[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.8.5

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Hmm... it’s a good idea, I’m just not sure how it would work with multiple currencies. Since those tabs would need to show up on a per-currency basis (and they might be different for each currency depending on events), I’d be inclined to add each currency to that list same as in the postbit. Clicking on each currency would then open the overlay as it does now.

Would that work, you reckon?

Fillip

Yea I am having a go with the ability to have multiple currencies... It's a little confusing, as I try to make it less confusing for any users as we have "in-game" currencies that are separate from the DBTech website based currencies. I am still trying to figure out how I can, if I can, adjust one currency for another lol.... I need to really dive into the module and play with it more - it's very feature rich which adds to the learning curve lol

It would probably be most intuitive if (as in the screen shot before) people had the one "Wallet" navigation option which took them to a page (as in screen shot #2 before) where perhaps if multiple currencies existed or if they had multiple currencies they could just tab between them to utilize them?

The only other idea would be to have a drop down that people can choose which currency they want to work with when doing a transfer, adjustment or what have you.

In postbits a lump sum isn't bad.. it's just people are confused by the idea of "hey, I can click on this number and now I can utilize my credits" ..having a "Wallet" navigation option, especially under the member card is a nice tucked away place that tells people this is mine. Heck, even if the wallet were a widget or a tab in a member's profile (or an option to be) that would be nice too.

I cannot imagine the amount of time and effort that goes into coding these modules...they are really well done....so not trying to make anyone's life more difficult, but it would be sooooo nice! :D

Thanks!

It would probably be most intuitive if (as in the screen shot before) people had the one "Wallet" navigation option which took them to a page (as in screen shot #2 before) where perhaps if multiple currencies existed or if they had multiple currencies they could just tab between them to utilize them?
That is not feasible because you would then have tabs with sub-tabs, which looks messy and is a poor UX.

It would either have to be a list of all currencies in that menu, or nothing.

Fillip

That is not feasible because you would then have tabs with sub-tabs, which looks messy and is a poor UX.

Fillip

I'd say a list then, Sir Ninja of Code. :P

I am still playing with and learning it myself.... moving onto the redemption function now. Good stuff across the board.

New changes are looking promising.

Fillip

What about a background option on each currency for "Display in Postbit" similar to the existing option for "Display in Member Tooltip?" This would allow you to have a small number of main/most-used currencies displayed in the postbit, and users could go into the wallet for other currencies. In my case, there are 3 currencies I'd want displayed but 15 I don't.

This next request I realize is redundant, but would it be possible to add a DBShop purchase type that facilitates a DBCurrency 'Transfer' event? I find I have a hard time explaining to my members how to convert currency using 'Transfer' and wish I could just tell them to do it in the shop.

That’s a lot of currencies. I need to learn from you guys lol so you can transfer a currency to a currency?

I am starting to think I am just going to revert back to “credits” and call it a day with one currency type. It’s taking me a little time to wrap my head around it

Anyone whose experienced with it and using it in-depth, Id love to learn a little from. It’s intuitive and sensible on the surface, but there seems to be a lot of depth you can build in.

That’s a lot of currencies. I need to learn from you guys lol so you can transfer a currency to a currency?

I am starting to think I am just going to revert back to “credits” and call it a day with one currency type. It’s taking me a little time to wrap my head around it

Anyone whose experienced with it and using it in-depth, Id love to learn a little from. It’s intuitive and sensible on the surface, but there seems to be a lot of depth you can build in.

I'd be happy to help, although I haven't upgraded to the pure XF2 version -- I'm still on the XF1/XF2 version. Some of the particulars may change. My forum is based around a writing RP, and although DBCredits wasn't really intended for it, I've gotten creative with setting it and DBShop up to manage some of the 'game' aspects of my RP. Unfortunately, I did set up some of the currencies based on a feature that's not actually available, so I could have treated them as purchasable 'Custom items' in the DBShop instead, but it's a lot of work to switch it so I'm just keeping it as-is.

AdminCP -> DragonByte Credits -> Manage Currencies
Why multiple currencies? These aren't the actual names I'm using, but I'd say there's 5 types of currencies in use on my forum.​
  • 'Credits' is the default used to purchase out-of-game forum goodies. It's set up to earn with activity (new posts, replies, popping in daily, etc), and can be spent on things like colored usernames, title changes, that sort of stuff.
  • 'Experience' is a currency used to track progress in the RP portion of my site. It's set to earn for wordcount in a specific area of my forum. Ie, for every 1000 words posted, 100 experience. It can be spent on usergroup upgrades that act as level-ups and sometimes grant additional access.
  • 'Money' is a currency used as the in-game currency for the RP. It's set to earn for wordcount, like experience, and is also awarded weekly based on the usergroup. It can be spent on Custom Items in the DBShop, or transferred to some of the 'material' currencies detailed below. It can also be traded between players.
  • 'Bounty' is a currency encouraging some minor player-vs-player engagement. It's not earned normally, but moderators can assign values when players commit a crime, and other players can see who has the highest bounties. When a criminal player is captured, moderators then give the captor(s) the 'bounty' amount as 'money.'
  • Materials. This is the one I didn't really need to make, and a bunch of my currencies fall under it. The idea here was that players could be granted these by moderators or trade their 'money' for them, and that much works fine. However, I was trying to use it toward a crafting system, which really was too much for DBCredit/DBShop. So, sadly it's mainly on the honor system, and players 'Donate' their materials to a specific user on the forum as a way of saying "I crafted this."

