CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Regarding enabling the sidebar on the featured threads page, is it possible just to enable the recent_posts/threads sidebar widget from widget framework add-on? I don't see a way to do that currently. That's really the only sidebar block that I want to display on the home page--well, that and may another custom block created with widget framework.

On the featured threads page, if I wanted to add a few blank lines at the end of each featured post (and before the replies...read more bit), what would I do and where would I add it? Thanks!

Try adding some margin top to the footer.

Probably an unrelated question, but after I installed your updated plugin, I can't get to the photopost gallery any more at poetrycircle.com/gallery. It redirects to the home page. Very odd.

My forum is installed in public_html/forum, and my .htaccess in public_html is

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^$ /forum [L]

I say that only because it seems like an .htaccess issue. But for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Suggestion: While it's possible to feature a thread only on the dedicated page, it's not possible to unfeature a featured thread from the featured page once it is on the featured page. That seems inconsistent.

globally.webp

Once a thread is on the featured page, it would be nice to see an option that lets you take the featured thread off of the dedicated page (but leave it featured on the boards).

Would it be possible to get a drop-shadow effect around the border of the featured threads on the featured thread page?

it's not possible to unfeature a featured thread from the featured page once it is on the featured page
I'm not sure I understand.
Once a thread has been featured, you can update it and change any of the settings.

You can't feature a thread and have it not show on the page - that is by design.
The page lists all currently featured threads.

Hi there. I have a few questions related to the author name on the featured threads page.

First, I have noticed that certain names get cut off, like this:

sigs.webp

How can I prevent that from happening? There's plenty of space to the right, so no reason to have names truncated.

Second, would it be possible to get the name either under the avatar or under the title of the thread? If so, how?

Thanks!

Once again, everything can be styled using the SPs, including the author name.

If you want to move it under the thread title though, you would need to edit the template.

Hi there. I have a few questions related to the author name on the featured threads page.

First, I have noticed that certain names get cut off, like this:

View attachment 83681

How can I prevent that from happening? There's plenty of space to the right, so no reason to have names truncated.

Second, would it be possible to get the name either under the avatar or under the title of the thread? If so, how?

Thanks!
You really might want to consider throwing up a test site to play with the style properties.. Just about everything including the kitchen sink can be customized.. You really just need to roll your sleeves up and start exploring the plethora of options for yourself..

Top Bottom