[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
@DragonByte Tech

I think I have just one more question...
If I start offering x amount of credits, then raise
that in the future, can existing forum members
keep the old rates they signed up with?

for example. I may say that 500 credits = x but later
I may want to raise that to 1000 credits, and existing members
keep the rates they started off with, old members will
not appreciate doing more and getting less, and new members will
not notice anything but the new rates they started off with....

Thanks
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "rates". If you change the amount of credits being given for any given event, existing events will not be recalculated. Every user going forward will receive the new amount of credits for triggering the event in question.

If you want to segregate events by user groups, you can do this. Certain events can be applied only to certain user groups, so if you want user group X to earn 1000 credits but user group Y to earn 500 credits, you can do that.

If you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve I can give more targeted answers as to whether what you seek to do is possible :)

Fillip

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "rates". If you change the amount of credits being given for any given event, existing events will not be recalculated. Every user going forward will receive the new amount of credits for triggering the event in question.

If you want to segregate events by user groups, you can do this. Certain events can be applied only to certain user groups, so if you want user group X to earn 1000 credits but user group Y to earn 500 credits, you can do that.

If you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve I can give more targeted answers as to whether what you seek to do is possible :)

Fillip

I want to start everyone with a payout of 500 credits = $x.xx amount (being whatever, it doesnt matter.)
This would only be an incentive offer to get more/new members to signup, later on, then I want to change
credit payout to 1000 credits = $x, however, I want the old members to keep the credit/payout rate they signed up with...

If if old members are not recalculated with the new credit/payout changes, then we are good...

Is that what you are saying?

I want to start everyone with a payout of 500 credits = $x.xx amount (being whatever, it doesnt matter.)
This would only be an incentive offer to get more/new members to signup, later on, then I want to change
credit payout to 1000 credits = $x, however, I want the old members to keep the payout rate they signed up with...

make sense?
Sort of, when you say payout do you mean the ability to convert forum credits to real world money? If so, there is no functionality for that in this mod. You can purchase credits with real world currency (which has the ability to limit purchase events per user group as above, so different user groups would see different purchase options), but you cannot obtain real world currency with credits.

Fillip

Sort of, when you say payout do you mean the ability to convert forum credits to real world money? If so, there is no functionality for that in this mod. You can purchase credits with real world currency (which has the ability to limit purchase events per user group as above, so different user groups would see different purchase options), but you cannot obtain real world currency with credits.

Fillip

Ok, using my imagination hurts...
The credit addon does not use any $ values?
Would this be correct?

Ok, using my imagination hurts...
The credit addon does not use any $ values?
Would this be correct?
You create currencies in the mod, which are entirely virtual. You can choose to call them "dollars" with the $ symbol, or you can call them "dollarydoos" and use any symbol in the world for them, it's entirely up to you.

By default, currencies are 100% disconnected from real-world currencies, unless you choose to sell them as described previously.

Fillip

The currencies are entirely virtual/fictional, as Fillip just confirmed. Regarding whether you can give older members better rewards, though, you can.

I think you may want to reverse your logic, from "reducing credits needed for dollars" to "increasing earn rate of credits" for the older members, and then you can, say, once a month exchange credits for dollars manually, or maybe use a shop add-on to add rewards (maybe gift cards?) that they can buy with the credits.

You can set different groups to earn currencies at different rates. Good way to do this is with Usergroups in XF itself.
  • Create a usergroup called, say, Founding Members.
  • Add your users who joined before a certain date to it.
  • Create an Event in DBCredits that awards credits to people in the Founding Members group (at the rate of 1000 per post/thread/whatever)
  • Create an Event in DBCredits that awards credits to people in the Registered Users group (at the rate of 500 per post/thread/whatever).
  • At established intervals, take the earned credits, and send out cash manually.
    • Alternately, use a shop or commerce add-on so that users can buy things with their credits.

You can create an event to purchase virtual currency with real money. You cannot create an event to reward real money for virtual currency (you'd have to do that manually).
WM9JcXz.png

On my forum, I don't convert to or from real money, but I do have multiple tiers of earn rates.
Vy6y7EJ.png

The currencies are entirely virtual/fictional, as Fillip just confirmed. Regarding whether you can give older members better rewards, though, you can.

