo site nor on a live forum that runs a lottery as we speak.
This error comes up when I go to purchase a ticket:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'forums.xf_dbtech_shop_lotteryticket' doesn't exist

I'd love to see this as well, so +1 for me on this.
I'll add it to the list, I'll most likely re-visit it after I've implemented the Shop Feedback function :)

For #2, I saw you implement something similar, but how does it work? Do users actually click on the item and then choose to use it, and the effect is then applied to their account?
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to, could you clarify please?

This means you have not uploaded the latest files to your site, could you please drag and drop the files from the upload folder in the Beta 12 down to your FTP server and allow overwrites?

PHP Version 5.4.41
Could you please try upgrading to PHP 5.6 and see if this resolves it for you? PHP 5.4 is no longer supported by The PHP Group so you are putting your server at risk by running such an out of date version.

Secondary usergroups. The usergroups were created and the only thing changed about them was assigning them a user banner, by filling out the text and choosing a style (custom CSS in this case).

They are set up in the store as 'Add' for a Secondary Usergroup, and otherwise seem to just use the defaults, like not being giftable.
I'll test this further, I do recall noticing the "activate" method not being called for multi-purchases but I resolved this a few versions ago. Are you sure you're on the latest version?

This error comes up when I go to purchase a ticket:
After checking the installers it would seem as if the version where I changed the installer structure, I accidentally left out that table. I'll get it added to the next version, in the meanwhile you can run this query to resolve it right away:
Code:
                CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_dbtech_shop_lotteryticket` (
                    `lotteryticketid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    `lotteryid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `lotterydraw` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    `numbers` mediumblob,
                    `prizeid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
                    PRIMARY KEY (`lotteryticketid`),
                    KEY `lotteryid` (`lotteryid`,`userid`),
                    KEY `lotteryid_2` (`lotteryid`,`lotterydraw`)
                ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Fillip

By the way, while I have you guys here:

Are you happy with the way the items are displayed in the shop list just now, or would you prefer a list-based design like the new transaction log in DragonByte Credits?

vlsrmlx-png.132387

Let me know your thoughts :)

Fillip

This means you have not uploaded the latest files to your site, could you please drag and drop the files from the upload folder in the Beta 12 down to your FTP server and allow overwrites?
I uninstalled and installed the addon and it appears the option.

Could you please try upgrading to PHP 5.6 and see if this resolves it for you? PHP 5.4 is no longer supported by The PHP Group so you are putting your server at risk by running such an out of date version.

I'll have to upgrade PHP, still not letting me change.

I'll have to upgrade PHP, still not letting me change.
I did a bit of digging and I came up with a potential fix, although I would still strongly recommend you upgrade PHP and keep it up to date with the latest version of PHP 5.6, at least until XenForo officially supports PHP 7.

Doing so will mean your server will remain secure and running at optimal speed :)

Fillip

By the way, while I have you guys here:

Are you happy with the way the items are displayed in the shop list just now, or would you prefer a list-based design like the new transaction log in DragonByte Credits?

vlsrmlx-png.132387

Let me know your thoughts :)

Fillip
List Design

I'll add it to the list, I'll most likely re-visit it after I've implemented the Shop Feedback function :)

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're referring to, could you clarify please?

Fillip

For this, I think you implemented a feature like what I'm describing was included with the "invisible flag" on an item. I think that's what makes it so that users can "use" an item and then discard it?

For this, I think you implemented a feature like what I'm describing was included with the "invisible flag" on an item. I think that's what makes it so that users can "use" an item and then discard it?
Ahh I see, but no it doesn't. The "invisible" or Stealth Item flag is an item that does not appear in their inventories after they buy them.

To the user, it's as if the item has been "used", but the user doesn't discard the item as they can't see it :)

Fillip

Hi, I just purchased this add on from your site, and wanted to make sure that I went to the correct place. I noticed that a lot of your products have vb in front of them. Will those work for xenforo?

Additionally, I had a problem with the initial install where users with IPv6 addresses couldn't post - because it was trying to log their IP address to the transaction log (for the per post/thread bonus) and then not having the space for it. I expanded the size of that manually in the database, and it seemed to fix the problem.
I've looked this up and according to StackOverflow, VARBINARY(16) should be enough.

Could you please elaborate on why this is wrong?

Hi, I just purchased this add on from your site, and wanted to make sure that I went to the correct place. I noticed that a lot of your products have vb in front of them. Will those work for xenforo?
Hi Beth,

No, only the products found here @ XenForo in our Resources list, or @ our site under the "XenForo" category will work on XenForo.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

4.0.0 Beta 13

New Features:

Item Type: Profile Music
  • Members can buy the ability to have a MP3 of their choice playing on their profile
  • Uses externally hosted MP3 files, user is responsible for hosting their own MP3s
  • Uses HTML5 player
  • Supports Autoplay (global forum setting)

Item Type: Sticky Thread
  • Members can buy the ability to sticky a thread
  • Can be optionally configured to only allow them to sticky their own threads

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm looking to create an item in the shop that allows users to post threads in a forum that they otherwise wouldn't be able to post to.

I want all users to be able to view and reply to threads within the forum, but only able to create new threads if they buy the item.

Is this possible? Been looking through all of the options and I can't seem to find such an option.

Thanks!

I'm looking to create an item in the shop that allows users to post threads in a forum that they otherwise wouldn't be able to post to.

I want all users to be able to view and reply to threads within the forum, but only able to create new threads if they buy the item.

Is this possible? Been looking through all of the options and I can't seem to find such an option.

Thanks!
Hi there,

At this particular point in time, you will need to create a new secondary usergroup that has the required permissions, and then sell an item that adds this to their accounts. We may create a simpler Forum Permission item in the future though :)

Fillip

Would you ever consider an item that works like a trade? So you'd need item "x" in order to buy item "y"?

Top Bottom