[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
In the front-end, who sees / has the ability to adjust others credits? If I leave all the adjustment settings as is (except for the receiving users bit), I can update users from the backend - great! But I am worried that everyone sees the adjust tab in the frontend?

Please advise.

Nevermind - I see this is a usergroup permission... we really need some documentation soon :)

Nevermind - I see this is a usergroup permission... we really need some documentation soon :)
There's no current plans to create documentation as we do not have the resources to create adequate documentation at this time.

To elaborate: I suck at writing documentation for stuff I made. I'm terrible at putting myself in the shoes of someone who didn't create the functionality in the first place. What is 100% intuitive to me is arcane to someone else. To me, it's obvious that there's usergroup permissions - precisely because I added them in the first place.

In short, any documentation I wrote would essentially just be a set of screenshots of the functionality of the mod, which anyone can familiarise themselves with within 5 minutes of installing the mod. Good documentation would be more than this, would explain it in more detail aimed at someone who doesn't understand the mod, and I freely admit I'm incapable of writing something that serves that purpose.

My point is, I wouldn't hold my breath for any documentation beyond the screenshots in the release thread and the explanatory text on each page.
(Sidenote: I really wish XF usergroup permissions allowed explanatory text... That seems like a huge oversight. Condensing the meaning of a setting to 1-4 words...?)

Fillip.

Reactions: RDR
I hear you.

In this case though, adjust events have usergroup settings and it isn't clear what those do for an adjustment event. It's not intuitive that doing something in the ACP (like adjusting credits for users) is tied to a 'front-end' event. It's fine that I know that now but when I first had troubles and asked about it, even you didn't remember to ask if I had set up the adjustment events :)

We don't need full-blown documentation but noting simple set-up steps after installing would be beneficial, especially for morons like me who like to test on production sites :)

Cheers,

Regs.

In this case though, adjust events have usergroup settings and it isn't clear what those do for an adjustment event. It's not intuitive that doing something in the ACP (like adjusting credits for users) is tied to a 'front-end' event. It's fine that I know that now but when I first had troubles and asked about it, even you didn't remember to ask if I had set up the adjustment events :)
True, although in my defence I do have literally over a hundred products across all versions of all the forum software we currently support :P

In either case this particular thing will be solved by the next version since it will automatically generate the required events :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

3.0.0 Beta 7

New Features:

Event: Interest
  • Growing the value of your currency over time.
  • Usergroups that can be affected by this event
  • Charge for event (yes/no)
  • Interest Amount
  • Random Addition
  • Currency Amount (set to 0.01 for 1% interest)
  • Minimum Currency for this event to be triggered
  • Maximum Currency (Exceeded amounts are ignored)
  • Below Minimum Currency Handling (exclude currency amount, exclude entire event)

Event: Paycheck...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In addition to this update, we now have a system where you can request your own private demo board much in the same way XenForo does its admin demo. If you'd like to try the full version of the modification before buying, you can request a demo board instance to be generated by filling out the form on this page: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/info/xfdemo

Fillip

Trying to delete a spam user account but getting the following error in the ACP (and the user account isn't deleted):

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'touserid' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Me, 34 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'DELETE FROM `xf...')
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(661): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('DELETE FROM `xf...')
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/DBTech/Credits/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php(30): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete('xf_dbtech_credi...', 'touserid = 1090...')
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XFSoccer/DataWriter/User.php(39): DBTech_Credits_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postDelete()
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1793): XFSoccer_DataWriter_User->_postDelete()
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XenForo/Controller.php(1021): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/User.php(613): XenForo_Controller->_deleteData('XenForo_DataWri...', 'user_id', 'admin.php?users...')
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_User->actionDelete()
#10 /home/mydomain/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/mydomain/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://www.mydomain.com/admin.php?users/prwaq-trzxc.10906/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["users/prwaq-trzxc_10906/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

Any luck with this one?
The issue was in the templates as well as the files. It'll be fixed next week, I've already made non-backwards compatible changes to the mod so a hotfix would complicate next week's release unfortunately :(

When I'm back at my computer I can dig through and see if I can get you instructions for editing files and templates so you can have it working on your site in the meantime :)

Fillip

Here's a preview of the new look for the transaction log that's coming in tomorrow's update :)

VlsRmLx.webp

This new layout will ensure the transaction log works correctly on mobile devices, as well as being more XenForo-looking :)

Fillip

Here's a preview of the new look for the transaction log that's coming in tomorrow's update :)

View attachment 132296

This new layout will ensure the transaction log works correctly on mobile devices, as well as being more XenForo-looking :)

Fillip

Yay. Nice feature. Is that log stored in database..? And as I didn't fully try this add on.
Is there any setting to auto clean that logs
thank you dbtech...

Yay. Nice feature. Is that log stored in database..? And as I didn't fully try this add on.
Is there any setting to auto clean that logs
thank you dbtech...
Yeah it's stored in the DB, and you really shouldn't remove any entries from it as it's an important part of the integrity of the Credits mod :)

Fillip

Could you please make sure you're running the latest version? This has already been corrected. Adjust events are required, and in the latest version they are automatically created if they do not already exist when you visit the User Management page.

Fillip
Oh yes, it was.
Thank you!

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Credits with a new update entry:

3.0.0 Gold

New Features:

Transaction Log
  • Redesigned to be mobile-friendly
  • Now also displays your wallet in the sidebar

Criteria: Fewer than X Credits
  • Ability to create trophies etc. using "Fewer than X <currency>" criteria

Criteria: More than X Credits
  • Ability to create trophies etc. using "More than X <currency>" criteria

Changed Features:
  • The subnav no longer includes the user's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom