CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
wish there the button was linked to paypal rather than a conversation. the brogmaster is probably sleeping now so will have to wait till tomorrow to buy and install.

I have already made a slight change for the next version.
When featuring a thread with a prefix, the prefix will appear in the title field, separated with a -.
Like so:
upload_2013-12-3_8-57-37.webp

upload_2013-12-3_8-58-10.webp

That can of course be edited to remove it before featuring.

This is a very nice mod. I think it is a must have as it will spice up the forum and boost the activity. The fact that Brogan coded it without prior php knowledge is very impressive. Well done :)

Thanks @Brogan, Great addon!

Can i suggest a couple of options for the next version:
1) Ability to have more than 1 featured thread, so that it cycles between them randomly/defined seconds whoops it does cycle through them randomly
2) Ability to choose Featured Thread graphic, whether it be any media in the first post, or alternatively the ability to add something to it?

Great job once again, and very much appreciated. Cant wait for @Shelley to really spice up this addon visually, and for the other mods to get off their mod seats and start doing some dev work too ;)

Last edited:
The height option for the overlay message area has been removed and replaced with a minimum rows value.

upload_2013-12-3_16-6-49.webp

This is because the text area is now elastic so it will automatically expand up to 300px, but short posts will no longer have a lot of blank area.

Thanks @Brogan, Great addon!

Can i suggest a couple of options for the next version:
1) Ability to have more than 1 featured thread, so that it cycles between them randomly/defined seconds whoops it does cycle through them randomly
2) Ability to choose Featured Thread graphic, whether it be any media in the first post, or alternatively the ability to add something to it?

Great job once again, and very much appreciated. Cant wait for @Shelley to really spice up this addon visually, and for the other mods to get off their mod seats and start doing some dev work too ;)

I don't think you'll have to wait for me to style it. Brogan has added a ton of style properties for every occasion and really went to town making it so very easy for users to style every area of the featured add-on in all it's positions. I'm quite confident many people will be able to go it alone and style to their needs with ease and come up with some great looking creations. :)

After using it yesterday and styling it (for 1 style) it's a joy to style and exceeded my expectations. For a first add-on it's such a good product. One of my fav add-ons up there with showcase, notifications, bookmarks. Can't stop saying enough good things about it.

I only added the style properties, options and permissions after I decided to release it.

I was originally just going to write it for my own site and I already had a manual template styled exactly how I wanted so I will never use any of the options nor style properties :D

I only added the style properties, options and permissions after I decided to release it.

I was originally just going to write it for my own site and I already had a manual template styled exactly how I wanted so I will never use any of the options nor style properties :D

ROFLMAO - That is classic. Your missing out on one of the exceptional areas of your own add-on.

I wanted to get this all done for the first release but my motto is keep them waiting for more :D

Great. looking forward to purchasing this. Is there any way to adjust the height of the featured post box?

There are style properties for every individual element.

See the images in the resource.

Top Bottom