[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Is there a DEMO where we could see this credit add on live?

Also, would it be possible to use the credits for internal account upgrades.

Say an account upgrade costs 10 US$ and you have 2 credits ~2 USD would it be possible to deduct the 2 credits from the total amount so you only have to pay 8 US$ ?

Hi @DragonByte Tech - quick question. This may have already been asked but there's 42 pages to work back through lol.

I plan to use this for people to buy a form of premium on our server - and transition away from direct buying via paypal. So they can buy for example 4000 points and save them as long as they like until they buy a form of premium.

Is it possible for them to redeem those points if they change their mind, back to cash? So, like withdrawing them?

I could also do events and pay people points, which they could redeem for paypal cash. Is this a thing?

Is it possible for them to redeem those points if they change their mind, back to cash? So, like withdrawing them?
No, any real-money purchases are one-way.

I could also do events and pay people points, which they could redeem for paypal cash. Is this a thing?
To be honest this sounds like an edge case and you should probably handle it manually via conversations.

To be honest this sounds like an edge case and you should probably handle it manually via conversations.
Okay to explain that then :p

My game I host is open-sourced and we run a "bounty system", anyone can complete a request and get paid out for it, to further progress our game.
Instead of paying directly, I was hoping this points system could cover that. Give them X points for a bounty, let them use the points for premium or simply withdraw them.

Thanks anyway!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

5.5.0 Gold

Update highlights

This version adds one of the most frequently requested features: The ability to add DragonByte Credits as a payment profile!

You can apply this payment profile to things like user upgrades, DragonByte eCommerce products, and more! This feature will work with any 1st party or 3rd party system that uses XenForo's built-in payment profile system to handle payments.

When configuring the payment profile, you will have the option to pick which Credits currency...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [transaction_state] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 740
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 618
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php at line 638
DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->trigger() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php at line 431
DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->undo() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 264
DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1595
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php at line 90
XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php at line 258
XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Attempted to convert NULL to string/binary [transaction_state] in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 740
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_castValueToType() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 618
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 548
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php at line 638
DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->trigger() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/AbstractHandler.php at line 431
DBTech\Credits\EventTrigger\AbstractHandler->undo() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 264
DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Thread->_postDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1595
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete() in src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php at line 90
XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php at line 258
XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20
I'll fix that for the next version, thanks!

hey so this is really messing up with moderation ... had to disable the addon to be able to do anything. and there is no transaction happening
The next version is currently in testing so I can't release it just now, but I have hotfixed v5.5.0 with the fix for this issue. Please re-download it and re-upload it using the archive installer, and the issue should be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

@DragonByte Tech Receiving this error when rebuilding the transactions

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'message' of non-object src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/Thread.php:84

And a question: Is it possible to set up an event to give points for every day of registration?

Thanks!

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech Receiving this error when rebuilding the transactions

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'message' of non-object src/addons/DBTech/Credits/EventTrigger/Thread.php:84
I'll work around that in the next version, thanks.

And a question: Is it possible to set up an event to give points for every day of registration?
The closest is "Daily Activity", which requires users to login in order to get the points.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This version introduces a few major features.

Where possible, a transaction will link back to the content it originated from. For thread / post events, no titles are displayed as that could potentially cause privacy issues, but clicking on the link will do all the normal permission checks.

The "Maximum applications" event limitation can now be applied per-user rather than globally. This resolves an issue where certain events make more sense to limit...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suggestions @DragonByte Tech

1. The [CHARGE=X] BBCodes: and Content charge event should be supported outside the forum threads, ie. XFRM and other add-ons.

Add new events: (with charge support)

2. XenForo Resource Manager Update View - Viewing an update to a XenResource resource.
3. XenForo Resource Manager Resource View - Viewing a XenResource resource.

@DragonByte Tech was this implemented? At least for the Resource Manager? It would be great to support the CHARGE bbcode not just in threads.

@DragonByte Tech was this implemented? At least for the Resource Manager? It would be great to support the CHARGE bbcode not just in threads.
Sorry for the delay. I've gone through the [CHARGE] BBCode parser code and I see the changes made. The "What content have you unlocked" page, and the database storage for how much someone is charging have been prepared for content types other than posts.

There are, however, problems.

When parsing the BBCode, I can't easily detect the content type based on the information I receive. For that reason, I would have to update the BBCode parser to specifically add support for individual content types, which has not yet been done.

If you post a new Feature Request in the support forums: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/support/categories/dragonbyte-credits.414/ I will keep it open (rather than putting it "On Hold") and look into this sooner rather than later. Requests posted in this thread get lost, and I don't want to keep a hundred tabs open to keep track of what I still need to look at :D

Thanks!

Top Bottom