CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
@System0 if you send me an ACP log in I can take a look.

@FredC, yes, you can change the title and text when featuring a thread and make it completely different from the actual thread title and first post content.

I just received the following request from an editor on our site:

"if you try to feature something from a journal, the whole journal gets featured and the first entry is what the members see. They have no way to know which entry was meant to be featured.
Is there a way to feature just the particular entry?"

In other words, is there a way to feature, say, post #10 in a thread?
It would definitely have its nuances But this is doable just not optimal..
@FredC, yes, you can change the title and text when featuring a thread and make it completely different from the actual thread title and first post content.

Last edited:
I am really sorry if this has been posted here, but it is already 144 pages here and I am not able to find out what I am doing wrong for the last hour:

Here is my portal page:

http://www.castleclash.sk/

I want it to look like this:

http://www.racedepartment.com/

No slider, only a nice small image (not the square what I have now). I ticked off BB codes, but image from the thread is still displayed :( Anyone can enlighten me please what I am doing wron? :( Thanks!

Those are uploaded icons per featured thread, which replace the avatar.
Just change the option width and height, and also the SP values to make them the size and ratio you want.

The add-on can only work in the same directory XenForo is installed in.

On my site for example, XenForo is installed in the root, so the portal page is at: http://cliptheapex.com/ and the forums page is at http://cliptheapex.com/forums/ which is the default route for forums.

What you would need to do is create a route filter from forums/ to community/, like so:

upload_2014-9-18_9-36-11.webp

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the article/blog layout request. I'm just really busy with lots of other stuff at the moment.

Feature Suggestion: When a new thread is featured, post it to the site's Facebook page (/admin.php?options/list/facebook - Facebook Application ID)

Before I jump in and purchase this excellent addon, does it have the ability to pull ALL image attachments from posts in all forums and display them?

No, this add-on is for featuring specific threads and displaying them on a home/portal page.

You can however combine it with the Xen Media Gallery add-on and have the recent or random media block on the portal page.

I believe @Martok does that.

No, this add-on is for featuring specific threads and displaying them on a home/portal page.

You can however combine it with the Xen Media Gallery add-on and have the recent or random media block on the portal page.

I believe @Martok does that.
Indeed, I have an XMG block in the sidebar on my Featured Threads portal page. It's also possible to add the block at the top of the page too.

Hi

After the update the server error occurred

ErrorException: Undefined index: sidebarProfilePosts - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:101

#0 /home/XXXX/public_html/vb/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(101): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/XXXX/p...', 101, Array)
#1 /home/XXXX/public_html/vb/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/XXXX/public_html/vb/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/XXXX/public_html/vb/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(22) "http://XXXX .com/vb/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I have a problem that the homepage block is also controlled by the forum block. The two blocks appear to be using the same css values so if I alter one that works well for one, the other gets messed up. For instance in my images the forum view is perfect, but the homepage is smashed at the bottom. If I add a bottom padding to the homepage then it looks nice, but then I go to forum view and there is too much padding. Also how is there a background for forum view but not homepage. I'm really confused by the styling setup of this.

Attachments

• ex1.webp
    ex1.webp
    31 KB · Views: 8
  • ex2.webp
    ex2.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
The page and blocks have separate classes and templates.

It's not possible for the block SPs to affect the page and vice versa.

@dethfire I think there is a confusion of terms here. What you appear to be referring to as the 'homepage' is in fact the forum list.

The Featured Threads home page is something different - it gives you a 'proper' home page like on my site. Your site doesn't appear to have this, nor is the Featured Threads page available.

Last edited:
Been using this for a few weeks now, and I have to say it has saved me tons of time and effort in trying to promote valuable content on my home page. Now I just setup the automatic featuring criteria and it runs like a clockwork.

Can't thank @Brogan enough for this.

Top Bottom