[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
  • I added "Donate" event for all 3 currencies that we have. But when user wants to transfer currency to another user, they can't choose the currency! (please add this to the form, so that user be able to choose which currency they want to transfer from)
  • For Transfer Event (that lets user convert their credit from one currency to another) please change to form to this way => 1 field for "From" (this will be a drop down to choose the currency you want to transfer credit from) and 1 field for "To" (this drop down is now there. that we can choose the currency we want to transfer To) and one field for amount (that now exists too) => now imagine we have 3 currencies and we want to convert from C2 to C3 and our main currency is C1. we can't set the form to do what we need. it just lets us choose the currency we want to transfer to.

isn't it better to make some events unique? or let us choose if they are unique or not?
For example "Profile" event. When I visit a profile of USER-1 and get credit for it, why I should get credit again for visiting his profile in future?
Or if USER-1 get credit because I visited his profile, why he should get credit again if I visit his profile in future?

User A sent a post and used Charge bbcode (50 credit)
User B paid 50 credit and unlocked the content (its ok. 50 credit decreased from B's credits)
But why nothing been sent to A's wallet?

isn't it better to make some events unique? or let us choose if they are unique or not?
For example "Profile" event. When I visit a profile of USER-1 and get credit for it, why I should get credit again for visiting his profile in future?
Or if USER-1 get credit because I visited his profile, why he should get credit again if I visit his profile in future?
It's intended for it to work this way :)

User A sent a post and used Charge bbcode (50 credit)
User B paid 50 credit and unlocked the content (its ok. 50 credit decreased from B's credits)
But why nothing been sent to A's wallet?
It isn't intended to be a method of selling content, sorry.

Fillip

It isn't intended to be a method of selling content, sorry.
so what benefit it has for users who post content to use Change bbcode? Nothing?
(you said you still didn't find a way to make usage of Charge bbcode permission based. This way, I hope to be able to make this change so that when A posts and uses charge bbcode, and B pays and unlock it, then A also get that credit)

and if you make it permission based, then we will disable it for users if they don't get credit when others pay and unlock their content.
(add one of these please:D )

It's intended for it to work this way :)
so you mean B gets credit each time that A visits his profile? Is it logical? Imagine A is friend of B and they visit each other's profile a lot and talk to each other in their profile page. They soon will be millionair :D

so you mean B gets credit each time that A visits his profile? Is it logical?
If you configure events in such a way that there are no limitations on the frequency and you configure them in such a way that B gets credit every time someone visits their profile, then absolutely :)

Fillip

If you configure events in such a way that there are no limitations on the frequency and you configure them in such a way that B gets credit every time someone visits their profile, then absolutely :)

Fillip
The problem is that if we set a limitation on the frequency (like 1 time in each 1 hour) , then if A visits B's profile, and after that C D E F G also visit his profile in that 10 minutes, then he will get just A's visit's credit and not credits for 5 other users.
But normally he must get credit for each new user's visit, and not get credit twice from same person in that time. No?

1. When we hover the Credits in user bar, this comes down:
2016-10-19_12-41-53.webp
It shows:
  • list of currencies
  • credits in each currency next to it
  • Purchase button for each currency next to its credits amount
It would be nice if it was like this:
2016-10-19_12-48-09.webp
so that it also shows:
  • Gift (or Donate) button next to Purchase
  • Transfer Button next to Gift
  • Buttons are float to other side to make it neat.
Edit: also we selected "Integrated with DragonByte Shop". So if you apply this change, also add it to situation where "Integrated with DragonByte Shop" is selected.
-------------

2. When we want to purchase credit, in "Review Purchase" page, below the title of the Purchase, it doesn't show its Description (it just shows Cost and Amount). Would be useful if also the Description was being displayed in Review Purchase page.

Last edited:
We added event to charge user if his content is reported.
Now, when A reports B's content, B will be charged instantly. (isn't it better B to be charged when moderators confirm that report by A? maybe the content is reported with no reason and moderators rejected that report. in this case why B should be charged?)

(it would be better to be in this way => when moderators are moderating a report, they have different choices. now, when we want to define that event, we be able to choose which choices should charge B, and which choices should charge A. in this way, people won't abuse report system. But how that works now will cause problem and people will be charged even even the report had no reason. and because reporter won't be charged when they report something with no reason, then they will report contents a lot to get the credit that we also added to give users for reporting content)

When we want to purchase credit, in "Review Purchase" page, below the title of the Purchase, it doesn't show its Description (it just shows Cost and Amount). Would be useful if also the Description was being displayed in Review Purchase page.
What description are you referring to?

