[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
This suggestion is one of the top suggestions for XF:
And for good reason because its a very powerful way to get your members back to your site if you have a significant member base.

But there is no such addon for XF2. It seems this would fit this addon nicely.
I agree, that would fit this addon given that it currently includes inactive reminders :)

Would you mind reposting this over @ our site here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/forums/dragonbyte-mail.413/ as a Feature Request? That way it won't get lost in the annals of time here :)

It's not something I can add right now as I'm currently busy with other updates and XF 2.1 compatibility updates, but it's something I want to add!

When Validate email addresses then Does Bounce email user are getting message about update there email address?
Not unless that's a default XenForo feature. I'm sure you could set up your own notice by checking for users who have "Email invalid (bounced)" as their status.

Email verification log View are not showing correctly. When click to View then the out of admin CP template.

Hi,

Im am currently using XF1.5x and will probably switch at least with some of my forums this year to XF2.x

This addon sounds promising. A few questions to get the facts straight fo me, since I would use both version (XF1.5 and XF2)

1. I assume that this addon for XF2.x has at least the same features as for XF1.5x. Is there anything addititionally that the XF2 version is capable of?

2. Is the unsubscribe link in your addon, bounced emails etc. all synced with the XF forum?

3. Can the same code for username etc. be used in your addon like in the XF1.5x core to get it more personal?

4. In Germany, we do not only have to have an unsubscribe link in each email, we also have to have a link to the "Impressum" (legal notice). Is this possible with your addon (XF1.5 and XF2)?

5. As Alfa1 said, a birthday email would be great like the XF1.5 addon "XenFacil Birthday Greetings"

6. For me and I assume for all others who do not want to get blacklisted, it would be very important to have the ability to throttle the amount of emails sent out within a specific time (i.e. per 10 minutes or per hour). Many email provider mark the email as spam, if too many emails arrive to the same email provider within x-minutes.

I would therefore strongly support the suggestion to implement this kind of feature in both XF2 and XF 1.5x version. IMHO this is probably the biggest reason why people use mailchimp etc. So a big sale-opportunity for an addon like this ;)

1. I assume that this addon for XF2.x has at least the same features as for XF1.5x. Is there anything addititionally that the XF2 version is capable of?
Anything from this update: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-mail.5867/updates#resource-update-28008 onwards does not exist in the XF1 version :)

2. Is the unsubscribe link in your addon, bounced emails etc. all synced with the XF forum?
The XF2 version uses XF2's EmailStop system, so yes.

3. Can the same code for username etc. be used in your addon like in the XF1.5x core to get it more personal?
There are replacement variables available, and there is definitely one for user name :)

4. In Germany, we do not only have to have an unsubscribe link in each email, we also have to have a link to the "Impressum" (legal notice). Is this possible with your addon (XF1.5 and XF2)?
You would need to add that manually to the mailing list emails you send out. For the Digest, you can add it to the introduction text.

I would therefore strongly support the suggestion to implement this kind of feature in both XF2 and XF 1.5x version.
There won't be any future feature updates to the XF 1.5 version, as I need to focus on the 2.x branch. Sorry.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

XenForo 2.1 Support

Because I will be taking advantage of features that only exist in XenForo 2.1, the next version will require XenForo 2.1.

In the meantime, I will release a "Gold" version of the current beta or RC version. This "Gold" version should work fine with XenForo 2.1. There are no known blocking issues with the planned "Gold" version of this mod preventing it from running on XenForo 2.1.

Read the rest of this update entry...

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

4.1.0 Gold

Update highlights

After a lengthy Beta period, this product has gone Gold 🎉

This version contains no changes from the previous version. Future updates will require XenForo 2.1.

If you want the full details on the v4.1.0 release, you can check it out here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-mail.342/release/1731/

Complete Change Log

No changes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech
So, If I understand correctly, this last version (version 4.1.0 Gold) is working OK with latest xenforo 2.0.12?
And after update xenforo to 2.1 version, still will be working.
Future releases of this addon will be upgradeable only if xf 2.1 is installed?

