Current Litigation

The fact is we still don't know anything more than IB has moved forward. I have seen where people used the shotgun approach coming up with anything they can think of as the basis of a lawsuit. In one case there where pages of stuff that sounded good but then in the end the company in the end claimed to own the cylinder as people thought about the product being that shape. The little company won but was crippled from it.

Just because IB is making claims and moving forward does not make their claims true.

I really don't think it should be discussed.

It's difficult to know where a line should be drawn, as Kier posted in the statement earlier, "please refrain as far as possible from speculating upon aspects of the case that are not yet public knowledge."

It is, however, now public knowledge and is being discussed across the road.

All I'll add here is what I've posted over there since reading the claim filed in the US court, and that is:

There’re a lot of allegations, and in particular the claim that the xF code was being worked on prior to employment ending with Jelsoft, that even if true, are going to be very hard or impossible to prove.

I had a similar document served on me once, it was actually a counter-claim against action I was talking against a large company I had sold a business to, it had allsorts of allegations that would have appeared very serious to any third party reading it.

However, I knew those allegations were nonsense and they had not a hope in hell of proving them, they were just trying to scare me off, and it dragged on for months. About a week before the court case they dropped their case and made an offer of 80% of what I was claiming. This was increased to 95% a couple of days later and finally 100% the day before the case.

They also had to pay all my legal costs, which I had covered under legal expenses insurance anyway.

The moral of this story – don’t take anything you read in such documents on face value, only time will tell.

I am however very glad Kier has made a statement, and hopefully it will put to rest some people's concerns.

Remember people, they will fling as much BS as possible in the hope that some little bit might stick.

Luckily The Devs are wearing Teflon suits... so the BS will just slide off.

I seriously don't think this should be discussed here at all.

I think this thread should be watched very closely.

Why do you believe that ?

Because doing so just gets into a Ooo they said.. Oooo they could counter with..

It is up the legal teams to fight this one out now.. not people on the internet, who by and large show a STAGGERING lack of legal knowledge.

It's difficult to know where a line should be drawn, as Kier posted in the statement earlier, "please refrain as far as possible from speculating upon aspects of the case that are not yet public knowledge."
You can take it literally or his intention. I take it as we should not be discussing the case and to leave that to the lawyers. Just my opinion.

There is really nothing to argue about anyway unless we have a public copy of the lawsuit, so until then quit arguing about the case.

I agree. A difference about it being talked about on the other site is the case was publicly announced over their and they invited commentary.

You can take it literally or his intention. I take it as we should not be discussing the case and to leave that to the lawyers. Just my opinion.

I don't see anyone actually discussing or speculating over the specifics of case here, yet. I agree it should stay that way.

There is really nothing to argue about anyway unless we have a public copy of the lawsuit, so until then quit arguing about the case.

Some of us do, but it would be pointless arguing about it - as I said in my pervious post, only time will tell.

I agree. A difference about it being talked about on the other site is the case was publicly announced over their and they invited commentary.

Oddly enough they didn't announce this latest case, it has 'leaked' out there, as a result of the statement made on here, it'll be interesting to see if they now close the discussion over there.

It is up the legal teams to fight this one out now.. not people on the internet.
However, people are going to want to discuss it - and indeed will do so - so why not here as well as everywhere else ?

Isnt that what the 44 page document is ? Its publicly available (linked on vb.com).

Some of us don't have access to the private forums Paul, you know, the guy that started the rebellion against Ray Morgan and Brisco is not allowed in the forum.

PS: I hate using vB 4 forums anyway Paul, I can't stand even reading DP any longer for that very reason.

Well im sure you could get hold of it easy enough if you tried, its hardly going to be exclusive to vb.com - it IS publicly available.

BTW, I assume by "that guy" you mean yourself ? I wouldnt know, I dont have any moderation dealings with vb.com.

However, people are going to want to discuss it - and indeed will do so - so why not here as well as everywhere else ?

Isnt that what the 44 page document is ? Its publicly available (linked on vb.com).

Would you and a whole bunch of your loud mouthed friends go to someone's house and start having a huge debate about the legal case they were currently in? - or would you continue to do so when they had asked you not to?

I know a lot of Americans are insensitive.. but seriously!

Anyone who persists in bring this up when it has been politely asked of you not to shows a total lack of basic manners and decorum.

Frankly it would be pointless discussing the document and any likely outcome without knowing for sure if it’s a work of fact or friction.

Would you and a whole bunch of your loud mouthed friends go to someone's house and start having a huge debate about the legal case they were currently in? - or would you continue to do so when they had asked you not to?

I know a lot of Americans are insensitive.. but seriously!

Anyone who persists in bring this up when it has been politely asked of you not to shows a total lack of basic manners and decorum.

So, are Aussies.

Some Aussies are beginning to show how sensitive they are knowing that the POMs are going to smash Australia into tomorrow and retain the Ashes. :D

The Barmy Army, will out-sing, out drink and out-shag the Aussie people. :p

Top Bottom