Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
@Daniel Hood

Is there any news regarding my issue, we have Conversation Essentials turned off at the moment till it's fixed?

Kind regards,

Helldon
I don't think you need to turn it off. It's running on www.theadminzone.com just fine, @markku updated just fine with the same add-ons. I'm having trouble figuring out the exact issue but it seems like a rather odd edge-case with just @Zynephix's site. To be safe, as always, I would recommend making back ups of your site before updating your add-ons/styles/anything.

@Daniel Hood

I'm talking about hte issue we got after update your addon to the newest version:

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method ConvEss_Model_Conversation::getActiveConversationsForUserByIds() -library/ConvEss/AlertHandler/Conversation.php:24
Generated By: ********, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "https://inthegame.nl/forum/account/alerts"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

My mistake, sorry.

That can be fixed by uploading /upload/library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php from version 1.7.2. That file accidently got reverted on my repo. I'm attempting to figure out exactly what happened with @Zynephix before I publish a new zip with the correct model file.

Well, I have hourly back-ups and have reverted that modification I did do and the other gay had the same add-ons without issue if we try it again?

Well, I have hourly back-ups and have reverted that modification I did do and the other gay had the same add-ons without issue if we try it again?
As long as you know @The Dark Wizard can revert back if there is a problem, go for it. I don't know if you did the first time, but maybe try not using an add-on installer, do the ftp upload on your own and then the xml.

Just a heads up: I am leaving work now, won't be on again for a couple hours.

Ah, I did it via uploading before (the second upload you did with the fixed XML file) but the only thing I can think of is that modification. I've been updating Conversation Essentials since April without issue with the set up I have.

I'll wait until later/tomorrow then.

After a lot of testing it was down to when I deleted a single message the top four conversations bugged but it might be situational, not sure if anyone else replicated it their end. I think Daniel said he did on his end.

Prune never caused an issue, we did several attempts to see what triggered it and I manually ran the cron without issue twice on my live forum anyway.

If you start a conversation with someone who ignores you, it tips them off by saying:
'All participants have left this conversation permanently'

Is there a way to make it look to the sender like the conversation is started, but have the recipient not see it if they're ignoring the sender?

(I think this is a conversation essentials question rather than a general xenforo question since I found the phrase in conversation essentials, but let me know if it's a general issue.)

Top Bottom