Why is this last release (4.1.0) is marked unstable on your website on download page?

So, If I understand correctly, this last version (version 4.1.0 Gold) is working OK with latest xenforo 2.0.12?
And after update xenforo to 2.1 version, still will be working.
Future releases of this addon will be upgradeable only if xf 2.1 is installed?
That's correct. Unless otherwise stated, current versions continue to work on 2.1, although it cannot be guaranteed. Future versions will require 2.1.

To avoid confusion, when I release 2.1-only versions, I will add a new section in the download page @ our site that indicates it's XenForo 2.1. You may have already noticed the download page now says "XenForo 2.0" :)

Why is this last release (4.1.0) is marked unstable on your website on download page?
Because I forgot to change the stable/unstable flag after copying the download from the Beta version :D Fixed now, thanks!

@DragonByte Tech
some errors (same every 10 minutes).
Using latest version of this addon and latest xenforo 2.0.12

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Job DBTech\Mail:DigestEmail: [E_WARNING] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Digest.php:47
Generated by: Unknown account 20.01.2019. at 04:00
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] cou...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 47, Array)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Digest.php(47): count(NULL)
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(164): DBTech\Mail\Entity\Digest->isValidForThread(Object(SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread))
#3 [internal function]: DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->DBTech\Mail\Job\{closure}(Object(SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#5 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(170): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF.php(397): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->DBTech\Mail\Job\{closure}()
#7 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(171): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#8 src/XF/Job/AbstractUserCriteriaJob.php(59): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->executeAction(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(79): XF\Job\AbstractUserCriteriaJob->run(G)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->run(G)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#13 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(27) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

my server:

Same above error when tried test digest mail, and also this one:

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Job DBTech\Mail:DigestEmail: [E_WARNING] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Digest.php:47
Generated by: Unknown account 20.01.2019. at 04:11
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] cou...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 47, Array)
#1 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Digest.php(47): count(NULL)
#2 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(164): DBTech\Mail\Entity\Digest->isValidForThread(Object(SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread))
#3 [internal function]: DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->DBTech\Mail\Job\{closure}(Object(SV\ModeratorEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php(167): array_filter(Array, Object(Closure))
#5 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(170): XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter(Object(Closure))
#6 src/XF.php(397): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->DBTech\Mail\Job\{closure}()
#7 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(171): XF::asVisitor(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User), Object(Closure))
#8 src/XF/Job/AbstractUserCriteriaJob.php(59): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->executeAction(Object(SV\ReportImprovements\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/DigestEmail.php(79): XF\Job\AbstractUserCriteriaJob->run(G)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): DBTech\Mail\Job\DigestEmail->run(G)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#13 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(61) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/admin.php?permissions/user-groups/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech

Trying to delete first created mailing list.
I can delete others (created after first one) but this one gave me this error:

Code:
Server error log
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'mail_id' in 'where clause' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
Generated by: Sunka 21.01.2019. at 17:08
Stack trace
UPDATE  `xf_dbtech_mail_subscription` SET `mail_id` = ? WHERE mail_id = ?
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(240): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('UPDATE  `xf_dbt...', Array)
#5 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Entity/Mail.php(146): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update('xf_dbtech_mail_...', Array, 'mail_id = ?', 1)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1537): DBTech\Mail\Entity\Mail->_postDelete()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1529): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete(true, false)
#8 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Admin/Controller/MailingList.php(159): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): DBTech\Mail\Admin\Controller\MailingList->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('DBTech\\Mail:Mai...', 'Delete', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'dbtechMailList', Object(DBTech\Mail\Admin\Controller\MailingList), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#14 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(57) "/admin.php?dbtech-mail/mailing-lists/test-naslov.1/delete"
  ["referrer"] => string(63) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/admin.php?dbtech-mail/mailing-lists/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["dbtech-mail/mailing-lists/test-naslov_1/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(63) "https://www.pijanitvor.com/admin.php?dbtech-mail/mailing-lists/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(37) "/admin.php?dbtech-mail/mailing-lists/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom