CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
You really just need to roll your sleeves up and start exploring the plethora of options for yourself..

Yes, I've been doing that. However, sometimes something that members consider fairly urgent comes along, and I ask for help rather than digging through the mountains of options myself.

The ellipsis for the author name is due to the max width and overflow here:

upload_2014-9-13_16-18-11.webp

Remove the max width if you want names to be displayed in full.
You can also then remove the related overflow lines (the bottom four).

It works.

Make sure you are doing it in the style you are viewing and you have done it for the page and blocks.

For the featured threads page, would it be possible to add a "random" sort order in addition to "featured date" and "thread date"?

I don't see much value in randomly ordering each page load.
It would make pagination pointless and you would never be able to view all featured threads.

On the featured threads page, how do you get the background of the sidebar blocks to be different from the background color of the featured threads?

EXTRA.css:
Code:
.cta_featuredthreads_featured .sidebar .userList .secondaryContent
{
    background-color: orange;
}

Each block has a unique class/ID, such as .sidebar .userList, which you can use to style each block individually.
Or, if you want them all the same, use:
Code:
.cta_featuredthreads_featured .sidebar .secondaryContent
{
    background-color: orange;
}

I just received the following request from an editor on our site:

"if you try to feature something from a journal, the whole journal gets featured and the first entry is what the members see. They have no way to know which entry was meant to be featured.
Is there a way to feature just the particular entry?"

In other words, is there a way to feature, say, post #10 in a thread?

Hey @Brogan
Was just looking at your resource. Looks great!

At the moment I'm running Wordpress on pixelatedphotographer.com and xenforo as the forum and it's become something a little too much for me to upkeep on Wordpress side so I was looking for a xenforo solution and promoting threads etc.

I gather there is no way to import any Wordpress data? I'd hate to lose all the time and effort spent writing that stuff and not to mention the broken links not doing a world of good for seo either.

Was just curious for your thoughts really.

Cheers
Chris

I gather there is no way to import any Wordpress data? I'd hate to lose all the time and effort spent writing that stuff and not to mention the broken links not doing a world of good for seo either.
Unfortunately there is no importer of any kind.

If you can find a third party add-on which will convert WP articles to threads then you will be able to feature them.
You would of course also have to implement redirects.

i just updated to xenforo 1.4.0 and the featured threads are no longer showing on main index page, although you can see featured threads if you click featured threads tab

I am experiencing the same problem with my forum.

This is resolved.

View attachment 83589

If that is not checked, featured threads will only show on the page.

The display option is enabled but nothing is displaying on the home page or in forum rooms. The featured threads page still works correctly.

What specific options are you referring to? I had configured the add on previously and it was displaying correctly., but apart from changing the global setting, I have not changed anything.

outdated_templates.png

Only the first post of a thread can be featured.
Cant you technically copy and paste intro text from any post when initially featuring or editing a featured thread? I suppose the title and read more links would link to the OP but adding a hyper link to your own read more text would somewhat circumvent this since the editor supports BB code...

Top Bottom