CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
i just updated to xenforo 1.4.0 and the featured threads are no longer showing on main index page, although you can see featured threads if you click featured threads tab

Which page do you mean by "main index page"?
The forum list?

Do you have any outdated templates?
Is your style compatible with 1.4?
Is the template modification still being applied.

Check the style properties and options.

No-one else has reported a problem related to 1.4 and it is running on many sites.

OK so i have checked everything. I could not see anything obvious. Not sure what is going on, i recently updated the adon to 2.11.0 as well so not sure if there were any notable changes in this update?

Hmm so was this a new feature? So do i need to set display globally in the ACP settings as well to ensure future automatic featured threads show on the forum_list?

I'm doing a test of the latest version, and I'm running into the following issues/questions:

First, I have all of these things unchecked in style properties for the CTA Featured Threads Page, but all of these elements show up anyway.

feat01.webp

2. I'm doing a display right for the avatar. How do I get the thread author's name to appear under the avatar?

3. I'd like more space between the title of the thread and the thread content (these are poems that need to be set off. I'd also like more space (line breaks) between the end of the thread and the "read more" line. How can I do this?

4. I have checked "remove page title," in style properties, but it shows up anyway.

5. I have selected "remove breadcrumbs," but they show anyway.

All of these questions/issues have to do with the portal page.

Thanks!

I am unable to reproduce any of those issues.
All of the SPs work perfectly fine for me on multiple installations.

Ensure you are using the correct style and that you have no outdated templates.

I'm doing a display right for the avatar. How do I get the thread author's name to appear under the avatar?
There is no option to float the thread author's name right on a per featured thread basis.
You can set them all to the right or left using the SPs.

I'd like more space between the title of the thread and the thread content
That can be achieved via the Style Properties.

I am unable to reproduce any of those issues.
All of the SPs work perfectly fine for me on multiple installations.

Ensure you are using the correct style and that you have no outdated templates.

There is no option to float the thread author's name right on a per featured thread basis.
You can set them all to the right or left using the SPs.

That can be achieved via the Style Properties.

Yes, I had the wrong style selected. Thanks.

I would need the author's name to the right, below the avatar, although I figured out a workaround.

What do you mean by "using SPs"?

SPs = Style Properties

Everything can be styled to suit using those.
The thread author's name for example, is here:
upload_2014-9-12_14-31-54.webp

There is also the corresponding SP for the page.

I'm getting this error every now and then. Maybe you can tell me how to fix it.

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: sidebarProfilePosts - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:101
Generated By: ernestdefoe, Today at 3:38 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/********/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(101): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/trucker1/...', 101, Array)
#1 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatured()
#2 /home/********/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/********/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(25) "https://www.trucker.zone/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I have a question: In aid of those who customize the style properties of this add-on (colors and what-not), would it be possible to create the ability to export existing style properties before the add-on is upgraded and then re-import them. This would avoid the issue of one having to re-apply all of the style property customizations.

Why would you need to re-apply them?
Upgrading the add-on doesn't affect any existing modified style properties.

Oh, that's good to know. Seems to me I had to do this before. But thanks. The added features seem nicely implemented.

Top Bottom