Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Starting to translate add-on and didn't find phrases for colours. This strings are hard coded in file Account.php (line from 285 to 300) and should be phrased. This is required for full translation.

Starting to translate add-on and didn't find phrases for colours. This strings are hard coded in file Account.php (line from 285 to 300) and should be phrased. This is required for full translation.
I'll have that fixed for the next release but no ETA for that right now.

I have default list view set to avatars, and have had reports that some users do not see the smaller participants avatars, only the laerger avataer of the conversation starter.

Can anyone help please?

Hi David! Not sure if this will be worthy of considering, but it'd be cool for my situation: I have an auto-responder that says "thanks for your message but contact the help desk for fast service etc", which lets me once again allow general public to send me PC's (I get a great number and was only allowing mods to message me).

I'd love to have an auto-responder that could be turned on for all members, but NOT for moderators or other admins. The mods/admins need to contact me regularly, and I think my auto-responder is getting on their nerves... ;)

Maybe the ability to enter a list of users to be exempt from receiving my vacation message? Maybe other general public users would like this ability too, if they get lots of PC's from folks and want to send all but their close friends an auto-response.

Thanks for considering! I love that after going live on XenForo last month your "essentials" addons are being used and loved by our members (they don't know anything different!)

@kontrabass - This is an interesting idea, however I'm not sure how many people would use a list of excluded names.
Would a check box to exclude people you follow suffice?

I love that after going live on XenForo last month your "essentials" addons are being used and loved by our members (they don't know anything different!)
Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad your members find some of the features useful.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.8

What's new:
  • Converted the prefix colour names from being hard coded to phrases.
  • Fixed an Auto Response bug where user permission has been revoked but active responses were still being used.
  • Added an option to exclude people you follow from receiving the auto response message. This is useful when the auto response is only directed at the general public.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have default list view set to avatars, and have had reports that some users do not see the smaller participants avatars, only the laerger avataer of the conversation starter.

Can anyone help please?

Had this issue but toggling worked. I didn't realize that's how that works, but it's actually kind of brilliant! (y)

@Falkor - not using this add-on. I guess you would have to modify the conversation_view and conversation_recipients templates, but that is beyond the scope of this add-on.

I tried searching in this thread, but I haven't seen anything that matches my issue.

With the plugin enabled, I receive the following error in my logs when trying to start a new conversation:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Can't use method return value in write context - library/ConvEss/DataWriter/ConversationMaster.php:65
Generated By: Cosmo, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://curiouscosmos.com/community/conversations/insert"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["recipients"] => string(11) "PaulaJedi, "
    ["title"] => string(4) "Test"
    ["message_html"] => string(15) "<p>test<br></p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(52) "http://curiouscosmos.com/community/conversations/add"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "a4c622103b5580c458ee0fa1d7e725d9"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(28) "/community/conversations/add"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

The only other plugins I have installed are:
Code:
Bookmarks     1.2.6
Install and Upgrade by Waindigo     1.1.2
Trophies by Waindigo     1.0.5