I think you may want to reverse your logic, from "reducing credits needed for dollars" to "increasing earn rate of credits" for the older members, and then you can, say, once a month exchange credits for dollars manually, or maybe use a shop add-on to add rewards (maybe gift cards?) that they can buy with the credits.

You can set different groups to earn currencies at different rates. Good way to do this is with Usergroups in XF itself.
  • Create a usergroup called, say, Founding Members.
  • Add your users who joined before a certain date to it.
  • Create an Event in DBCredits that awards credits to people in the Founding Members group (at the rate of 1000 per post/thread/whatever)
  • Create an Event in DBCredits that awards credits to people in the Registered Users group (at the rate of 500 per post/thread/whatever).
  • At established intervals, take the earned credits, and send out cash manually.
    • Alternately, use a shop or commerce add-on so that users can buy things with their credits.

You can create an event to purchase virtual currency with real money. You cannot create an event to reward real money for virtual currency (you'd have to do that manually).
WM9JcXz.png

On my forum, I don't convert to or from real money, but I do have multiple tiers of earn rates.
Vy6y7EJ.png

Ok, I understand...
I certainly have my eye on the credits...
I will have to look at the shop, maybe it will
help to enhance the site even more, not sure...

Thanks

Hi! We have been watching this add-on for awhile now, and we are close to having it integrated on our website.
We really need 2 features that's missing in this add-on:
- Refer a user to register (forum account) and earn credits.
- Complete your profile (including custom fields) and earn credits.

Will these be possible in the near future? Or can we pay to have these features created?

Thank you

Hi! We have been watching this add-on for awhile now, and we are close to having it integrated on our website.
We really need 2 features that's missing in this add-on:
- Refer a user to register (forum account) and earn credits.
- Complete your profile (including custom fields) and earn credits.

Will these be possible in the near future? Or can we pay to have these features created?

Thank you
Siropu has an add-on that extends his referral contest add-on to reward credits for a referral; not sure if it's been updated for XF2 yet.

I redownloaded and tried to install, same error.
I am looking at the Setup.php on the server just now, there's no reference to xf_dbtech_shop_currency

Can you please try deleting all downloaded versions of this mod from your computer, then re-downloading and re-uploading?

In some cases, this has resolved the problem :)

Fillip

I am looking at the Setup.php on the server just now, there's no reference to xf_dbtech_shop_currency

Can you please try deleting all downloaded versions of this mod from your computer, then re-downloading and re-uploading?

In some cases, this has resolved the problem :)

Fillip
It worked the upgrade however now trying to access site I got this error, any ideas how to fix it?

Code:
An exception occurred: [LogicException] Invalid application class 'DBTech_Credits_Model_Event_Daily' specified in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php on line 688

DBTech\Credits\Application\App::extendClass() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php at line 707
DBTech\Credits\Application\App::create() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php at line 607
DBTech\Credits\Application\App::getApplicationFromCache() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Entity/EventTrigger.php at line 18
DBTech\Credits\Entity\EventTrigger->getClass() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/EventListener/AppPubComplete.php at line 66
DBTech\Credits\XF\EventListener\AppPubComplete::match()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 67
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2350
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 364
XF\Pub\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 1892
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

It worked the upgrade however now trying to access site I got this error, any ideas how to fix it?

Code:
An exception occurred: [LogicException] Invalid application class 'DBTech_Credits_Model_Event_Daily' specified in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php on line 688

DBTech\Credits\Application\App::extendClass() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php at line 707
DBTech\Credits\Application\App::create() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/App.php at line 607
DBTech\Credits\Application\App::getApplicationFromCache() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Entity/EventTrigger.php at line 18
DBTech\Credits\Entity\EventTrigger->getClass() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/EventListener/AppPubComplete.php at line 66
DBTech\Credits\XF\EventListener\AppPubComplete::match()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Extension.php at line 67
XF\Extension->fire() in src/XF/App.php at line 2350
XF\App->fire() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 364
XF\Pub\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 1892
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
I do have a potential fix but I am not at my computer right now, I’ll post back as soon as I can. Sorry :(

Fillip

So what can I do to at least fix the site to work again?

Try this, you can disable add-ons via the src/config.php. Simply add this line of code at the end:

Code:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

This will disable all code that is being run by add-ons. You should then go into the admin control panel and disable the offending add-ons from there. The line you added to sr /config.php should then be removed.

Glad the site is back up. You did remember to remove the line from src/config after disabling correct?

Top Bottom