[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.8.5

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Can this be used to rate posts? give credits to posts manually by admin or moderator according to its quality.
and how much each post get credited should appear in the post to encourage quality engagement by users

can this be done with this addon?
thanks
Unfortunately that is not (directly) possible - you can manually adjust users' credits, but it doesn't appear in the post anywhere.

Sorry :(

Unfortunately that is not (directly) possible - you can manually adjust users' credits, but it doesn't appear in the post anywhere.

Sorry :(

If you're already using Adjust to do it manually, no, but you did add Post Liked and Post Reacted events. One option would be to award credits based on meeting a minimum number of reaction points. Makes me wonder... On an older vB forum, we had a Reputation system. Regular users could give each other +1 Rep for good posts, but by default, if a Moderator gave reputation, it was +10 (and I believe that number could be modified). I'm skimming settings in XF2, and it doesn't look like this is an option natively, but if there was a way to make a particular reaction worth x points limited to moderators/admins, you could created a Reacted event tied to that reaction. That would be visible on the post, but lack comments.

You could also just do it manually as it stands, and have the moderator reply, or maybe use one of the "Post Comment" add-ons to add a note below the post.

Just ideas, but they'd require outside add-ons. Unless you disabled Reactions entirely for the average user and only let moderators react, then you could use the Reacted event with no worries of users abusing it.

If you're already using Adjust to do it manually, no, but you did add Post Liked and Post Reacted events. One option would be to award credits based on meeting a minimum number of reaction points. Makes me wonder... On an older vB forum, we had a Reputation system. Regular users could give each other +1 Rep for good posts, but by default, if a Moderator gave reputation, it was +10 (and I believe that number could be modified). I'm skimming settings in XF2, and it doesn't look like this is an option natively, but if there was a way to make a particular reaction worth x points limited to moderators/admins, you could created a Reacted event tied to that reaction. That would be visible on the post, but lack comments.

You could also just do it manually as it stands, and have the moderator reply, or maybe use one of the "Post Comment" add-ons to add a note below the post.

Just ideas, but they'd require outside add-ons. Unless you disabled Reactions entirely for the average user and only let moderators react, then you could use the Reacted event with no worries of users abusing it.
That is a very interesting idea 🤔

Maybe one of the existing "Reactions Enhanced" / "Reactions Plus" add-ons features permissions for reactions, so you could configure it so only moderators have the ability to use certain reactions?

If so, you could configure it so there's 3 moderator-only reactions (downvote, upvote, neutral) and use the events that way 🤔

That is a very interesting idea 🤔

Maybe one of the existing "Reactions Enhanced" / "Reactions Plus" add-ons features permissions for reactions, so you could configure it so only moderators have the ability to use certain reactions?

If so, you could configure it so there's 3 moderator-only reactions (downvote, upvote, neutral) and use the events that way 🤔

Confirmed, looks like it is possible with [TH] Reactions Plus. Unfortunately that one is a paid one, but I have it as part of a sub, just hadn't installed it. Very easy to add a new reaction, limit it to moderators, and then use your Reacted event and tie it to the new reaction. Five minute setup between the two add-ons.

I thought there were more add-ons that played with reactions, but I don't see any after a brief search. Maybe I missed one?

I havent played (or looked) but could you theoretically make a few reactions that only admins could use and then adjust those credits?

EDIT.. There doesnt appear to be any individual permissions per reaction.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

5.3.0 Release Candidate 1

Update highlights

This version contains a number of bug fixes reported during the beta period, as well as a few major features and changes.

There are two major features in this update: Smart event negation and Event transaction moderation.

Smart event negation: In previous versions, you had to configure both the "Amount" and "Negation amount" settings for each events. If you did not do this, users could gain infinite credits by simply editing their...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have an issue where the icon isn't showing up in the navbar for the style I am using - UI.X2

It does show in the default style.

how do I fix?

It looks like if I try to load the transaction logs from the frontend (being with admin permissions to check every transactions), the /tmp/ partition of the server gets full and the site crashes (mysql usage I think). I have a very very big table for transactions, could it be the problem? From the backend (admin area) the problem doesn't occur.

Also, due to upgrading problems, shop points amount in the user table is 0 (or very low) , is there a way to transfer contents from dbtech credits to dbtech shop currency in order to sync them?

Last but not least, looks like all the users have like 10-30,000 more DB Tech credits than they should, but there's no track of how this happened in the transaction logs.

Last edited:
It looks like if I try to load the transaction logs from the frontend (being with admin permissions to check every transactions), the /tmp/ partition of the server gets full and the site crashes (mysql usage I think). I have a very very big table for transactions, could it be the problem? From the backend (admin area) the problem doesn't occur.
Which version are you running?

How about clearing old transactions? Is there a mysql query I can run to delete for example transactions older than 6 months?

Maybe if I clear them and try again, I could fix the issue. To me, it looks like the add-on tries to read all the table (over 2gb in size) and it fills my server /tmp/ directory.

Another issue I experience is the inability of save edits in "DBTech Shop -> Currencies -> My Currency -> Currency options tab". Every time I save, the edit doesn't get applied. I'm sorry for posting this in the dbtech credits add-on, I just would like to have a single page to report all the issues I'm experiencing, as even tho I first tested the upgrade to xf2.1 (and all the add-ons), on a test site, after applying it on the live site many issues popped out all of a sudden, so I'm in need of help as I'm being unable to solve these issues (most of the issues I had were easier to solve and required some database column changes as the upgrade process for this add-on was interrupted from time to time, and when restoring it some steps were repeated (well, I think you know what I mean as you wrote the add-on, including the Setup.php file lol).

Sorry for the hassle, I'll wait in the hope of a miracle from you.

How about clearing old transactions? Is there a mysql query I can run to delete for example transactions older than 6 months?

Maybe if I clear them and try again, I could fix the issue. To me, it looks like the add-on tries to read all the table (over 2gb in size) and it fills my server /tmp/ directory.
Sure, something like
Code:
delete from xf_dbtech_credits_transaction where dateline <= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 15778458)

Every time I save, the edit doesn't get applied.
If it's integrated with DB Credits this is intended behaviour.

Yes it's integrated, but I'd like to edit some settings such as "Display on Navbar" as it shows the currency twice in the navbar menu otherwise.

Thanks for the MySQL edit, gonna try right now!

Sure, something like
Code:
delete from xf_dbtech_credits_transaction where dateline <= (UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 15778458)

I confirm this temporarily solves the problem, as the /tmp/ partition doesn't get full (reaches around the same size of the database transaction table size) and then the page loads, emptying again the /tmp/ folder.

I guess the add-on indeed fully reads the whole database table in order to load the transaction page in the front-end of the site (only at first page loading, when you start using the filters it's faster). You might want to double-check it's working as intended :)

Top Bottom