CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
How can I reverse the order of those?

Edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_links template and swap the position of the xen:if statements.

Note that links are dropped from the navigation from left to right as the width is reduced, hence why the more important links are towards the center.

Edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_links template and swap the position of the xen:if statements.

Note that links are dropped from the navigation from left to right as the width is reduced, hence why the more important links are towards the center.

Thanks.

Follow-up question:

I notice that in a user's profile, there's the Featured Threads tab. On my forum, there are two tabs, though (see pic). How do I get rid of the one without the number in parentheses?

Thanks.

work.webp

I suspect you may have an outdated template or an incorrectly merged or edited one.

There should only be one tab.

FWIW, I'm not seeing the issue here: http://poetrycircle.com/forum/members/roger-fizzerton.11/

Where is that screenshot taken from?

I am seeing it.

fizz2.webp

And wow! You certainly do have a lot of featured threads works! It's nice to see it being put to so much use.

Thanks. Yes, this particular add-on really did something useful for us, and since the site is largely run by a group of editors, they've each been taking advantage of it for some time now.

This is what I see:
upload_2014-12-19_19-59-33.webp

If you are seeing it logged in then it would seem to be some sort of customisation or add-on which is only applicable to logged in members.

I couldn't even speculate on what that is, you will have to disable add-ons one at a time until you identify what it is.

You would have to edit the cta_featuredthreads_forum_list template and add the code to the bottom.

This is what I see:
View attachment 92269

If you are seeing it logged in then it would seem to be some sort of customisation or add-on which is only applicable to logged in members.

I couldn't even speculate on what that is, you will have to disable add-ons one at a time until you identify what it is.

Which of the tabs is supposed to appear, the one with the number in parentheses or the one without? Thanks.

One thing I would love to see, is the ability to mask this onto the root domain when XF is installed within a folder, making it a true domain homepage / portal page.

One more suggestion... I do like one aspect of the new Xenporta, which I think would make this a little more professional... being the pagination. Instead of actual pagination and pages, why not just use AJAX to show the next x results below, up-to the maximum set.

That type of thing, IMHO, is what sets XF design and add-ons apart. Modern, clean, no clunky pagination results on the portal page.

That type of thing, IMHO, is what sets XF design and add-ons apart. Modern, clean, no clunky pagination results on the portal page.
XenForo uses pagination on a lot of views.

I suppose that makes both XenForo and add-ons clunky.

If you are referring to some sort of infinite scroll, that will never be implemented.
That and masonry are two aspects of design I detest.

Infinite scroll in particular makes it almost impossible to locate content.
Try and find something on Twitter or Facebook posted last week, never mind last month.

Top Bottom