[cXF] Sticky Navigation

[cXF] Sticky Navigation [Paid] 3.11.2

No permission to buy ($22.00)
Hi XF users!

In version 2.10.0 I've introduced the Admin link in navigation:

sn_admin_2.webp

I'm thinking of adding some extra useful shortcut links in that menu, maybe something like Users awaiting approval (to go directly to that link in ACP).

If you submit your proposals, I will be very happy.

BassMan updated Sticky Navigation [premium edition] with a new update entry:

What's new in version 2.2.0:
  • changed the admin menu (new links, some visible changes)
< admin view with no reports >
View attachment 84900

< admin view with reports >
View attachment 84899

*note: title is clickable (only for administrators!) and it opens the admin control panel in new tab.

< moderator view of admin menu >
View attachment 84901
*note: moderators will see only reports​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great addon!

I found a bug: When you have "Enable Logo in navigation" checked and "Enable quicksearch in navigation" not checked, design is messed up ;)

Edit: Another Bug(?): On my iPhone 4 (iOS 7) the inline balloons show under the text (not on the right side of it).

Edit2: Next bug on iOS: if you quote some text the sticky navigation is fixed over the editor and does not disappear.

Next one :D: When you don't use "Enable quicksearch in navigation" and do use "Enable Log In/Sign Up link in navigation" then the link shows up on the left side. Not pretty ;)

Suggestion: When you disable "Enable quicksearch in navigation" the second row of navigation could use the whole width!

And finally: The "Disable on mobile" option seeds to just use the device width. The Problem is, that when you I use my Galaxy S4 in wide screen mode and zoom in the sticky navigation is messed up. Also the sticky effect is not very smooth on mobile devices. Another problem is that also with "Disable on mobile" option the script "works" when scrolling on mobile devices. Is it possible to use user agent for the "Disable on mobile" option?

Last edited:
Hi nocte,

thanks for pointing this out. I'll check those combinations. But it's possible that all combinations won't work, I just focus on more useful ones, some of them are just extra features with limitations. Well, it's a template modification, I want to keep add-on as simple as possible to maintain and for users when upgrading.

For iOS I really can't tell much as I don't use it, but I'll try to check it out.

This add-on is made for default style and it's tested on Firefox, Chrome, Opera (Windows) and Android devices.

When you disable "Enable quicksearch in navigation" the second row of navigation could use the whole width!
I'll see about that, but I think it is not necessary.

Sorry for inconvenience, if there is any.

Thank you for your quick response, @BassMan !

No inconvenience. I'm really glad you made this Addon, I just want to help to improve it ;)

Maybe you missed my last (edited) paragraph in my last posting.

I just want to help to improve it
Thanks!

Ok, I'll check this out.

The Problem is, that when you I use my Galaxy S4 in wide screen mode and zoom in the sticky navigation is messed up.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but can't fix it. Sorry, mobile limitations for this add-on, I guess. That's why I've made mobile sticky as an option. Some users won't like it on mobile as it will take too much space.

Also the sticky effect is not very smooth on mobile devices.
I don't see any problems here, maybe just a bit later appears if you scroll it real fast on mobile. If you go slowly you won't even notice it. At least on two mobile phones I've tried.

Another problem is that also with "Disable on mobile" option the script "works" when scrolling on mobile devices.
Yes, I'll see if I can disable it.

Is it possible to use user agent for the "Disable on mobile" option?
Not sure about that. I think it will confuse users (at least mine). This should be an admin decision in my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback.

I found a bug: When you have "Enable Logo in navigation" checked and "Enable quicksearch in navigation" not checked, design is messed up ;)
Next one :D: When you don't use "Enable quicksearch in navigation" and do use "Enable Log In/Sign Up link in navigation" then the link shows up on the left side. Not pretty ;)
EDIT: fixed in version 2.2.2

Edit: Another Bug(?): On my iPhone 4 (iOS 7) the inline balloons show under the text (not on the right side of it).
EDIT: fixed in version 2.2.1

Edit2: Next bug on iOS: if you quote some text the sticky navigation is fixed over the editor and does not disappear.
I don't understand this one.

Last edited:
Do you make any kind of adjustment on the scroll position of the page when people click anchor links to posts? I.e. If the header is 75 pixels high, then the page will appear to scroll 75 pixels down too far and the stuck header will obscure the anchor and the content you really want to see.

Yes, I'll see if I can disable it.
I am not too good in jQuery, but I guess an if-condition on screen width should do it, so that the JS Code for sticky navigation just is triggered when a minimal screen width is available. Of course it should also check for changes in screen width.
I don't understand this one.
I'll post a screen shot soon.

When you don't use "Enable quicksearch in navigation" and do use "Enable Log In/Sign Up link in navigation" then the link shows up on the left side. Not pretty ;)
Fixed in version 2.2.2. I'll update it soon.

Top Bottom