CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
One question that just came to me - if you feature a thread and add an image, and then after X days this threads gets unfeatured, if you want to feature it again, I see I have to re-load the image. Is that correct or is there some way to get the image that was uploaded before?

Gotcha, thanks. I think that's the proper way to do it too, otherwise we'd end up with a mess of files ;)

What @Dakis said.

For me, Featured Threads does everything that I ever did with XenPorta and then more (such as the Featured Threads blocks on forum pages, which is the main reason I bought it - the home page is a 'bonus' that Brogan added afterwards).

There are a few things that Featured Threads won't do that XenPorta does, such as have an article layout (I never used it, I didn't like it). However, one huge benefit to Featured Threads over XenPorta is that is actively developed by Brogan and his support is outstanding. :)

I would like to ask if the portal can also show the recent thread like in xenporta at the top or bottom of the portal? And also can it show trending posts, recent posts, recent status or the same features that show activities at the portal side bar like this http://www.racedepartment.com/? It would really be perfect and gonna buy this addon if it has those features. Thanks!

That site uses this add-on.

I believe you may be able to add the extra bits you want using the Widget Framework add-on.

That site uses this add-on.

I believe you may be able to add the extra bits you want using the Widget Framework add-on.

That's the problem. I installed widget framework but I don't know how to use that with FT. haha! I guess I'll have to learn the widget framework first to get what I wanted. Thanks for reply! :)

That's the problem. I installed widget framework but I don't know how to use that with FT. haha! I guess I'll have to learn the widget framework first to get what I wanted. Thanks for reply! :)
You can add widgets into the Featured Threads page using the cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_top and cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom templates. These contain hooks which WF supports. You will have to read up on how WF works and how to position widgets with hooks but once you so, you should be able to achieve what you want.

You can add widgets into the Featured Threads page using the cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_top and cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_bottom templates. These contain hooks which WF supports. You will have to read up on how WF works and how to position widgets with hooks but once you so, you should be able to achieve what you want.

Thanks for your response! I'm studying it now. I hope I could implement all of this at the end of this day.

Update: I got it now and as a bonus I learned more than what I expected. :D

Last edited:
Is anyone using this add-on with a RTL language and a fully fluid style (i.e. no maximum width)?
If so, you may see some problems with the slider when there is more than one entry, with a horizontal scroll bar being present.

To correct it, you need to edit the cta_featuredthreads_slider.css template.
Look for this block of code at the bottom of the template:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$pageIsRtl}">
.ctaFtSliderWrapper
{
    rtl-raw.direction: ltr;
}

.ctaFtSliderFooter
{
    rtl-raw.direction: rtl;
    rtl-raw.text-align: right;
}
</xen:if>

Replace it with this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$pageIsRtl}">
.ctaFtSliderWrapper
{
    rtl-raw.direction: ltr;
    overflow: hidden;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-prev
{
    rtl-raw.left: 10px;
    background: url(@imagePath/images/cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png) no-repeat 0 -32px;
}

.bx-wrapper .bx-next
{
    rtl-raw.right: 10px;
    background: url(@imagePath/images/cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.png) no-repeat -43px -32px;
}

.ctaFtSliderFooter
{
    rtl-raw.direction: rtl;
    rtl-raw.text-align: right;
}
</xen:if>

The new code should also correct an issue with the left and right arrows.

Thanks go to @rellect.

ok, when searching with the prefix, it showed up
thanks

and where can I find the cta_featuredthreads_slider.css template?

Top Bottom