CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
That's the same if you edit the phrase for the "Delete Thread" button for example.

upload_2013-12-3_20-47-59.webp

HTML is not supported in buttons as far as I am aware.

Is it possible to set a different avatar/image for the featured thread and don't take the image of the OP of the featured thread? (Like here, in the resource manager)

Is it possible to set a different avatar/image for the featured thread and don't take the image of the OP of the featured thread? (Like here, in the resource manager)
That's not an option.
Edit: I should add that it has already been suggested that an alternative image can be used but I don't know if I want to go down that route yet.
It is on the list for consideration though.

So what if I want to change the text "featured thread" to "featured work"?
It is fully phrased.
Edit the relevant phrase(s).
They all begin with cta_ft_.

Last edited:
Related to the helper span in my resource that I mentioned i was going to suggest.

Suggesting for a helper span to be added into cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template. Thanks @Brogan for the consideration. :)

Code:
<div class="ctaFtBlock"><span class="helper"></span>

I We now have a few tweaks and updates working:
  • Thread prefixes included in the title text
  • Elastic overlay content area with new Style Property in the ACP
  • URLs parsed in the output
  • All BB Code is stripped from the original thread content and also when editing featured content
  • Style Property for the URL link styling
  • Helper span to aid styling
There are of course more things on the list to do but I think I'll push out 1.1 soon as it does improve things somewhat.

Does one need to worry about "unfeaturing" threads? Or is the idea behind the "maximum featured threads" setting that one can set this and forget how many threads have been featured over time?

Request: To allow this to be automated even further, could you establish an option to automatically feature threads from a certain board? On my site, there's an "editors' picks" board where submissions are moved when they are considered especially worthy. Simply pointing your add-on to that board, then, would make the most sense for us.

Does one need to worry about "unfeaturing" threads? Or is the idea behind the "maximum featured threads" setting that one can set this and forget how many threads have been featured over time?
The maximum number of threads which can be featured at any one time can be set in the options.

Once the limit has been reached, the next thread to be featured will result in the oldest featured thread being automatically unfeatured.
If the maximum limit value is reduced, the oldest threads over that new limit will also be automatically unfeatured.

Also, what's the rotation interval? What I mean is that currently, for example, I have three threads featured. I notice that each of those featured threads appears up top for every two or three (it seems three) refreshes of the browser. Is this refresh rate settable, or can it be made such? I would think that if there are x number of threads featured, a new featured thread would appear upon every refresh.

What's the scheme at work?

In a future release, can you make it so that there's a way for the administrator to set the default thread appearance time? Right now it's set for "indefinitely." We will constantly have to change that to "1 week," so it would save us time to be able to make that a default. THanks.

You can do that by editing the cta_featuredthreads_feature template.

Move the checked="checked" from here:
HTML:
<dt><label for="ctrl_create_feature_thread_indefinite"><input type="radio" name="feature_duration" value="indefinite" id="ctrl_create_feature_thread_indefinite" checked="checked" /> {xen:phrase cta_ft_feature_indefinitely}</label></dt>

To here:
HTML:
<dt><label for="ctrl_create_feature_thread_expiring"><input type="radio" name="feature_duration" value="expiring" id="ctrl_create_feature_thread_expiring" class="Disabler" checked="checked" /> {xen:phrase cta_ft_feature_for}</label>

Top Bottom