[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Can your software apply credits for posts, only in specific forums, and allow them to be redeemed to post threads in those forums?
Yes it can :)

You are able to restrict events to only occur in certain forums. If you create one Post event that awards credits for posts in certain forums, and a Thread event that charges credits for posts in those same forums, that will do exactly what you need (assuming I understand your post correctly). If users do not have enough credits, they will see a message with something like "Sorry, you need X [Credits] to perform this action."
(Where [Credits] is the name of your currency.)

You can also restrict Post and Thread events to only apply to certain user groups. For instance, if you want staff members to be exempt from the requirement, select all other user groups except for staff groups in the "User group" setting, and they will be able to post as many threads as they want without losing credits.

Hope that helps :)

Fillip

it's down ... that's what I told you something is wrong with your upgrade ... because when i uploaded 5.03 it works

you can modify your config.php? (I'd have to look) to turn off add-ons, log into your site and uninstall or disable the old DBTech credits to perform the upgrade again. I had to do this myself, but once I did and overwrote the existing files with the new ones, it let me "upgrade" and everything was back to normal.

Yes it can :)

You are able to restrict events to only occur in certain forums. If you create one Post event that awards credits for posts in certain forums, and a Thread event that charges credits for posts in those same forums, that will do exactly what you need (assuming I understand your post correctly). If users do not have enough credits, they will see a message with something like "Sorry, you need X [Credits] to perform this action."
(Where [Credits] is the name of your currency.)

You can also restrict Post and Thread events to only apply to certain user groups. For instance, if you want staff members to be exempt from the requirement, select all other user groups except for staff groups in the "User group" setting, and they will be able to post as many threads as they want without losing credits.

Hope that helps :)

Fillip

That does, thanks.

1. Is it possible to have different credits per usergroup without creating a different currency? i.e. Usergroup One 2 posts per 1 thread event. Usergroup Two, 1 post per thread event.

2. How prevalent is the credit system to end users? What if I don't want them to see it? Can I disable things like currency transfer options?

3. Can I customize it's exposure to users? How or example, I may want to hide the system except on the "Sorry, you need X [Credits] to perform this action." so they don't even see the system exists.

On the other hand, I may eventually want to incorporate it in areas of the site, maybe even in custom add-ons. (i.e. a Credit's page explaining what they are and how they earned, along with a total balance for that particular currency in the user's drop-down menu). I may want to have the credit's useable in multiple nodes, but show the balance useable per node at a different rate. Does this sound easy or difficult? I'm mostly asking if with template edits I can add per-user balance totals.

Now a little more complicated question on something I'd like to accomplish more long-term:

1. Can custom thread fields or other custom criteria be incorporated? For example, if a user fills out X, Y, Z custom field instead of a blank post, they earn 4 credits instead of 2. I'm trying to differentiate between normal replies and high quality reviews, and reward users appropriately.

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

5.1.0 Release Candidate 2

Update highlights

!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE RUNNING DRAGONBYTE SHOP v6.0.x !!!

This version improves the transaction log search interface in the AdminCP by allowing you to search for the source user and target user separately.

Furthermore, the custom "Charge" BBCode (for the Content event) now uses an overlay to ask the user how many credits they wish to charge for the content in question. This works when selecting content and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1. Is it possible to have different credits per usergroup without creating a different currency? i.e. Usergroup One 2 posts per 1 thread event. Usergroup Two, 1 post per thread event.
Absolutely, the user group setting per-event will allow you to control who the event applies to.

2. How prevalent is the credit system to end users? What if I don't want them to see it? Can I disable things like currency transfer options?
You can disable pretty much everything, you don't have to add any Transfer events if you don't want to use the Transfer option.

3. Can I customize it's exposure to users?
You can disable the navbar tab and postbit integration via the options, with that disabled they likely wouldn't see the system at all.

1. Can custom thread fields or other custom criteria be incorporated? For example, if a user fills out X, Y, Z custom field instead of a blank post, they earn 4 credits instead of 2.
No, there is no integration with custom fields, sorry.

Fillip

Now a little more complicated question on something I'd like to accomplish more long-term:

1. Can custom thread fields or other custom criteria be incorporated? For example, if a user fills out X, Y, Z custom field instead of a blank post, they earn 4 credits instead of 2. I'm trying to differentiate between normal replies and high quality reviews, and reward users appropriately.

No, there is no integration with custom fields, sorry.

Fillip

A thought on this. It wouldn't be exactly what you're describing, but if what you're looking for is quality, you could leverage the Likes system in Xenforo, awarding credits (or fractions of credits) for each like received. Depending on whether you want all users, certain users, or moderators to give them, you can adjust the permissions in XF, and if you're concerned about abuse, DBCredits can limit how frequently the user receives the credits via Likes.

There's also an event for adding a Tag to a thread. It's not quite a custom field. I actually didn't notice this before, and might add it to my board -- my users pretty much ignore the tag field.

In either case, you would probably want to arrange the Events so that, say, Post = 2 credits and Tag = 2 credits, rather than Post without Tag = 2 and Post With Tag = 4. Result is the same but one is a lot easier to configure, in my opinion.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is it possible to use credits in a specific category in resource manager or media gallery? I want to charge credits in only ONE category.

I've see it by one of my friend but I miss the feature to Sell Resources with that Credits.
That is the reason that I will not update my XF to 2.0.

DragonByte Credits:
+ You can buy credits via Paypal
- Not working with XenForo Resource Manager

The other one, BV Credits
+ working with XenForo Resource Manager
- You can not purchase credits via Paypal

Sorry, I was searching to setup to sale some old eBooks but I have not found a option to pay with credits
DragonByte Credits 5.1.0 Release Candidate 2

The Test Server is located on his NAS

cd52ad9155477d2a243250f9f8b66c1f.png

Sorry, I was searching to setup to sale some old eBooks but I have not found a option to pay with credits
DragonByte Credits 5.1.0 Release Candidate 2
that is kind of what I just asked about.
That is not how the Resource Manager integration works. When you create a Resource Manager Download event in DB Credits, you have the option to charge them for the download.

Resources must be uploaded as Free resources in XFRM.

Fillip

You don't understand what I mean. There is no option to sale something with credits in Resource Manager, like [BR] Sell/Buy Resources with Credits

8e81f71da9172e94fca1f5811c0c03da.png

You don't understand what I mean. There is no option to sale something with credits in Resource Manager, like [BR] Sell/Buy Resources with Credits

8e81f71da9172e94fca1f5811c0c03da.png

That guy comes up with great addons. It is a shame he has broken the trust of the xenforo community.

DragonByte Tech is a great coder, I know him from years from vBulletin.

I'm just p...of that I have an amazing running XF 1.5 and I can not update to 2.0 because of the broken compatibility
and lack of interest of many developers to update their XF1 AddOns to XF2.

So, you need a dozen scripts to be able to make 3 basic features: Sell with Credits, Sell with currency and Buy Credits
with Paypal.

Top Bottom