As designed Cron entries continue to run when board is closed by Admin

I'm not sure this is definitively a bug, though I can see the argument. There are certainly various things that should still be run if the board is closed, especially if the closure is temporary/short lived -- imagine you closed the board for 5 minutes and something that happened once a week was skipped because of that.

Because we can't know intention when the board is closed, it seems like this is something that should potentially be opt-in by specific usages.

Out of the box, I don't see any crons that should explicitly be stopped while the board is closed. Indeed, some of them certainly should be run to maintain data (like stats). So a global switch definitely doesn't make sense. This seems like something that should be controlled at the specific level of a task, either as an option for it, it choosing not to run when the board is closed, or by you temporarily disabling the task.

Out of the box, I don't see any crons that should explicitly be stopped while the board is closed. Indeed, some of them certainly should be run to maintain data (like stats). So a global switch definitely doesn't make sense. This seems like something that should be controlled at the specific level of a task, either as an option for it, it choosing not to run when the board is closed, or by you temporarily disabling the task.

The add-on author referenced by the link in the first post asked me to suggest this here. Perhaps it's an issue for the add-on author. Can add-on authors prevent their add-ons from running cron jobs if a board is closed?

Top Bottom