CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Feature Summary

Read More

Installed and setup without any issue. The installation process was quick and flawless. Thanks again @Brogan for such a wonderful add-on and making this available. More so for allowing us to follow the development process which was great to watch.

Exceptional work indeed and now it's time to play. :)

Mike did suggest an icon earlier too but as I said, I'm hopeless with graphics and what would suit the default style wouldn't suit my site.

As it is, I have had to edit the style properties on my own site to suit my style.
My own add-on too <facepalm> :confused:

Mike did suggest an icon earlier too but as I said, I'm hopeless with graphics and what would suit the default style wouldn't suit my site.

As it is, I have had to edit the style properties on my own site to suit my style.
My own add-on too <facepalm> :confused:

Yeah, it's a difficult thing to juggle getting the right icon and displaying to cater for every style.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the icons I'm using for the featured. I'm sure I'll try other variations but this is how those star medals are looking.

Screenshot_43.webp

Ahh you finally got it? Nice. Any plans to give it the ability to have different featured threads in the individual nodes? Well, category nodes at least.

Any plans to give it the ability to have different featured threads in the individual nodes? Well, category nodes at least.
That's actually on my future features list.

I was going to emulate how the Resource Manager does it and have featured threads from each forum display above the thread list.

Suggestions for new version maybe:

- make featured threads for specified forum only (forum based feature threads)
- scrollable featured threads on forum view (editable time in ACP)
- more featured threads on forum view (like RM does!)

@Shelley , how can I make label Featured beside the Featured Thread title?

This is what I currently have after the title you just style to your preference.

Code:
.forum_list .ctaFtThreadTitle:after {
background-color: #BE4F4F;
  border: 1px solid #902B2B;
  border-radius: 2px;
  color: white;
  content: "Featured";
  font-size: 10px;
  margin-left: 5px;
  padding: 0 5px;
  vertical-align: middle;}

This is what I currently after the title you just style to your preference.

Code:
.forum_list .ctaFtThreadTitle:after {
background-color: #BE4F4F;
  border: 1px solid #902B2B;
  border-radius: 2px;
  color: white;
  content: "Featured";
  font-size: 10px;
  margin-left: 5px;
  padding: 0 5px;
  vertical-align: middle;}
Thanks, I'll try to customize it for my site.

That's actually on my future features list.

I was going to emulate how the Resource Manager does it and have featured threads from each forum display above the thread list.

That's sounds good. Maybe have categories have an option to show featured from all child nodes as well.

Top Bottom