Good luck to the xenForo team (from an ex-vB, and current IPB license owner)

CTXMedia

I've recently moved away from vBulletin because I couldn't see vB4 ever becoming the software I wanted for my site. I also don't feel the current owners have the software and site owners (their customers) interests at heart.

I moved to IPS. I like the software (despite having had a hard time getting it up to speed initially) and the community there is friendly, positive, and helpful - much like I'm seeing here.

The community should not be underestimated by any software developer - the community is, after all, made up in the majority by paying customers - but to see paying customers also being excited and enthusiastic, and "happy" to part with their cash is something special.

IPS have it, and now the new-boy in town has it too, in spades ... lol

This can only be good for all of us who love our sites, and who love playing with the latest software.

I won't be moving to xenForo, or buying a license (sorry, but my IP.Board license is up for renewal this month) but I *do* want to say "Good luck!" - really, from the bottom of my heart, may I wish you every success - just keep listening to your customers and you won't go far wrong ... :)

Oh, and enjoy the freedom of being able to 'call the shots' - it seems like it's been a long time coming.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Hey Shaun, nice to see you here and thanks for explaining your point of view / opinion about it all. I am glad to hear you're liking XenForo and I hope you will build a lot of great communities with it. :)

Actually, having thought about it somewhat, I have got a background idea that I've been tinkering with for quite a while that I may develop in the near future so I expect I will likely buy a xenForo license at some point.

Trust me to decide after the pre-sale it done and gone ... that'll teach me to procrastinate ... lol

Simple and easy to use should be the site slogan though ... well, because it is :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'd like to say good luck, as well. I'm a MyBB user with an IPB license. It's absolutely unacceptable that vBulletin could pull something as unbelievable and unacceptable as that (along with the price adjustments). It amazed me how many people actually converted to IPB from this, and I have to convince more and more people that vBulletin is not a future, and I wish nothing but the best for XenForo.

I'd like to say good luck, as well. I'm a MyBB user with an IPB license. It's absolutely unacceptable that vBulletin could pull something as unbelievable and unacceptable as that (along with the price adjustments). It amazed me how many people actually converted to IPB from this, and I have to convince more and more people that vBulletin is not a future, and I wish nothing but the best for XenForo.
Thank you very much. We appreciate the good wishes.

XenForo is the best IMO I own IPBoards (selling it) and Vbulletin (got stuck with can't sale) so with all respect for all of the Forums software it just depends on your style and who you would want to support. I support XenForo cause they are kinda a rebellious bunch :p in a good way :D

The same Dragonfly who does IPB skins?

Hello :D

Yes indeedy :)

bye1.gif

Top Bottom