AdminCP -> DragonByte Credits -> Manage Events
Some of the main ones I use are below. I'm not going to go into all of them because, well, I don't have experience with them.​
  • Adjust - This is for moderator management. You (or moderators) manually add or remove currency.
  • Donate - This is for user-to-user trades. Users give some of their currency to others.
  • Transfer - This is for currency exchange (Credits to Money, for instance). This references the "relative value" of a currency. If Credits have a relval of 1 and Money has a relval of 2, then transferring 1000 credits will net 500 money.
  • Paycheck - This is given to qualifying users at set intervals, regardless of activity.
  • Thread/Post/Reply - Lumping these together because they're similar. I designate specific nodes that qualify for these, and award currencies based on total words for each thread, post, and reply. 'Reply' is useful in one section where the threads are created automatically, and only the responses should receive currency.
  • Register - You join the forum, you get some points.
Hopefully some of this helps. A lot of what I'm doing, the add-on really wasn't designed for -- but its versatile enough to work well despite that.

I'd say a list then, Sir Ninja of Code. :p
DncOqIP.png

This was the reasonable location to add the list of credits in the visitor menu. Clicking on the number opens the currency overlay same as every other currency display.

Also, the "Member Stats" integration wasn't working:
THiwTpa.png

So that'll be fixed in Beta 3 as well.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

5.1.0 Beta 3

Update highlights

!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE RUNNING DRAGONBYTE SHOP v6.0.x !!!

This update introduces two new features that let you control where and when your currencies are displayed; postbit, and the "member dropdown" (A.K.A. "visitor menu") when clicking your own user name.

Furthermore, this mod now takes advantage of a new feature in XF 2.0.10, so that is now the minimum requirement.

Lastly, the "Member Stats" integration on a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Okay I like it.. having it in member stats is perfect. Member card and member stats should alleviate any "I don't understand how to access this!" concerns.

Love it. Now to figure out exactly how I am going to use these credits... @kbryant414 gave a lot to think of ((I may pick your brain more if you let me! lol)) .... good stuff.

One question: Does anyone know how to use an fa-icon or what types and how can we implement "icons" we can use before the actual credits amount ...its one of the currency settings to put an image like a $ before the amount of credits but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to utilize that setting.

@DragonByte Tech - thanks!

Last edited:
every time i try to upgrade to all the three updates i get
Code:
www.codeslims.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

when i check the files it says that they were modified tomorrow... please im i the only one unable to upgrade? because i cant get 5.1.0b1 to b3 to work ... please do something about it
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 10.28.33 PM.webp

Last edited:
every time i try to upgrade to all the three updates i get
Code:
www.codeslims.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

when i check the files it says that they were modified tomorrow... please im i the only one unable to upgrade? because i cant get 5.1.0b1 to b3 to work ... please do something about it
View attachment 183505
You need to inspect your server error log for the real reason behind a 500 ISE.

Fillip

[v5.0.3] Hotfix for Daily, Interest, Paycheck, and Taxation events

An issue has been discovered in the Daily, Interest, Paycheck, and Taxation events preventing the "Frequency" event setting from working correctly for these events.

If you use any of these events and want to use the "Frequency" setting, then re-download v5.0.3, delete /upload/internal_data/dbtechCreditsUpgrade.lock, then re-upload all files in order to fix this issue.

This is released as a hotfix to v5.0.3 instead of a new update in order to give all existing licensed...

5.1.0 Beta 4

Update highlights

!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE RUNNING DRAGONBYTE SHOP v6.0.x !!!

This update fixes an issue with the "Frequency" setting for Daily, Interest, Paycheck and Transaction events.

The problem was that those events would only set the "last event" flag in the user table if the transaction was successful. In the case of the "Daily Activity" event, this meant that if you set Frequency to 30, the user simply had to refresh the page...

how about your files that say that they were modified tomorrow ... could not that be an issue?
I cannot assist further until you follow the instructions in my previous post so the real error message is revealed.

File modification dates are 100% not an issue. The 500 ISE is, but without the real error message my hands are tied.

Fillip

it's down ... that's what I told you something is wrong with your upgrade ... because when i uploaded 5.03 it works

Top Bottom