We added event to charge user if his content is reported.
Now, when A reports B's content, B will be charged instantly. (isn't it better B to be charged when moderators confirm that report by A? maybe the content is reported with no reason and moderators rejected that report. in this case why B should be charged?)
Shouldn't the report be deleted if it was rejected? That would undo the event, I believe.

Fillip

What description are you referring to?
Description of the Purchase Event. This:
2016-10-19_16-37-51.webp
Shouldn't the report be deleted if it was rejected? That would undo the event, I believe.
No. It goes to Rejected reports. and it never give the credit back to charged user. (and no alert is sent to let him the credit is back to his wallet)
I think the charge should happen after decision of moderators. (if accepted, charge B, and if rejected, charge A in order not to abuse the report system)

Suggestion: in acp, in this page: /admin.php?dbtech-credits/
  • chart is not being updated.
  • please also add date pircker to see custom statistices right there. (like what we have in XF's statistics page)
  • please also add these blocks under the chart:
    • Recent Credit Purchase
    • Recent Transactions
  • and please add these info to its sidebar above MOST-X blocks:
    • Total Purchased credits (total credits that is purchased by users with real money)
    • Total Spent (total credit that spent by site to users via events)
    • Top Events (top events that caused the most credits to be spent to users)
Let me explain why that page is important for us. We have lots of events (and lots of others will come too) and different currencies that one of them is real. so we should have professional analyze of all the things about Credits in our site (for 2 reasons: 1. in order not to be bankrupted 2. in order to get some interest) so a professional statistics and analyze system is something that will make us a lot happy ;):rolleyes:

That chart has largely been deprecated in favour of the built-in XenForo statistics, I developed that chart before learning of that feature in XF :)
OK. so in this situation, please add the analyzes that I described to the list of options to XF's statistics. (because now we just have Earned and Spent for currencies. and the Income alone below them is not helping us to have a deep analyze)
Any step forward about stats and analyzes is warmly appreciated. :)

This addon looks really really nice, I'm thinking about buying it for my website. :) Does it support a tab on the members list with who got the most credits? Also will it calculate the credits for the likes, threads and post which the users already done. (Like will it when I install it now start with 0 for everyone?)

Regards,
CabCon.

• when we set "Number of Richest Users" to 0, it doesn't hide its Tab in front end. (when it is 0, so it doesn't show any record. so, better to hide its tab too. Because now its an empty tab when it is set to 0)
  • when number of "Purchase" event for a Cureency is more than 7, the popup is not scrollable (watch the video to see what exactly I mean. I scroll to see rest of the items to purchase higher credit, but its not being scrolled, and behind it is being scrolled)

Attachments

This addon looks really really nice, I'm thinking about buying it for my website. :) Does it support a tab on the members list with who got the most credits? Also will it calculate the credits for the likes, threads and post which the users already done. (Like will it when I install it now start with 0 for everyone?)

Regards,
CabCon.
Hi there,

The Richest Users are only displayed on the transaction page, and on the "Credits popup" that happens when you click any currency display link anywhere on your site.

Unfortunately there's no rebuild feature at this time. One is planned, but it's very hard to get right so I've not started work on it just yet. I'll be looking into it in the coming weeks and months, I'm about to be busy with moving house so I don't have a firm ETA for you unfortunately.

• when we set "Number of Richest Users" to 0, it doesn't hide its Tab in front end. (when it is 0, so it doesn't show any record. so, better to hide its tab too. Because now its an empty tab when it is set to 0)
  • when number of "Purchase" event for a Cureency is more than 7, the popup is not scrollable
I'll look into this for a future update :)

Fillip

a suggestion that we really hope to see it one day:
  • add a profile tab (viewing it will be usergroup permission based)
  • inside the tab we will see these contents:
    • list of currencies
    • my credits in each of currency
    • these buttons next to each credit: [Purchase] [Transfer] [Gift]
    • below the list of currencies, we will have list of all active Event Triggers. (each in on line)
    • and, next to each Event Trigger, sum of my credits gained or lost because of that trigger (see some examples)
      • Thread - (Description of Thread Event Trigger) - 100 points × 25 = 2500 (it means each thread posting has 100 points, and I posted 25 threads and got 2500 points so far)
      • Post - Description - 50 C1 × 10 = 500
      • Profile - Description - 40 C2 × 2 = 80
    • at the end, a total or each currency with the amount that is gained and lost or paid.
This is a perfect part that can be seen in big sites that uses points or credit system.

Specially if it comes with a full feature Badge System! a good example of a badge add-on is this. Your Credit add-on has most of the things ready for a badge system (the event triggers)
as you I also suggested it to that add-on's developer long time ago: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/master-badge-paid.89439/page-25#post-1048446
when a badge system comes with a great Credit system, we can setup a perfect reputation system. (a good example is http://stackoverflow.com/)

Top Bottom