[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.6.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Hi,

I have a quick question. If I purchase the $24.95 option and find that I can't live without the addon, can I then get the yearly option for the price difference or would I have to make a separate purchase. Thanks in advance.

@DragonByte Tech I need help with Styling for the Digest... I take it you didn't set it to use html for a reason but I am trying to modify the Digest and if I leave any spaces it squeezes everything together....

The actual Forums Digest part works fine it's just adding anything to the Digest post box that is the issue.

Like for instance I wanted to post links to our Social Media at the bottom of a few paragraphs and when I test it they all bunch together... Even if we cannot use HTML would be nice if we could embed our Social Media links in the bottom of the Mails... I wanted to include our Discord server too but like I said everything bunches together...

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

Resource Guidelines Update

What is happening?
On the 11th of July 2018, XenForo published their Resource Guidelines aimed at ensuring performance & stability of XenForo modifications. At the moment, this product does not meet these standards, due to the fact that this product has been engineered to allow the core code to run on both XenForo 1 and XenForo 2.

As a result, I am beginning work on re-engineering this product to become a "native"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

What about resending unchecked email alerts after x days?

Are there points where we can insert ads with ads manager for example?

Neither of those things are possible at this time, sorry. Email tracking is not feasible for delivering to customers who use Gmail, as Google actively blocks these trackers by downloading the tracking code when the email is received, and does not serve the original tracking code, thus eliminating the tracking.

Fillip

Until they add a place for Ads one possibility to look into is you can modify the dbtech_mail_newsletter to modify just search under your style then choose for Template type located /admin.php?templates/search
Untitled.webp

Neither of those things are possible at this time, sorry. Email tracking is not feasible for delivering to customers who use Gmail, as Google actively blocks these trackers by downloading the tracking code when the email is received, and does not serve the original tracking code, thus eliminating the tracking.

Fillip

I know Google would inspect the email first and cause the pixel to find their IP address. But I did not know they would also strip out link tracking code. IIRC, there was a solution to this also but I can't remember.

So they remove it entirely or replace it with the final hop? I've used a lot of tracking links in the past but this is a couple years ago.

As far as email ads, what makes this not possible currently? I suppose I don't see why not if custom HTML can be used, why not provide a spot near the default html template for an ad?

I know Google would inspect the email first and cause the pixel to find their IP address. But I did not know they would also strip out link tracking code. IIRC, there was a solution to this also but I can't remember.
That is what I mean by blocking the trackers. Google will download images (what tracking codes are; 1x1 transparent images) so when the end user opens the email they will not trigger the tracking.

I'm not sure I see the point of implementing functionality that's going to be 100% useless for a large percentage of users.

As far as email ads, what makes this not possible currently? I suppose I don't see why not if custom HTML can be used, why not provide a spot near the default html template for an ad?
It's not possible because there isn't an ad location in the email template at the moment, and I don't know if email templates support ad locations.

Fillip

That is what I mean by blocking the trackers. Google will download images (what tracking codes are; 1x1 transparent images) so when the end user opens the email they will not trigger the tracking.

I'm not sure I see the point of implementing functionality that's going to be 100% useless for a large percentage of users.

It's not possible because there isn't an ad location in the email template at the moment, and I don't know if email templates support ad locations.

Fillip

I didn't expect the pixel tracking to work, but you'd be surprised as it is indeed an indicator. I worked in the bulk emailing industry and its one of the most common mail delivery indicators. When this figure drops you can detect issues even if it's not completely accurate at detecting open rate.

Also, link tracking is different than pixel trscking. When you send out the email, you send: mysite.com/track.php?messageid=12345&campaign=78910

Then once clicked you can associate that click to a particular email alert, and forward the user to the actual destination. This is a common link tracking feature.

This is how you know who has clicked or not.

I didn't expect the pixel tracking to work, but you'd be surprised as it is indeed an indicator. I worked in the bulk emailing industry and its one of the most common mail delivery indicators. When this figure drops you can detect issues even if it's not completely accurate at detecting open rate.

Also, link tracking is different than pixel trscking. When you send out the email, you send: mysite.com/track.php?messageid=12345&campaign=78910

Then once clicked you can associate that click to a particular email alert, and forward the user to the actual destination. This is a common link tracking feature.

This is how you know who has clicked or not.
Sure, but that's also not what you were talking about in your original feature request :)

Clicked links wouldn't be a good indicator on whether an email has been checked, if mailing lists started resending me emails until I clicked on a link the only link I'd click would be "Unsubscribe" :P

Fillip

Another thing you may consider is to tap into blacklist scanning. You can query the server ip and domain against several email black lists at multirbl and see ip senderscore at returnpath.

Lastly, there is also seed accounts. You setup a dummy account at gmail Yahoo outlook etc. And when mail doesn't arrive you know you have a delivery issue.

Perhaps some of these are too complex but I'm just feeding you ideas since this seems to be the best mailing add-on so far.

Sure, but that's also not what you were talking about in your original feature request :)

Clicked links wouldn't be a good indicator on whether an email has been checked, if mailing lists started resending me emails until I clicked on a link the only link I'd click would be "Unsubscribe" :p

Fillip
It doesn't need to repeatedly ask someone to click. But after X days if they don't come back, it may be worth testing. Shopping carts frequently do this.

The reason I thought of this is because my site was stuck in maintenance mode all day due to a backup hiccup. I wanted a way to keep the momentum going by reminding those people who tried to check an email alert but they were presented with the forum inactive message.

4.1.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

We're happy to bring you the first Beta version of our third major rewritten XenForo 2 only mod: DragonByte Mail! 🎉

Before we delve into the changes:
  • This is a Beta version, with sweeping database changes. Do not install this on a production forum without a backup that you can revert to in case something goes wrong. But please help us test it!
  • This version will not run on XenForo 1. Going forward, the focus of...

4.1.0 Beta 2

Update highlights

This update fixes various issues reported in Beta 1.

Most importantly, issues that would prevent a new mailing list from being added as well as issues with the "rebuild default subscribed" and "Mass unsubscribe" maintenance actions have been resolved.

If you want the full details on the v4.1.0 release, you can check it out here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-mail.342/release/1731/

Complete Change Log...

4.1.0 Beta 3

Update highlights

This update fixes various issues reported in Beta 2.

The digest "introduction" field would not actually allow HTML in the final email as intended, and the "excluded forums" setting would appear to not save due to a display issue.

Lastly, a missing phrase in the "user change log" for the inactivity reminder email preference has been added.

If you want the full details on the v4.1.0 release, you can check it out here...

Found a issue in the digest,

Default digest frequency : Weekly
All users receive a digest email daily.
It does not update existing users, because it is impossible to determine whether the user has changed their delivery preferences or if they're using the default.

That being said, I do see there's an issue in which changing the default does not change the default for new users. I will change this for the next version.

Fillip

Top Bottom